Linux Zombies Poised for DDoS Attacks?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Leo Diaz, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. Leo Diaz

    Leo Diaz Guest

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=310&tag=nl.e622

    "But in the podcast I did with Barrett yesterday he raises the specter of a
    new generation of zombies, Linux zombies, being used to launch attacks
    against targets. He says in a recent battle he had to defend a site that
    was under attack from a Japanese hacker who had been hired by someone to
    take out their competitor, Barrett¢s client."

    "The hacker used a common mis-configuration in PHP scripts to take over
    Linux machines and use them for his army of zombies. What is scary about
    this is that these machines are typically web servers on broadband
    connections, unlike the usual collection of PCs on college campuses that
    are part of a bot-herd. So they are much more deadly, especially when
    combined into a single force. The PHP script is easily searchable on
    Google so the hacker automated his harvesting activity by having each
    infected machine search for more machines to infect using Google results to
    seed the search. "

    Let the denial and discrediting begin.

    Leo Diaz, Apr 14, 2006

  2. The racist, liar and software thief Leo Diaz (flatfish) nymshifted:

    < snip flatfish droppings >

    You lately nymshifted to

    Abbie Diaz, Aftab Singh, Allen Cusimano, Allie Perkins, Allison Juergans,
    allison_hunt1969, Ana Thema, Anna Banger, anonymous, Archie, Archie Moss
    Bunker, Archie Watermann, Baba Booey, Babu Singh, Bill Thomson, Billy
    <billy.the.kidd>,bill.gates.loves.me, bison, Bjarne Jensen, BklynBoy,
    bonobo magilla, Boyce Mabri, BSEE, Buster, CBFalconer, Charles LeGrand,
    Charlie, Choppers McGee, Chris Thomas, Christine Abernathy, Claire Lynn,
    Clippy, Clock King, Collie Entragion, Colon Singh, common cold, Connie
    Hines, Corrie, Corrie Titlaand, Cory Dyvik, Curtis Wilson, dbx_boy,
    Deadpenguin, Debbie, Devon Dawson, dismoqualifetch, Donn Carlsbad, Dr.Long
    John Jones, Elliot Zimmermann, Elwin Winters, Emmanuel Arias, Fawn
    Lebowitz, flatfish+++, foamy, frank boson, Franz Klammer, Fred Simmons,
    gabriele howorth, Gary Stewart, GayClod, George Cotton, George Littlefield,
    Gilbert, Gilbert Goiter, Gilbert Hochaim, gilligan, Greg Finnigan, Greg
    Laplante, Hans Kimm, Harry Hilton, Harvey Fogel, Heather, Heather69,
    Heather Trax, Heddy Seafield, hepcat, Hugh Himless, Ishmeal Hafizi, itchy
    balls, Ivan Mctavish, IvanaB, Jason, Jeff Szarka, Joe Josephson, John, John
    Shelton, Jorge Jorgensen, Jose Lopez, juke_joint, kaptain kaput, Karel
    Olish, Karla Snodgress, kathy_krantz, Kendra, Kenny Dugan, Kent Dorfman,
    Kyle Cadet, L Didio, Laura Shillingford, Le Farter, Le Yammy, Leaking
    Onion, Leo Diaz, Les Cramer, Les Turner, Leslie Bassman, Lilly, Lindy,
    Linux Exposer, Lisa Shavas, Lisa Cottmann, Lois Hunt, Long, long_tong_ling,
    Lukumi Babalu Aye, Luna Lane, Major Mynor, Manny, McSwain, mista
    twista,Mogumbo, Moses, Mooshoo Bong Singh, ,
    nate_mcspook, okto_pussy, organ.creep, OSS KDE User, Paddy McCrockett,
    Patricia, Patty Poppins, percy samson, Peter Gluckman, Peter Kohlmann,
    Phil, Phillip Cornwall, phoung, phoung quoak, pickle_pete, Piss Clam, Poopy
    Pants McGee, Quimby, Quinton Magee, Quizno Backer, Rich, Richard P.
    Johnson, Richie, Richie O'Toole, Richie Spano, Robert Strunk,
    rothstein_ivan, Sally Vadi, Sammy, Sammy Whalen, Saul Goldblatt, Schlomo
    Smykowski, Sharon Cackle, Sharon Hubbasland, Sean, Sean Fitzhenry, Sean
    Macpherson, Sewer Rat, sewer_clown, Sherlock Holmes , Schlomo Rabinowitz,
    Simon, sista sledgehammer, slacker.mcspritze, Spammy_Davis, spanny_davis,
    Stephan Simonsen, Stephanie Mannerz, Stephen, Stephen Olsen, Stephen
    Townshend, SuckyB, Sue, sue quinterra, SunnyB, Susan Bladder, Susan
    Lapinski, Susan Wong, Suzie Wong, Swampee, Ted Bennington, Terri Sorensen,
    The Beaver, Thorsten, Thorsten Thigpen, Timmy Luncford , Toby Rastus
    Roosovelt III, Tomas Bicsak, Tomas Lucatorto, Tori, Tori Wassermann, Torre
    Stanslaand, Trace Dennison, Tracee, Traci, trailerpark, Trina Swallows,
    Trolly, Trudi Simpkins, Tryxie Lustern, Uday Shankar, victimizedb,
    victimizedbyms, Vince Fontain, Vladimir Yepifano, Walter Bubniak, Wang
    Mycock, Wasser, Wendy Duzz, Whizzer, Wilbur J, willy watkins jr, Willy
    Wong, Winnie Septos, Wobbles, Yanick Schmuley and zyklon_C.
    Plus many, many, many more.
    --
    Windows was created to keep stupid people away from UNIX."
    -- Tom Christiansen

    Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Leo Diaz

    beenthere Guest

    "Peter Köhlmann" <> wrote in message
    > The racist, liar and software thief Leo Diaz (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    > < snip flatfish droppings >

    <snipped your crap>
    Is this how Lusers promote Linux to the world ?.

    beenthere, Apr 14, 2006
  4. It appears that the Linux bots have already started.
    I keep seeing this same message in many different froups.
    It seems to be originating from t-online.de.

    Harvey Fishman, Apr 14, 2006
  5. It appears that the Linux bots have already started.

    Harvey Fishman, Apr 14, 2006
  6. Leo Diaz

    7 Guest

    micoshat asstroturfer Leo Diaz wrote:

    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=310&tag=nl.e622
    >

    > "But in the podcast I did with Barrett yesterday he raises the specter of
    > a new generation of zombies, Linux zombies, being used to launch attacks
    > against targets. He says in a recent battle he had to defend a site that
    > was under attack from a Japanese hacker who had been hired by someone to
    > take out their competitor, Barrett?s client."

    Doh! I assume you are referring to systems that have fixes out
    there already??

    > Let the denial and discrediting begin.

    Its posts like these from mis-informed uneducated micoshat
    funded windopes that make me never want to buy windopes again
    and use the much more secure Linux platform instead.
    Starting with liveCDs and source code, the options are far
    more secure solution that proprietory windope code that has
    hidden flaws and undocumented features expoited by hackers and
    spyware writers.
    I'd rather try out one of the livecds first and since its
    free its a lot better than wasting your time and money on
    an insecure windoze platform. So switch now to GNU/Linux
    http://www.livecdlist.com

    7, Apr 14, 2006
  7. 7 wrote:
    > micoshat asstroturfer Leo Diaz wrote:
    >

    >>http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=310&tag=nl.e622
    >>

    >>"But in the podcast I did with Barrett yesterday he raises the specter of
    >>a new generation of zombies, Linux zombies, being used to launch attacks
    >>against targets. He says in a recent battle he had to defend a site that
    >>was under attack from a Japanese hacker who had been hired by someone to
    >>take out their competitor, Barrett?s client."

    > Doh! I assume you are referring to systems that have fixes out
    > there already??
    >

    >>Let the denial and discrediting begin.

    > Its posts like these from mis-informed uneducated micoshat
    > funded windopes that make me never want to buy windopes again
    > and use the much more secure Linux platform instead.
    > Starting with liveCDs and source code, the options are far
    > more secure solution that proprietory windope code that has
    > hidden flaws and undocumented features expoited by hackers and
    > spyware writers.
    > I'd rather try out one of the livecds first and since its
    > free its a lot better than wasting your time and money on
    > an insecure windoze platform. So switch now to GNU/Linux
    > http://www.livecdlist.com

    You're sickening with this.

    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker, Apr 14, 2006
  8. Leo Diaz wrote:
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=310&tag=nl.e622
    >

    > "But in the podcast I did with Barrett yesterday he raises the specter of a
    > new generation of zombies, Linux zombies, being used to launch attacks
    > against targets. He says in a recent battle he had to defend a site that
    > was under attack from a Japanese hacker who had been hired by someone to
    > take out their competitor, Barrett¢s client."
    >
    > "The hacker used a common mis-configuration in PHP scripts to take over
    > Linux machines and use them for his army of zombies. What is scary about
    > this is that these machines are typically web servers on broadband
    > connections, unlike the usual collection of PCs on college campuses that
    > are part of a bot-herd. So they are much more deadly, especially when
    > combined into a single force. The PHP script is easily searchable on
    > Google so the hacker automated his harvesting activity by having each
    > infected machine search for more machines to infect using Google results to
    > seed the search. "
    >

    > Let the denial and discrediting begin.

    The lintards can't handle the fact that there little OS has flaws.
    Watch them whine and cry.

    Pedro Menendez, Apr 14, 2006
  9. Leo Diaz

    Edwin Guest

    Pedro Menendez wrote:
    > Leo Diaz wrote:
    > > http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=310&tag=nl.e622
    > >

    > > "But in the podcast I did with Barrett yesterday he raises the specter of a
    > > new generation of zombies, Linux zombies, being used to launch attacks
    > > against targets. He says in a recent battle he had to defend a site that
    > > was under attack from a Japanese hacker who had been hired by someone to
    > > take out their competitor, Barrett¢s client."
    > >
    > > "The hacker used a common mis-configuration in PHP scripts to take over
    > > Linux machines and use them for his army of zombies. What is scary about
    > > this is that these machines are typically web servers on broadband
    > > connections, unlike the usual collection of PCs on college campuses that
    > > are part of a bot-herd. So they are much more deadly, especially when
    > > combined into a single force. The PHP script is easily searchable on
    > > Google so the hacker automated his harvesting activity by having each
    > > infected machine search for more machines to infect using Google results to
    > > seed the search. "
    > >

    > > Let the denial and discrediting begin.

    > The lintards can't handle the fact that there little OS has flaws.
    > Watch them whine and cry.

    This wasn't caused by any flaw in Linux. It was caused by
    mis-configuration in PHP scripts.

    Edwin, Apr 14, 2006
  10. Leo Diaz

    sbb78247 Guest

    Leo Diaz wrote:
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=310&tag=nl.e622
    >

    > "But in the podcast I did with Barrett yesterday he raises the
    > specter of a new generation of zombies, Linux zombies, being used to
    > launch attacks against targets. He says in a recent battle he had to
    > defend a site that was under attack from a Japanese hacker who had
    > been hired by someone to take out their competitor, Barrett¢s client."
    >
    > "The hacker used a common mis-configuration in PHP scripts to take
    > over Linux machines and use them for his army of zombies. What is
    > scary about this is that these machines are typically web servers on
    > broadband connections, unlike the usual collection of PCs on college
    > campuses that are part of a bot-herd. So they are much more deadly,
    > especially when combined into a single force. The PHP script is
    > easily searchable on Google so the hacker automated his harvesting
    > activity by having each infected machine search for more machines to
    > infect using Google results to seed the search. "
    >

    > Let the denial and discrediting begin.

    serves those stupid fucks right!

    linux makes you stupid

    sbb78247, Apr 15, 2006
  11. Leo Diaz

    Rebecca Guest

    sbb78247 wrote:
    > Leo Diaz wrote:
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=310&tag=nl.e622
    >>

    >> "But in the podcast I did with Barrett yesterday he raises the
    >> specter of a new generation of zombies, Linux zombies, being used to
    >> launch attacks against targets. He says in a recent battle he had to
    >> defend a site that was under attack from a Japanese hacker who had
    >> been hired by someone to take out their competitor, Barrett¢s
    >> client."
    >>
    >> "The hacker used a common mis-configuration in PHP scripts to take
    >> over Linux machines and use them for his army of zombies. What is
    >> scary about this is that these machines are typically web servers on
    >> broadband connections, unlike the usual collection of PCs on college
    >> campuses that are part of a bot-herd. So they are much more deadly,
    >> especially when combined into a single force. The PHP script is
    >> easily searchable on Google so the hacker automated his harvesting
    >> activity by having each infected machine search for more machines to
    >> infect using Google results to seed the search. "
    >>

    >> Let the denial and discrediting begin.

    > serves those stupid fucks right!
    >
    > linux makes you stupid

    Fact!

    Rebecca, Apr 15, 2006
  12. Leo Diaz

    Parko Guest

    Boring geekspeak

    Harvey Fishman wrote:

    > I keep seeing this same message in many different froups.

    What the guck is a froup?

    --
    Parko
    Who uses a secure Linux machine, except when said machine has taken up,

    Parko, Apr 16, 2006
  13. Re: Boring geekspeak

    Parko [] has entered into testimony
    GFm0g.7826$

    > Harvey Fishman wrote:
    >
    >> I keep seeing this same message in many different froups.

    > What the guck is a froup?

    A froup is a froup is a froup...

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 16, 2006
  14. Blinky the Shark, Apr 16, 2006
  15. Leo Diaz

    Whiskers Guest

    Re: Boring geekspeak

    On 2006-04-16, Parko <> wrote:
    > Harvey Fishman wrote:
    >
    >> I keep seeing this same message in many different froups.

    > What the guck is a froup?

    apelling vheckers qork netter gor aome [eople yhan ithors.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 16, 2006
  16. Leo Diaz

    Meat Plow Guest

    Re: Boring geekspeak

    A newsfroup of course. What the **** else could it be?

    Meat Plow, Apr 16, 2006
  17. Leo Diaz

    JEDIDIAH Guest

    On 2006-04-14, Edwin <> wrote:

    > Pedro Menendez wrote:
    >> Leo Diaz wrote:

    [deletia]
    >> The lintards can't handle the fact that there little OS has flaws.
    >> Watch them whine and cry.

    > This wasn't caused by any flaw in Linux. It was caused by
    > mis-configuration in PHP scripts.

    PHP just may end up on the short list of apps to avoid
    like the PLAGUE due to persistent pernicious sercurity issues
    like sendmail and bind. A free market can route around excess
    stupidity.

    --
    The best OS in the world is ultimately useless |||
    if it is controlled by a Tramiel, Jobs or Gates. / | \

    http://www.usenet.com

    JEDIDIAH, Apr 17, 2006