    Hopefully its just an error....

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Brian \Demolition Man\ Little

    Mark Spatny Guest

    "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <>,"Brian \"Demolition Man\"
    Little" <> says...
    > Is "The Lion King" actually 1.66:1 or is it
    > 1.85:1.

    I don't know about Lion King specifically, but at the time it was made
    it was not unusual for animated films to be made 1.66:1.
    Mark Spatny, Sep 23, 2003

  3. >> Is "The Lion King" actually 1.66:1 or is it
    >> 1.85:1.

    >I don't know about Lion King specifically, but at the time it was made
    >it was not unusual for animated films to be made 1.66:1.

    But were they framed for 1.66:1? I assume they would make cartoons 1.66:1 so
    they didn't have to crop as much from the sides for the 4:3 transfer.

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker
    Sydney Assbasket, Sep 23, 2003
  4. In news:,
    Sydney Assbasket <> said in a panic:
    >>> Is "The Lion King" actually 1.66:1 or is it
    >>> 1.85:1.

    >> I don't know about Lion King specifically, but at the time it was
    >> made
    >> it was not unusual for animated films to be made 1.66:1.
    >>

    > But were they framed for 1.66:1? I assume they would make cartoons
    > 1.66:1 so they didn't have to crop as much from the sides for the 4:3
    > transfer.

    It wouldn't make sense because my Laserdisc is 1.85:1, keep in mind
    that "Aladdin" is 1.66:1 and is presented that was on the CAV Letterbox
    Edition I own. That's why I question why I keep seeing 1.66:1 being the
    quoted AR on "Lion King" when my LD is at 1.85:1.

    I'll compared the two when I buy my copy like every person on
    October 7th will be doing.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Sep 24, 2003