    with Errata beyond 7 years, let alone a desktop OS. "Anyone running an
    8 year old operating system should probably consider updading to
    something released this millenium", he said.

    Fred Dagg, Jun 11, 2006

  2. Fred Dagg

    shannon Guest

    Another moron posts an attack thread in nz.comp ! well we laughed

    shannon, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Fred Dagg

    Fred Dagg Guest

    Re: Another moron posts an attack thread in nz.comp ! well we laughed and laughed gawd it was funny, oh how we laughed !!! Re: Linux reneges on Supporting RH 5.0

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:36:11 +1200, shannon <>
    exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> RedHat Linux 5.0, originally released in 1998, is no longer being
    >> officially supported by the software giant.
    >>
    >> A RedHat spokesman was heard to say "What? Support? Are we meant to
    >> offer that?". When told that a certain Cup Of Pea was abusing their
    >> Redmond-based competition for not officially supporting an 8 year old
    >> operating system, he replied "Yeah, but we all know about Cup of Pea,
    >> that one-sided illogical moron. He does Linux no favours".
    >>
    >> He also noted that not even RedHat's Enterprise Linux is supported
    >> with Errata beyond 7 years, let alone a desktop OS. "Anyone running an
    >> 8 year old operating system should probably consider updading to
    >> something released this millenium", he said.

    Wow, an idiot learns how to change thread titles, while adding nothing
    whatsoever to the original post - except trying to take the piss for
    the style to which the point was made!

    Oh, the irony!!

    Fred Dagg, Jun 11, 2006
  4. Fred Dagg

    Jennings Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 12:58:20 +1200, Fred Dagg wrote:

    > RedHat Linux 5.0, originally released in 1998, is no longer being
    > officially supported by the software giant.

    <snip>

    You shouldnt let Cuppa wind you up ther3e Fred. the guy is a dim witted
    COLA troll.

    His whole argument falls flat on it face when you consider the bugs that
    OSS has ...

    Kernel has 2.6 has finally been declared by its very own developers
    that it its tooooooooooooooooooooooo buggy.

    KDE Look at the bugs fixed in KDE in minor point releases over the last
    couple of years. Now they seem to have finally woken up to the fact its a
    sloth, and only recently they have frantically been trying to get KDE
    so it can compete with VISTA when it arrives.

    Excluding security bugs, move out of that circle and the bug count in
    the code is no better than what redmond produce.

    Summary, sloth like KDE with the 2.6 kernel declared as riddled with
    bugs, hence cuppa`s frantic / lunatic claims of late.

    J.

    Jennings, Jun 12, 2006