List of files

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Internet Traveler, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Dear Computer experts
    How can I make a list of files that reside in a file folder? I have a list
    of over 200 files that I need to arrange and in some cases rename. Is there
    a simple way of listing the files and sending them to the printer? My OS is
    Windows XP.
    Thanks
    IT
    Internet Traveler, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Internet Traveler

    Kenny Guest

    Karen's Directory Printer, free from:

    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Internet Traveler

    Jana Guest

    Try the link below. I've used it with Win 2000. This may work for you. I
    have not tried it with XP.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q272623/

    --

    JANA
    _____

    Jana, Mar 29, 2005
  4. Internet Traveler

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Internet Traveler wrote:
    > Dear Computer experts
    > How can I make a list of files that reside in a file folder? I have
    > a list of over 200 files that I need to arrange and in some cases
    > rename. Is there a simple way of listing the files and sending them
    > to the printer? My OS is Windows XP.
    > Thanks
    > IT

    So you prefer the easy way heh!. Then ignore that *fuckwit* *Jana* *twat* ,
    cos that link applies to:
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
    ..Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition
    ..Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition
    ..Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
    ..Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    ..Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
    ..Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
    ..Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
    ..Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition

    Get printfolders http://pfolders.stratopoint.com/
    Or a free one called directory printer:
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
    They work in XP.
    Dr. Bill, Mar 30, 2005
  5. Internet Traveler

    Kyote Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:30:24 -0800, "Internet Traveler"
    <> wrote:

    >Dear Computer experts
    >How can I make a list of files that reside in a file folder? I have a list
    >of over 200 files that I need to arrange and in some cases rename. Is there
    >a simple way of listing the files and sending them to the printer? My OS is
    >Windows XP.
    >Thanks
    >IT

    Go here

    look for item number 112 in the first column and click it. This makes
    it so you can right click any folder and log the contents to a text
    file called folderlog.txt. It's simple and totally free. You might
    even find other useful things on the web site. I know I have. Good
    luck!

    Kyote
    Kyote, Mar 31, 2005