    that movie at all. Still, i thought people might want to know. There
    didn't appear to be a coupon or anything like tha tinvolved; it just
    said, "LION KING DVD $10"

    Evil, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Evil

    Zimmy Guest

    You do you know what preorder means, don't you?

    Zimmy, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Evil

    Ray Tracer Guest

    in article , Evil at
    thus spake on 9/10/03 1:48 PM:

    > I wandered thru Toys R Us today and saw a bunch of preorder tags for
    > LION KING SE DVD for $10. I was tempted, but i didn't really like
    > that movie at all. Still, i thought people might want to know. There
    > didn't appear to be a coupon or anything like tha tinvolved; it just
    > said, "LION KING DVD $10"

    ToysRUs have been advertising DVD (and VHS) pre-orders for some time and it
    can be quite misleading if you're not looking closely enough. Last time I
    was in there, they were selling "Finding Nemo" preorders for $5. That's what
    the tag says - $5. What that doesn't say (at least not in any way so's you'd
    notice) is that that ain't the final price.....that's just a downpayment to
    guarantee yourself a copy when they come in. You'll pay the balance of
    $14.99 when you pick it up. A total of $19.99. Hardly a bargain.

    All of which is only to say, folks should check what the final cost will be
    if they feel the urge to take advantage of this "deal".

    Neal
    --
    "He who will not reason is a bigot.
    He who cannot reason is a fool.

    Ray Tracer, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Evil

    Impmon Guest

    On 10 Sep 2003 11:48:08 -0700, (Evil) typed:

    >I wandered thru Toys R Us today and saw a bunch of preorder tags for
    >LION KING SE DVD for $10. I was tempted, but i didn't really like
    >that movie at all. Still, i thought people might want to know. There
    >didn't appear to be a coupon or anything like tha tinvolved; it just
    >said, "LION KING DVD $10"

    Those are presell deposit. Check the backside of the tag, you'll see
    the balance you need to pay when the DVD's available.
    --
    All viruses and spams are automatically removed by my ISP before
    reaching my inbox.

    Impmon, Sep 11, 2003
  5. Evil

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Ray Tracer" <> wrote in message
    in article , Evil at
    thus spake on 9/10/03 1:48 PM:

    > I wandered thru Toys R Us today and saw a bunch of preorder tags for
    > LION KING SE DVD for $10. I was tempted, but i didn't really like
    > that movie at all. Still, i thought people might want to know. There
    > didn't appear to be a coupon or anything like tha tinvolved; it just
    > said, "LION KING DVD $10"

    <<ToysRUs have been advertising DVD (and VHS) pre-orders for some time
    and it can be quite misleading if you're not looking closely enough.
    Last time I was in there, they were selling "Finding Nemo" preorders for
    $5. That's what the tag says - $5. What that doesn't say (at least not
    in any way so's you'd notice) is that that ain't the final
    price.....that's just a downpayment to guarantee yourself a copy when
    they come in. You'll pay the balance of $14.99 when you pick it up. A
    total of $19.99. Hardly a bargain.>>

    <<All of which is only to say, folks should check what the final cost
    will be if they feel the urge to take advantage of this "deal". Neal>>

    Any confusion might be the result of ToysRUs actually selling one of the
    Star Wars DVDs (I think it was the first one) for $9.99.

    Scot Gardner, Sep 11, 2003
  6. Evil

    Evil Guest

    Impmon <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 10 Sep 2003 11:48:08 -0700, (Evil) typed:
    >
    > >I wandered thru Toys R Us today and saw a bunch of preorder tags for
    > >LION KING SE DVD for $10. I was tempted, but i didn't really like
    > >that movie at all. Still, i thought people might want to know. There
    > >didn't appear to be a coupon or anything like tha tinvolved; it just
    > >said, "LION KING DVD $10"

    > Those are presell deposit. Check the backside of the tag, you'll see
    > the balance you need to pay when the DVD's available.

    ok, thanks to all for the clarification.

    Evil, Sep 11, 2003
  7. Evil

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Scot Gardner wrote:

    > Any confusion might be the result of ToysRUs actually selling one of the
    > Star Wars DVDs (I think it was the first one) for $9.99.

    Clones was 10.99 at my TRU when it came out, and was promptly price
    matched by everyone else locally, so I bought it at best buy and got a
    free calendar with it.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Sep 12, 2003