    do numbered in steps (1), 2)).

    -Travis

    PS: PartitionMagic 8 Full, not trial

    Travis, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:46:18 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    > I just got PartitionMagic 8, and resized my Windows XP partition

    to make
    >a new partition that is only 7GigaBytes. And I'm going to get the
    >installation disk from my library, and I remembered before I keept

    getting
    >an error saying that "/root" is not right for the root thingy. I need

    >know a name to put in when I select the partition and it needs a

    label, or
    >name.
    >
    > Sorry, I don't really remember that it said. Just exactly what I

    should
    >do numbered in steps (1), 2)).
    >
    >-Travis
    >
    >PS: PartitionMagic 8 Full, not trial

    Further proof that linux makes you stupid.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Linux makes you stupid? Your the one that's stupid, I didn't ask for you to
    tell me linux is stupid I asked for instructions on how to get give it a
    name or something.

    Travis, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:47:24 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    <Snip unimportant shit>

    >Linux makes you stupid? give it a
    >name
    >> name.

    Full, not trial

    yEAh rIght. The answer is in front of you.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 23, 2005
  5. Travis

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Travis" <> wrote in

    > Linux makes you stupid? Your the one that's stupid, I didn't ask for
    > you to tell me linux is stupid I asked for instructions on how to get
    > give it a name or something.

    Without even looking, I know you're talking with K-Mammy-Nasty aka K-Man
    that has many names she'll post by. But it's the same old babbel out of
    her. You should <plonk> that HO.

    You may need to try a Linux NG if you don't get your answer.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 23, 2005
  6. Travis

    Fakename Guest

    I think you need to explain the error in more detail. If that means you
    have to generate the error again then that's what you have to do.

    If you don't understand the *nix file structure and the basics of how
    it's implimented check out something like:
    http://www.freeos.com/articles/3102/. I bet that will clear up a lot of
    your confusion.

    Fakename, Nov 23, 2005
  7. Travis

    Fakename Guest

    You know what, I looked over some of my previous posts because this
    seemed familiar and I found that I already explained the root filesystem
    to you on 11/3/2005.

    You know what, if you can't be bothered to read the info you're never
    ever going to know what the hell is going on in Linux. Using Linux
    requires a lot of reading and self-study, way more than Windows. If
    you're not willing to do that then just stop, throw away your Linux CD,
    and go do something else.

    Fakename, Nov 23, 2005
  8. Travis

    Reginald P Guest

    nos1eep wrote:

    > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 02:47:24 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    > the following drivel:
    >
    > <Snip unimportant shit>
    >
    >>Linux makes you stupid? give it a
    >>name
    >>
    >>>name.

    > Full, not trial
    >

    > yEAh rIght. The answer is in front of you.
    > __
    >
    > -nos1eep

    Come on then dipshite if its that easy post a how to .
    Hello ?
    heloo ?
    I thought not.

    Reginald P, Nov 23, 2005
  9. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Your susposed to help people in this group, not call Linux stupid becuase
    your a Windows/Mac lover.

    Stay out of these messages then

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  10. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Newsgroups used to be so kind, but know there fill with nothing but sewer
    rats.

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  11. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:29:47 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >Your susposed to help people in this group, not call Linux stupid

    becuase
    >your a Windows/Mac lover.
    >
    >Stay out of these messages then

    wahhhhh fucking wahhhhhhhhh

    Now very carefully read what you poasted: "and I'm going to get the
    installation disk from my library, and I remembered before I keept
    getting an error saying that "/root" is not right for the root thingy.
    I need to know a name to put in when I select the partition and it
    needs a label, or name."

    How would anyone know what you are thinking or what you want if you
    cannot put it down in comprehensible wordage. I do not know what you
    want, you have not told me. You have been told to study, read and
    learn but you have not done that, have you?

    In conclusion YHBT YHL HAND
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 24, 2005
  12. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:34:30 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >Newsgroups used to be so kind, but know there fill with nothing but

    sewer
    >rats.

    How would you know? You are probably not much more that 14 -15 years
    old.

    RTFM

    nos1eep, Nov 24, 2005
  13. Travis

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Travis" <> wrote in

    > Your susposed to help people in this group, not call Linux stupid
    > becuase your a Windows/Mac lover.
    >
    > Stay out of these messages then

    The HO uses Linux too she is just messing with you.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 24, 2005
  14. Travis

    Travis Guest

    nos1eep shut the hell up. this is very of topic and I can report you to
    telus as an abuser so shutup.

    stop responding to these message because YOU have no idea what your doing.

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  15. Travis

    Travis Guest

    I know what newsgroups used to be in 1990, (15 years ago)They would actaully
    answer your question directly and stop bugging people who are new to the
    Linux OS

    (PS: I think you have no idea what your doing, with anything)

    (PPS: I'm sorry, I broke the jar that had your brain in it ;)

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  16. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:00:57 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >nos1eep shut the hell up. this is very of topic and I can report you

    >telus as an abuser so shutup.

    Wahhhhhh fucking wahhhhhhhh. Report away little twit. I am trying, in
    my own way to educate you.

    >stop responding to these message because YOU have no idea what your

    doing.

    >"nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:29:47 GMT, "Travis" <>

    spewed
    >> the following drivel:
    >>
    >>>Your susposed to help people in this group, not call Linux stupid

    >> becuase
    >>>your a Windows/Mac lover.
    >>>
    >>>Stay out of these messages then

    >> wahhhhh fucking wahhhhhhhhh
    >>
    >> Now very carefully read what you poasted: "and I'm going to get the
    >> installation disk from my library, and I remembered before I keept
    >> getting an error saying that "/root" is not right for the root

    thingy.
    >> I need to know a name to put in when I select the partition and it
    >> needs a label, or name."
    >>
    >> How would anyone know what you are thinking or what you want if you
    >> cannot put it down in comprehensible wordage. I do not know what

    you
    >> want, you have not told me. You have been told to study, read and
    >> learn but you have not done that, have you?
    >>
    >> In conclusion YHBT YHL HAND
    >> __
    >>
    >> -nos1eep

    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 24, 2005
  17. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 03:21:31 GMT, Duane Arnold <>
    spewed the following drivel:

    >"Travis" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Your susposed to help people in this group, not call Linux stupid
    >> becuase your a Windows/Mac lover.
    >>
    >> Stay out of these messages then
    >>

    >The HO uses Linux too she is just messing with you.

    Twue, twue.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 24, 2005
  18. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:03:16 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >I know what newsgroups used to be in 1990, (15 years ago)They would

    actaully
    >answer your question directly and stop bugging people who are new to

    the
    >Linux OS
    >
    >(PS: I think you have no idea what your doing, with anything)
    >
    >(PPS: I'm sorry, I broke the jar that had your brain in it ;)

    nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

    >"nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:34:30 GMT, "Travis" <>

    spewed
    >> the following drivel:
    >>
    >>>Newsgroups used to be so kind, but know there fill with nothing but

    >> sewer
    >>>rats.

    >> How would you know? You are probably not much more that 14 -15

    years
    >> old.
    >>
    >> RTFM
    >>>

    >>>"Travis" <> wrote in message

    partition

    get
    >> the

    keept
    >> getting

    >> need to

    >> label, or

    >> should

    >> __
    >>
    >> -nos1eep

    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 24, 2005
  19. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Then educate me, I don't really think anything you said at ALL in this
    entire tree of posts helped me, maybe I'll just add you in the ignore list
    in my spam blocker.

    Travis, Nov 24, 2005
  20. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:37:04 GMT, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >Then educate me, I don't really think anything you said at ALL in

    this
    >entire tree of posts helped me, maybe I'll just add you in the ignore

    list
    >in my spam blocker.

    <sigh>

    Please restate your problem; I really did not understand the original
    post. I do understand that you resized partitions, but that is about
    all. What/exactly/does/not/work?

    I will help you if you can be a bit more lucid.

    As far as the plonking goes, I will not even know, nor will I care.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 25, 2005