List of Bt "porting" voip providers

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Homeworker, Jan 15, 2008.

  1. Homeworker

    Homeworker Guest

    Homeworker, Jan 15, 2008

  2. Homeworker

    BC Guest

    Homeworker wrote:
    > Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
    > company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
    > gradweel do it for £20 per number + monthly line fee
    >
    > Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
    > for me to compare?
    >

    > PAUL

    voip.co.uk will, at no cost.
    BC, Jan 15, 2008

  3. Homeworker

    Jono Guest

    BC wrote :
    > Homeworker wrote:
    >> Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
    >> company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
    >> gradweel do it for £20 per number + monthly line fee
    >>
    >> Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
    >> for me to compare?
    >>

    >> PAUL
    >>

    > voip.co.uk will, at no cost.

    Also, Voipfone will port for a nominal fee.

    (I thought voip.co.uk also charged....)
    Jono, Jan 15, 2008
  4. Homeworker

    Chris Hills Guest

    Homeworker wrote:
    > Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
    > company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
    > gradweel do it for £20 per number + monthly line fee
    >
    > Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
    > for me to compare?

    Whilst on the subject of porting, are there any voip providers that will
    let you port a mobile number to them?
    Chris Hills, Jan 15, 2008
  5. Do any of these NOT have a minimum call fee?

    R. Mark Clayton, Jan 15, 2008
  6. Homeworker

    BC Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Also, Voipfone will port for a nominal fee.
    >
    > (I thought voip.co.uk also charged....)

    No there is no fee. They charge £5 if you want to add a number as
    outgoing caller ID to your account; this is where the number remains
    with another provider such as BT or VM.
    BC, Jan 15, 2008
  7. Homeworker

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:51:12 GMT, BC
    <> wrote:

    >Jono wrote:
    >

    >> Also, Voipfone will port for a nominal fee.
    >>
    >> (I thought voip.co.uk also charged....)
    >>

    >No there is no fee. They charge £5 if you want to add a number as
    >outgoing caller ID to your account;

    Is this per number of per form submitted with list of numbers?

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Jan 15, 2008
  8. Homeworker

    BC Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    >> No there is no fee. They charge £5 if you want to add a number as
    >> outgoing caller ID to your account;

    > Is this per number of per form submitted with list of numbers?
    >
    > ---
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    > ---

    Per number I believe.

    However, if you do port a number in then there is no charge to use that
    number as your outgoing caller ID.
    BC, Jan 15, 2008
  9. Homeworker

    Homeworker Guest

    Thnaks for info but it seems like voip.co.uk has abysmal
    website with very little inof and no details of charges and actively
    dont suppoort residential customers at moment

    Homeworker, Jan 16, 2008
  10. Homeworker

    Stephen Guest

    Re: List of Bt "porting" voip providers / aql

    Just for the record, aql charge £12 plus VAT to port. One advantage is
    any VoIP number can be converted to a fax number (with the virtual fax
    service), and that includes ported numbers.

    Regards
    Stephen

    Stephen, Jan 16, 2008
  11. Homeworker

    Homeworker Guest

    Re: List of Bt "porting" voip providers / aql

    Stephen whos "aql"

    Homeworker, Jan 16, 2008
  12. Homeworker

    Mr Man Guest

    Re: List of Bt "porting" voip providers / aql

    www.aql.com are AQL.

    Voipfone's my reccomendation :)
    Mr Man, Jan 16, 2008
  13. Re: List of Bt "porting" voip providers / aql

    Stephen wrote:
    > Just for the record, aql charge £12 plus VAT to port. One advantage is
    > any VoIP number can be converted to a fax number (with the virtual fax
    > service), and that includes ported numbers.
    >
    > Regards
    > Stephen

    Gradwell can also turn ported numbers into fax to email numbers, for a
    fee of £10 + £20. (normal Fax2email setup charge + porting fee). They
    can also port Energis numbers.
    Thomas Kenyon, Jan 17, 2008
  14. Chris Hills wrote:
    > Homeworker wrote:
    >> Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
    >> company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
    >> gradweel do it for £20 per number + monthly line fee
    >>
    >> Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
    >> for me to compare?

    > Whilst on the subject of porting, are there any voip providers that will
    > let you port a mobile number to them?

    I hope not, this is a breach of OFCOM regulations.
    Thomas Kenyon, Jan 17, 2008
  15. Homeworker

    Chris Hills Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > I hope not, this is a breach of OFCOM regulations.

    Specifically...?
    Chris Hills, Jan 17, 2008
  16. Chris Hills wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >> I hope not, this is a breach of OFCOM regulations.

    > Specifically...?

    No idea, was just something I read on uk.telecom.

    It would explain why the termination charges to non-mobile mobile
    numbers (and I don't mean personal numbers, I mean the ranges that
    telephony services, Magrathea and energis own) are so high.
    Thomas Kenyon, Jan 17, 2008
  17. Homeworker

    Telephoneman Guest

    "Chris Hills" <> wrote in message
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >> I hope not, this is a breach of OFCOM regulations.

    > Specifically...?

    It would likely breach the OFCOM National Numbering plan. Numbers in the 07
    range (outside of 070 "Personal numbers") are designated for Mobile
    Services. This does not preclude Operators and Service Providers that do not
    have GSM and 3G services from getting allocated numbers in these ranges but
    they would have to show that they were for "mobile" services. There are for
    instance some operators of Foreign GSM services that have UK numbers.

    Liam
    Telephoneman, Jan 17, 2008
  18. Homeworker

    alexd Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:03:54 +0000, Telephoneman wrote:

    > "Chris Hills" <> wrote in message
    >> Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >>> I hope not, this is a breach of OFCOM regulations.

    >> Specifically...?

    > It would likely breach the OFCOM National Numbering plan. Numbers in the
    > 07 range (outside of 070 "Personal numbers") are designated for Mobile
    > Services. This does not preclude Operators and Service Providers that do
    > not have GSM and 3G services from getting allocated numbers in these
    > ranges but they would have to show that they were for "mobile" services.
    > There are for instance some operators of Foreign GSM services that have
    > UK numbers.

    Presumably a handset with a SIP client wouldn't count? What is their
    justification for this?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:56:24 up 12 days, 12:21, 3 users, load average: 1.02, 1.02, 1.08
    alexd, Jan 17, 2008
  19. Chris Hills wrote:
    > Homeworker wrote:
    >> Im looking to port in a couple of Bt numbers to a voip
    >> company ..is pretty muddy waters but so far it sems
    >> gradweel do it for £20 per number + monthly line fee
    >>
    >> Anybody got a list of comapnies that can do BT porting
    >> for me to compare?

    > Whilst on the subject of porting, are there any voip providers that will
    > let you port a mobile number to them?

    You would need a voip operator with a significant mobile network in
    place. i can't think of any.

    cheers
    peter

    <email/web_hosting/business_voip> <t:01225 800 810>
    Peter Gradwell, Jan 21, 2008