    Meanwhile, IBM all but concedes the desktop to Windows and OsX, while Suse
    takes a whack at frothing, fanatical fanboys who can't face reality.

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/22/linuxcon_2009_joe_brockmeier/

    impossible, Sep 23, 2009

  2. impossible

    peterwn Guest

    On Sep 23, 3:26 pm, "impossible" <> wrote:
    <snip>

    Please do not feed the trolls.

    peterwn, Sep 23, 2009

  3. impossible

    Biggless Guest

    On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:08:39 -0700, peterwn wrote:

    > On Sep 23, 3:26 pm, "impossible" <> wrote: <snip>
    >
    > Please do not feed the trolls.

    Bang on the money regarding the crappy sound / network manager and good
    enuff complete at 80 % ... I never thought id see the day that lot was
    ever admitted to ....

    Biggles..

    Biggless, Sep 23, 2009
  4. impossible

    impossible Guest

    "peterwn" <> wrote in message
    On Sep 23, 3:26 pm, "impossible" <> wrote:
    > <snip>

    <unsnip>

    Why the censorship? What is Pete the Pest afraid of? <shakes head>

    >> "For the last eight years, we've been told it's the year of the Linux
    >> desktop. Yet penetration figures have remained somewhere in the region of
    >> 0
    >> to 1 per cent."
    >>

    >> Hmmm...Where have I heard that before?
    >>
    >> The Linux Foundation whistles past the graveyard, busily counting Tivo
    >> boxes
    >> as "market share". Yeah, right.
    >> Meanwhile, IBM all but concedes the desktop to Windows and OsX, while
    >> Suse
    >> takes a whack at frothing, fanatical fanboys who can't face reality.
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/22/linuxcon_2009_joe_brockmeier/

    > Please do not feed the trolls.

    Oh, I get it now -- too many ionconvenient facts for a nixophiliac to
    process. Slink away!

    When a Suse exec concedes that "We're getting our asses kicked" because the
    Linux desktop offers a second-rate experience to customers, it makes Pete
    the Pest and his Merry Band of Linux Fanboys look pretty silly. But then
    what else is new.

    impossible, Sep 23, 2009