    Mandrake 8.2 ISOs?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Nicholas Sherlock

    Lapze Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a local mirror that has either Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.3 or
    > Mandrake 8.2 ISOs?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    http://www.debian.co.nz
    Have a selection of distributions
    Lapze, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Nicholas Sherlock

    Lapze Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a local mirror that has either Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.3 or
    > Mandrake 8.2 ISOs?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Oops I should read the question, you want the older distributions
    Lapze, Jul 29, 2003
  4. "Lapze" <> wrote in message
    > Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    > > Hey guys,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know of a local mirror that has either Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.3

    or
    > > Mandrake 8.2 ISOs?
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Nicholas Sherlock
    > >

    > http://www.debian.co.nz
    > Have a selection of distributions

    Thanks, it turns out that newer distributions will do just fine.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Nicholas Sherlock

    m00se Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a local mirror that has either Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.3 or
    > Mandrake 8.2 ISOs?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Doesnt have 7.2, but ftp.redhat.co.nz (ftp.wicks.co.nz) has 7.3 and up isos
    m00se, Jul 29, 2003
  6. Nicholas Sherlock

    Steve Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock allegedly said:

    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a local mirror that has either Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.3
    > or Mandrake 8.2 ISOs?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    ftp://ftp.isl.net.nz/pub/linux/dist

    debian 10/12/2002 12:00:00 AM
    mandrake 10/11/2001 12:00:00 AM
    redhat 04/05/2003 12:00:00 AM
    slackware 03/24/2003 12:00:00 AM
    suse 10/12/2002 12:00:00 AM

    --
    Steve
    Steve, Jul 30, 2003
  7. "m00se" <> wrote in message
    > Steve wrote:
    >
    > > ftp://ftp.isl.net.nz/pub/linux/dist
    > >
    > > debian 10/12/2002 12:00:00 AM
    > > mandrake 10/11/2001 12:00:00 AM
    > > redhat 04/05/2003 12:00:00 AM
    > > slackware 03/24/2003 12:00:00 AM
    > > suse 10/12/2002 12:00:00 AM
    > >

    > Which doesnt have what he asked for.

    It's okay! I've been told that Mandrake 9.1 (Which in this case, is
    acceptable) is available in shops in Dunedin. Now I just have to find one of
    those shops, or start downloading :).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 30, 2003
  8. Nicholas Sherlock

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:14:40 +1200, Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > It's okay! I've been told that Mandrake 9.1 (Which in this case, is
    > acceptable) is available in shops in Dunedin. Now I just have to find one of
    > those shops, or start downloading :).

    Try http://www.copyleft.co.nz

    Closer than you thought. maybe cheaper as well.
    Gordon, Jul 30, 2003
  9. Nicholas Sherlock

    Steve Guest

    m00se allegedly said:

    > Steve wrote:
    >
    >> ftp://ftp.isl.net.nz/pub/linux/dist
    >>
    >> debian 10/12/2002 12:00:00 AM
    >> mandrake 10/11/2001 12:00:00 AM
    >> redhat 04/05/2003 12:00:00 AM
    >> slackware 03/24/2003 12:00:00 AM
    >> suse 10/12/2002 12:00:00 AM

    > Which doesnt have what he asked for.

    He also said in another post that a current version would be fine.

    So.....you missed it...and I didn't. :)

    --
    Steve
    Steve, Jul 30, 2003
  10. Nicholas Sherlock

    Allistar Guest

    Nicholas Sherlock wrote:

    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Does anyone know of a local mirror that has either Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.3
    > or Mandrake 8.2 ISOs?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Nicholas Sherlock

    Hi Nicholas - I've always picked you as a Microsoft supporter. Is this
    interest in Linux for yourself or someone else? Could it be that you are
    moving to the good side? :)

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 30, 2003
  11. "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    > Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
    >
    > > Hey guys,
    > >
    > > Does anyone know of a local mirror that has either Red Hat 7.2, SuSE 7.3
    > > or Mandrake 8.2 ISOs?
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Nicholas Sherlock

    > Hi Nicholas - I've always picked you as a Microsoft supporter. Is this
    > interest in Linux for yourself or someone else? Could it be that you are
    > moving to the good side? :)

    I'm Microsoft all the way! I'm installing Linux into a VMWare virtual
    machine so that I can recompile the server for the game I'm writing for
    Linux so that I can get 200mbit/sec free hosting for it from Orcon :).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 30, 2003
  12. Nicholas Sherlock

    m00se Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > He also said in another post that a current version would be fine.
    >
    > So.....you missed it...and I didn't. :)

    Nah, I saw it, I was just trying wogers shoes of pedantism on :)
    m00se, Jul 30, 2003
  13. Nicholas Sherlock

    Tony Guest

    > ftp://ftp.isl.net.nz/pub/linux/dist

    I'll be dumping that domain soon, please make sure you use the
    ftp.wicks.co.nz domain. ( the mirror has run as ftp.redhat.co.nz,
    ftp.isl.net.nz, and for the last year or so ftp.wicks.co.nz , it will stay
    as that for the forseeable future ).
    Tony, Jul 31, 2003
  14. Nicholas Sherlock

    samg Guest

    sent via courier or post?

    samg, Jul 31, 2003
  15. Nicholas Sherlock

    Tony Guest

    > > I'm Microsoft all the way! I'm installing Linux into a VMWare virtual
    > > machine so that I can recompile the server for the game I'm writing for
    > > Linux so that I can get 200mbit/sec free hosting for it from Orcon :).

    hahaha 200mb/s hosting on Orcon ! hahahaha.... yea righto... meybe within
    their LAN's, certainly not from them to the rest of anywhere !
    Tony, Aug 1, 2003
  16. "Tony" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > > > I'm Microsoft all the way! I'm installing Linux into a VMWare virtual
    > > > machine so that I can recompile the server for the game I'm writing

    for
    > > > Linux so that I can get 200mbit/sec free hosting for it from Orcon :).

    > hahaha 200mb/s hosting on Orcon ! hahahaha.... yea righto... meybe within
    > their LAN's, certainly not from them to the rest of anywhere !

    Yup, fibre optics within their game hosting room. That's why it must be
    running on Linux. :)

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Aug 1, 2003