List of compatable Telnet Apps

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Howard Huntley, May 30, 2004.

  1. Is there a List of Cisco compatible or incompatible Telnet Apps? The
    only Telnet App. that I can use is Putty.

    Howard Huntley, May 30, 2004

  2. Howard Huntley

    Ginger Guest

    "Howard Huntley" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a List of Cisco compatible or incompatible Telnet Apps? The
    > only Telnet App. that I can use is Putty.

    Is CISCO equipment compatible with any other system or standard? i.e. No
    auto Neg on Cisco Switches!!!

    Ginger, May 30, 2004

  3. In article <c9dep6$j4b$>,
    Ginger <> wrote:

    :"Howard Huntley" <> wrote in message
    :news:...
    :> Is there a List of Cisco compatible or incompatible Telnet Apps? The
    :> only Telnet App. that I can use is Putty.

    I've never heard of a reputable telnet application that did -not- work
    with Cisco equipment. Your reference to Putty suggests to me that you
    might be using one of the IOS images that supports only ssh and not
    plain telnet.

    :Is CISCO equipment compatible with any other system or standard? i.e. No
    :auto Neg on Cisco Switches!!!

    I've been using Cisco devices for a number of years, and I've never found
    one that did not support autonegotiation. Perhaps a sufficiently old
    switch that predated the IEEE 802.3 standardization of how to do
    autonegotiation?

    Note, by the way, that at 10 and 100 Mbps, the IEEE 802.3 spec
    is not specific in a number of places, leading to different manufacturers
    implimenting the spec differently. I have read that for 1000BaseT they
    filled in a number of holes in the spec so as to make it more
    interoperable.
    --
    "Infinity is like a stuffed walrus I can hold in the palm of my hand.
    Don't do anything with infinity you wouldn't do with a stuffed walrus."

    Walter Roberson, May 30, 2004
  4. Howard Huntley

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Is there a List of Cisco compatible or incompatible Telnet Apps? The
    > only Telnet App. that I can use is Putty.

    Every single one I tried worked. NCSA Telnet, EWAN, TeraTerm PuTYy,
    ZOC, IVT, HyperTerm (yech!), Commnet, Varios MAC telnet clients too.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 30, 2004