    Hope I not going to have my wine spilled all over for this
    Post !
    Feedbacks are Welcome! Cheers Micio.

    Micio, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Micio

    Boomer Guest

    "Micio" <> wrote in
    news::

    > If You are aware of the bugs then skip this Post.
    > If not You could try to link to:
    > (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ )
    > Once You are on the web page, on the right site menu
    > click on: Linux Kernel do_mremap function............
    > Hope I not going to have my wine spilled all over for this
    > Post !
    > Feedbacks are Welcome! Cheers Micio.

    Thank you, Micio.

    No wine will be spilled. ;)

    Boomer, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Micio

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard in panic:

    > If You are aware of this lame fud then skip this Post.

    Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws.
    B.Al.Zeebub
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Defenestrate Windows!

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Micio

    Micio Guest

    Attn:B.AI.Zeebub !!!

    "B.Al.Zeebub" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard

    in panic:

    > > If You are aware of this lame fud then skip this Post.

    > Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws.
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 342,000. Search took 0.30 seconds.
    > --
    > B.Al.Zeebub
    > Registered Linux User #339345
    > Defenestrate Windows!

    Hello B.AI.Zeebub !!
    I was not panicking the truth is I have Windows XP home
    and as we all know Windows is not bugproof as Linux is,
    and I was browsing on the web to lern more about Linux
    and by reading I found Symantec link I visited the website
    and I thought to let Linux Users know about It so they can
    protect themselves.
    Could You please post the link You used to search for
    Microsoft + security + flaws. I promise I will visit that website
    also . Thanks for Your input . Micio

    Micio, Jan 22, 2004
  5. Micio

    Boomer Guest

    "Micio" <> wrote in

    > "B.Al.Zeebub" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard

    > in panic:
    >>
    >> > If You are aware of this lame fud then skip this Post.

    >> Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws.

    He did! See above.

    Go to Google and type in (JUST like below)
    microsoft + security + flaws

    And please DON'T change the subject line unless the subject really
    changes to another topic!

    Boomer, Jan 22, 2004
  6. Micio

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    Re: Attn:B.AI.Zeebub !!!

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:04:03 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard in panic:
    > Hello B.AI.Zeebub !!
    > I was not panicking the truth is I have Windows XP home
    > and as we all know Windows is not bugproof as Linux is,
    > and I was browsing on the web to lern more about Linux
    > and by reading I found Symantec link I visited the website
    > and I thought to let Linux Users know about It so they can
    > protect themselves.
    > Could You please post the link You used to search for
    > Microsoft + security + flaws. I promise I will visit that website
    > also . Thanks for Your input . Micio

    Apologies Micio, I thought you were one of those lamentable win-trolls.
    I've included a few links that might get you pointed in the right
    direction. I'd reccommend getting a 'live CD' version first to see if you
    like it. Good luck!

    Listed in no particular order, Linux vendors whose distributions are user
    friendly or have good hardware support out of the box.

    http://www.suse.com/us/
    http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/
    http://www.fedora.us/
    http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/
    http://www.knoppix.net/
    http://www.ibiblio.org/peanut/

    B.Al.Zeebub, Jan 22, 2004
  7. It was on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:23:06 +1100, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that B.Al.Zeebub wrote:

    > On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard in panic:
    >
    >> If You are aware of this lame fud then skip this Post.

    > Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws. Results 1 - 10 of about
    > 342,000. Search took 0.30 seconds.

    It's an old linux security warning anyway - Discovered, January 5th/04.
    And Symantec aren't the brightest bunch on the block, as they even
    included test kernels for 2.6!! LOL

    --
    Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
    Using linux at home, since 1998

    William Poaster, Jan 22, 2004
  8. Micio

    Micio Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Micio" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "B.Al.Zeebub" <> wrote in message
    > >> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:27:10 -0600, Micio pecked at a

    keyboard
    > > in panic:

    > >> Searched the web for microsoft + security + flaws.

    > He did! See above.
    >
    > Go to Google and type in (JUST like below)
    > microsoft + security + flaws

    Thanks! I shall do. Micio

    ====================================

    Micio, Jan 22, 2004
  9. Micio

    Micio Guest

    Re: Attn:B.AI.Zeebub !!!

    "B.Al.Zeebub" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 00:04:03 -0600, Micio pecked at a keyboard

    in panic:
    > > Hello B.AI.Zeebub !!
    > > I was not panicking the truth is I have Windows XP home
    > > and as we all know Windows is not bugproof as Linux is,
    > > and I was browsing on the web to lern more about Linux
    > > and by reading I found Symantec link I visited the website
    > > and I thought to let Linux Users know about It so they can
    > > protect themselves.
    > > Could You please post the link You used to search for
    > > Microsoft + security + flaws. I promise I will visit that

    website
    > > also . Thanks for Your input . Micio

    > Apologies Micio, I thought you were one of those lamentable

    win-trolls.
    > I've included a few links that might get you pointed in the

    right
    > direction. I'd reccommend getting a 'live CD' version first to

    see if you
    > like it. Good luck!
    >
    > Listed in no particular order, Linux vendors whose

    distributions are user
    > friendly or have good hardware support out of the box.
    >
    > http://www.suse.com/us/
    > http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/
    > http://www.fedora.us/
    > http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/
    > http://www.knoppix.net/
    > http://www.ibiblio.org/peanut/
    > --
    > B.Al.Zeebub
    > Registered Linux User #339345
    > Defenestrate Windows!

    Hello Again !!
    Thank You very much for the above links
    They are on my hardcopy file, I do not trust them in
    the computer folder in case of crashes.
    As promised I searched (Microsoft+security+flaws )
    through Google, as of today there are 143,000 Posts.
    I read a few there is a mix complains, security patches,
    and God knows the rest, I will pass the link to
    other people I know who have Windows, but
    no glass in it. Thanks again Micio.

    Micio, Jan 23, 2004