    have not managed to establish a connection but have decided to re-install
    Linux Mandrake 10.1.

    Cheers.

    IT Help Desk, Dec 15, 2004

  2. IT Help Desk wrote:
    > Thanks everyone that tried to assist in connecting to the internet. I still
    > have not managed to establish a connection but have decided to re-install
    > Linux Mandrake 10.1.

    Probably not needed; that is not Windows. Should've listened to the
    advice to ask in alt.os.linux.mandrake.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 16, 2004

  3. IT Help Desk

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:40:40 GMT, IT Help Desk wrote:

    No need to start a new thread.

    >Thanks everyone that tried to assist in connecting to the internet. I still
    >have not managed to establish a connection but have decided to re-install

    If your NIC isn't detected correctly you may well still get the
    samething.

    >Linux Mandrake 10.1.

    Well it was a bit difficult to help since you never replied with the
    output of any of the commands mentioned.

    Me

    why?, Dec 16, 2004