    reductions then traditional heatsink and fans. So my question is, am I
    better to get a liquid cooling kit for my CPU or am I better to get a good
    fan/heatsink combo and save the $100+ ??
    Nik Schlein, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Nik Schlein

    kenny Guest

    those liquid cooling systems are for overclockers...
    If you use your cpu at its rated speed then you dont need liquid cooling.

    kenny, Mar 1, 2005

    http://compreviews.about.com/od/cpus/a/LiquidCooling.htm
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Nik Schlein

    The One Guest

    "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message
    > Okay, I am building my new computer, and I have always heard that liquid
    > cooling is the way to go if you can afford it. I can afford it, well that

    is
    > I will force myself to if it truly is the better choice. But in my

    research
    > of cooling kits, they are reporting only marginally better temperature
    > reductions then traditional heatsink and fans. So my question is, am I
    > better to get a liquid cooling kit for my CPU or am I better to get a good
    > fan/heatsink combo and save the $100+ ??

    No, one leak = whole system fucked.

    Fill your system up with fans.
    The One, Mar 1, 2005
  5. Nik Schlein

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message

    > "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message
    >> Okay, I am building my new computer, and I have always heard that liquid
    >> cooling is the way to go if you can afford it. I can afford it, well that

    > is
    >> I will force myself to if it truly is the better choice. But in my

    > research
    >> of cooling kits, they are reporting only marginally better temperature
    >> reductions then traditional heatsink and fans. So my question is, am I
    >> better to get a liquid cooling kit for my CPU or am I better to get a
    >> good
    >> fan/heatsink combo and save the $100+ ??
    >>

    > No, one leak = whole system fucked.
    >
    > Fill your system up with fans.

    more fans = more dust...

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Mar 1, 2005
  6. 127.0.0.1 wrote:

    > "The One" <> wrote in message

    >> "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message
    >>> Okay, I am building my new computer, and I have always heard that liquid
    >>> cooling is the way to go if you can afford it. I can afford it, well that

    >> is
    >>> I will force myself to if it truly is the better choice. But in my

    >> research
    >>> of cooling kits, they are reporting only marginally better temperature
    >>> reductions then traditional heatsink and fans. So my question is, am I
    >>> better to get a liquid cooling kit for my CPU or am I better to get a
    >>> good
    >>> fan/heatsink combo and save the $100+ ??

    >> No, one leak = whole system fucked.

    >> Fill your system up with fans.

    > more fans = more dust...

    Not if you filter the input(s) and the input(s) move enough air to keep
    the box pressure positive. In that case, you get a *cleaner* box.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Nik Schlein

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > 127.0.0.1 wrote:
    >
    >> "The One" <> wrote in message

    >>> "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message
    >>> is
    >>> research

    >>> No, one leak = whole system fucked.

    >>> Fill your system up with fans.

    >> more fans = more dust...

    > Not if you filter the input(s) and the input(s) move enough air to keep
    > the box pressure positive. In that case, you get a *cleaner* box.

    i guess you never worked with case filtering...

    you haven't described input(s)
    if air is being drawn out by the fans, then inputs will include CD tray, USB
    panels, floppy input, all areas where you get dust accumulation.

    you want low vacuum (single fan) with large filter area (replace case panel
    with tight fitting custom filter). my home servers uses this configuration.
    i also monitor the temperature with my fluke meter.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Mar 1, 2005
  8. 127.0.0.1 wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> 127.0.0.1 wrote:

    >>> "The One" <> wrote in message

    >>> more fans = more dust...

    >> Not if you filter the input(s) and the input(s) move enough air to
    >> keep the box pressure positive. In that case, you get a *cleaner*
    >> box.

    > i guess you never worked with case filtering...

    I have a high-enough-movement case inward-blowing fan on the side of the
    case that the air flow through cracks, vents, and other openings is
    outbound. Nothing's coming in those dirty, and the side fan that keeps
    the pressure positive is filtered.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 1, 2005
  9. Nik Schlein

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Barry OGrady, Mar 1, 2005
  10. Nik Schlein

    Nik Schlein Guest

    I would say just get some "Canned Air" and blow the sum biatch out. I don't
    smoke but if you do then its more complicated. I blow out my computer once a
    month whether it needs it or not.

    Nik Schlein, Mar 3, 2005