Linux Spammers / Liars

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
    @xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Patrick Dunford

    thing Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
    > @xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?

    Can we see the mail headers? it may well be your email setup does not
    agree with what majordomo thinks you are. If they dont line up you
    cannot un-subscribe.

    Often at the subscritpion web site is an email addy you can link to to
    get it done manually.

    You subscribed to a list, thats asking for the email, that is not spamming.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Nov 2, 2004

  3. In article <aeGhd.29113$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <> says...
    > Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > > Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
    > > @xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?
    > >

    > Can we see the mail headers? it may well be your email setup does not
    > agree with what majordomo thinks you are. If they dont line up you
    > cannot un-subscribe.
    >
    > Often at the subscritpion web site is an email addy you can link to to
    > get it done manually.
    >
    > You subscribed to a list, thats asking for the email, that is not spamming.

    When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
    lists?
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Patrick Dunford

    thing Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > In article <aeGhd.29113$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    > Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <> says...
    >
    >>Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >>
    >>>Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
    >>>@xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?
    >>>

    >>Can we see the mail headers? it may well be your email setup does not
    >>agree with what majordomo thinks you are. If they dont line up you
    >>cannot un-subscribe.
    >>
    >>Often at the subscritpion web site is an email addy you can link to to
    >>get it done manually.
    >>
    >>You subscribed to a list, thats asking for the email, that is not spamming.

    > When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
    > lists?

    Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.

    They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
    not really spam.

    incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Nov 2, 2004
  5. In article <CHGhd.29116$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    Nov 2004 20:29:15 +1300, thing <> says...
    > Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > > In article <aeGhd.29113$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    > > Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <> says...

    > >>Can we see the mail headers? it may well be your email setup does not
    > >>agree with what majordomo thinks you are. If they dont line up you
    > >>cannot un-subscribe.
    > >>
    > >>Often at the subscritpion web site is an email addy you can link to to
    > >>get it done manually.
    > >>
    > >>You subscribed to a list, thats asking for the email, that is not spamming.

    > > When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
    > > lists?

    > Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.
    >
    > They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
    > not really spam.
    >
    > incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

    Bad choice, you just showed you are prejudiced, get off this thread if
    you can't admit your own bias.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004
  6. Patrick Dunford

    Enkidu Guest

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:20:58 +1300, Patrick Dunford
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
    >@xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?

    Ditto for msexchange.org

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Nov 2, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    Patrick Dunford <> ejaculated:

    >... get off this thread if
    >you can't admit your own bias.

    BWAHAH~1
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Nov 2, 2004
  8. Patrick Dunford

    thing Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > In article <CHGhd.29116$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    > Nov 2004 20:29:15 +1300, thing <> says...
    >
    >>Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <aeGhd.29113$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    >>>Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <> says...

    >>>When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
    >>>lists?

    >>Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.
    >>
    >>They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
    >>not really spam.
    >>
    >>incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

    > Bad choice, you just showed you are prejudiced, get off this thread if
    > you can't admit your own bias.

    are you on wacky backy?

    or a simple twerp?

    or woger?

    probably woger....

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Nov 2, 2004
  9. Patrick Dunford

    Steve Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
    > @xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?

    Nope. Leaving the company was the only way to get rid of them. They'll
    still be getting the emails, though.

    Cr*p group anyway.

    Steve
    Steve, Nov 2, 2004
  10. Patrick Dunford

    Matthias Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
    > @xfree86org?

    Yes, I just subscribed to the mailing list, requested my password, and
    unsubscribed successfully.

    Works for me...

    -- Matthias
    Matthias, Nov 2, 2004
  11. Patrick Dunford

    Chris Hope Guest

    Matthias wrote:

    > Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
    >> @xfree86org?

    > Yes, I just subscribed to the mailing list, requested my password, and
    > unsubscribed successfully.

    > Works for me...
    >
    > -- Matthias

    Worked for me too.

    Try going to http://xfree86.org/mailman/options/xfree86/email-address where
    email-address is your email address (you may need to substitute %40 for the
    @ symbol - that's how it came through in the email to me) and you get the
    options for doing stuff there.

    Oh and by the way, XOrg != Linux. X was developed for Unix systems and
    should run on just about any Unix operating system. I believe it can also
    be run on Windows using Cygwin.

    Chris Hope, Nov 2, 2004
  12. Patrick Dunford

    tatties Guest

    "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > In article <CHGhd.29116$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    > Nov 2004 20:29:15 +1300, thing <> says...
    >> Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >> > In article <aeGhd.29113$> in nz.comp on Tue,
    >> > 02
    >> > Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <> says...

    >> > When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
    >> > lists?

    >> Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.
    >>
    >> They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
    >> not really spam.
    >>
    >> incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

    > Bad choice, you just showed you are prejudiced, get off this thread if
    > you can't admit your own bias.

    Who cares about your little vendetta ?
    You probably subscribed with an alias
    tatties, Nov 2, 2004
  13. In article <> in nz.comp on Tue,
    02 Nov 2004 23:28:59 +1300, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro <ldo@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> says...
    > In article <>,
    > Patrick Dunford <> ejaculated:
    >
    > >... get off this thread if
    > >you can't admit your own bias.

    > BWAHAH~1

    As it happened, after a couple of months of trying, today someone decided
    to read my message and I succeeded in getting my email address removed
    from the list.

    Maybe that someone happened also to have read comp.windows.x.i386unix
    where this message is crossposted.

    The facts are as I have stated them. There is no bias on my part, but
    there is an obvious bias in some people that Linux users wouldn't do such
    things, that they are above reproach.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004
  14. In article <RJPhd.29176$> in nz.comp on Wed, 03
    Nov 2004 06:46:03 +1300, thing <> says...
    > Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > > In article <CHGhd.29116$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    > > Nov 2004 20:29:15 +1300, thing <> says...

    > >>Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.
    > >>
    > >>They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
    > >>not really spam.
    > >>
    > >>incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

    > > Bad choice, you just showed you are prejudiced, get off this thread if
    > > you can't admit your own bias.

    > are you on wacky backy?
    >
    > or a simple twerp?
    >
    > or woger?
    >
    > probably woger....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Everyone can see your angle, Linux users are so high and mighty and
    wouldn't do such a thign
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004
  15. In article <> in nz.comp on Wed, 3 Nov 2004
    09:36:29 +1300, tatties <> says...

    > "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <CHGhd.29116$> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
    > > Nov 2004 20:29:15 +1300, thing <> says...

    > >> Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.
    > >>
    > >> They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
    > >> not really spam.
    > >>
    > >> incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

    > > Bad choice, you just showed you are prejudiced, get off this thread if
    > > you can't admit your own bias.

    > Who cares about your little vendetta ?
    > You probably subscribed with an alias

    It's not a vendetta. For the last two months I have tried to get the
    attention of the list administrator. My patience is very thin when I am
    still receiving huge digests with over 200 messages in them.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 2, 2004
  16. Patrick Dunford

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:47:35 +1300, Patrick Dunford wrote:

    > Everyone can see your angle, Linux users are so high and mighty and
    > wouldn't do such a thign

    It's not an angle. Every mailing list suffers from morons who can't follow
    instructions to unsubscribe and accuse the other members of spamming them.

    After a while people get sick of spoon feeding them and just learn to
    ignore them.

    Doesn't you conflating XFree86 users with Linux users when you want to
    complain about them show your 'angle'? Most Linux X11 users would be off
    on the X.org lists by now.
    AD., Nov 2, 2004
  17. Patrick Dunford

    > In article <> in nz.comp on Wed, 3 Nov 2004
    > 09:36:29 +1300, tatties <> says...
    >>
    >> "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <CHGhd.29116$> in nz.comp on Tue,
    >> > 02
    >> > Nov 2004 20:29:15 +1300, thing <> says...

    >> > Bad choice, you just showed you are prejudiced, get off this thread if
    >> > you can't admit your own bias.

    >> Who cares about your little vendetta ?
    >> You probably subscribed with an alias

    > It's not a vendetta. For the last two months I have tried to get the
    > attention of the list administrator. My patience is very thin when I am
    > still receiving huge digests with over 200 messages in them.

    So rather than bagging linux here in a gratuitous attempt to offend linux
    users, you would be better off figuring out what differed about the info you
    fed to the listserve bot on your subscribe request to your unsubscribe
    request.
    tatties, Nov 2, 2004
  18. Patrick Dunford

    tatties Guest

    [Don't feed the troll] Re: Linux Spammers / Liars

    tatties, Nov 2, 2004
  19. Patrick Dunford

    tatties Guest

    [Don't Feed the Troll] Re: Linux Spammers / Liars

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:iHShd.2465$...

    tatties, Nov 2, 2004
  20. Patrick Dunford