List all computers on network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by edward, May 17, 2009.

  1. edward

    edward Guest

    I was wondering if it was possible to use command prompt to list all
    computers on my wireless network even if they are not in the same workgroup.

    edward, May 17, 2009

  2. edward

    Pavel A. Guest

    edward wrote:
    > I was wondering if it was possible to use command prompt to list all
    > computers on my wireless network even if they are not in the same workgroup.

    IMHO the best you can get is to ask your router
    to give list of all clients connected to it.
    This can work if the router speaks SNMP or other remote
    management protocol.
    Or run a sniffer for packets directed to your router.
    So much...

    -- pa

    Pavel A., May 17, 2009

  3. edward

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    Download and run this free utility,
    http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
    It will give a very detailed description of every thing that is connected to
    the same network.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, May 18, 2009