Linux MP3 player - Bootable CD?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Walker, Mar 13, 2005.

  1. Mike Walker

    Mike Walker Guest

    I've downloaded Geexbox to try a experiment with a old PC,
    I wondered if there was any other programs based on Linux (or Free BSD)
    that I can download the ISO, create a bootable CD, and try out like Geexbox?

    Im not having a great success with Geexbox, it can not find any drivers
    for my onboard graphics card. Im using a motherboard with everything
    on board (graphics, sound, but no NIC)

    many thanks for your help,
    Mike.

    Why not visit one of my web sites:-
    http://www.feedback.gb.com - Grimsby's Best Rock Band
    http://www.charltontravel.co.uk - A travel site I help to maintain.
    All e-mails are scanned with Sophos Anti-Virus - Visit http://www.sohos.com

    6*9=42
    R.I.P. Douglas Adams - http://www.douglasadams.com/

    Mike Walker, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Mike Walker

    none Guest

    Mike Walker wrote:
    > I've downloaded Geexbox to try a experiment with a old PC,
    > I wondered if there was any other programs based on Linux (or Free BSD)
    > that I can download the ISO, create a bootable CD, and try out like Geexbox?
    >
    > Im not having a great success with Geexbox, it can not find any drivers
    > for my onboard graphics card. Im using a motherboard with everything
    > on board (graphics, sound, but no NIC)
    > http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=831
    >
    > many thanks for your help,
    > Mike.

    There's bound to be something here to suit your purposes I think.
    I should know, but it's too late AEST, and I can't be arsed.

    --
    Parko
    FC3

    none, Mar 13, 2005