Linux Limousine Services

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by E. Scrooge, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Vic:
    I need to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks.

    LL Manager:
    Sorry, no can do at the moment.

    Vic:
    Why can't I hire this limo right here?

    LL Manager:
    Only problem with that is there's no driver for it. Unless you'd be willing
    to drive it yourself.

    Vic:
    You must be joking. Is there any reason why you couldn't drive me to the
    airport in it?

    LL Manager:
    That would be fine if I had a licence to do so.

    Vic:
    Shit! What an outfit. Wouldn't surprise me if it's not registered and
    certified.

    LL Manager:
    Funny you should say that, just try not to spread it around. It wouldn't be
    good for business.

    Vic:
    Is there any special reason why those horses are harnessed to the front of
    it?

    LL Manager:
    Glad you asked. Fact is we pride ourselves by doing our own servicing.
    When the engine died we replaced it with some real horsepower. Good
    reliable runners. Take my word for it.

    Vic:
    I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS cab
    that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
    certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 8, 2006

  2. E. Scrooge

    Shane Guest

    If I might quote General Motors
    "If General Motors had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all
    be driving cars with the following characteristics:

    1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

    2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a
    new car.

    3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would
    have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut
    off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.
    For some reason, you would simply accept this.

    4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your
    car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to
    reinstall the engine.

    5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable,
    five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only five
    percent of the roads.

    6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be
    replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light.

    7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

    8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and
    refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle,
    turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

    9. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to
    drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same
    manner as the old car.

    10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

    --
    Bender: The modern world can bite my splintery wooden ass!

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org
    Shane, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Hi there,

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    <snip about Linux Limo outfit>

    Vic:
    Hi, I'd like to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks

    MSL Manager:
    Certainly, please take this official MSL starter pack, that
    includes your 50-digit activation code, and COA, to ensure
    that you, the end user, are using a genuine MSL product. Lets
    get started, can you please read and accept the terms of this
    lengthy EULA, thanks...

    Vic:
    Er, all I want to do is get to the airport...my flight leaves
    quite soon...

    MSL Manager:
    Sorry sir, but the EULA outlines your legal entitlements
    when using the MSL service...you are required to read the
    entire EULA, and click Accept to acknowledge your legal
    rights under its terms...

    Vic:
    Can I read it on the way?

    MSL Manager:
    No, I'm sorry. You need to read and accept the terms of the
    EULA before the Limousine will start. Then you are required
    to telephone MSL Support to activate the driver...

    Vic: Eh, what? Sod it! <clicks Accept without reading EULA>

    MSL Manager:
    Now telephone MSL Support to activate the driver....

    Vic:
    Christ! Alright OK, I'm calling them now...<very lengthy wait
    and talk on phone ensues>. Allright, I'm done...

    MSL Manager:
    Excellent. Lets get you in the limo, and get you to the airport...

    Vic:
    Shit! Look at the time, I'll never make the flight now!! I'm gonna
    claim back every cent I lose from this, you bastards!

    MSL Manager:
    Sorry, but you should have read the EULA more closely, where you
    would have seen that the EULA removes any responsibility on the part
    of MSL, for losses and/or damages you may have incurred as a result
    of using the MSL Service...

    Vic:
    **** this shite! I'm getting the free Linux Limo next time!

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 8, 2006
  4. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > If I might quote General Motors
    > "If General Motors had developed technology like Microsoft, we would
    > all
    > be driving cars with the following characteristics:
    >
    > 1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
    >
    > 2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy
    > new car.
    >
    > 3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would
    > have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut
    > off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.
    > For some reason, you would simply accept this.
    >
    > 4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your
    > car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to
    > reinstall the engine.
    >
    > 5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable,
    > five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only
    > five
    > percent of the roads.
    >
    > 6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be
    > replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light.
    >
    > 7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
    >
    > 8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and
    > refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle,
    > turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
    >
    > 9. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to
    > drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the
    > same
    > manner as the old car.
    >
    > 10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

    Trouble is the Linux limo will only run on compressed natual gas.
    It will need a special battery, tyres and brakes. You can't just use any
    old parts and fuel like you can with MS vehicle. The MS vehile comes with a
    firewall and security measures. The MS vehicle also comes with special
    tools.
    Also the radio is locked onto 1 station only - "God Help FM".

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 8, 2006
  5. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Chris Wilkinson" <> wrote in
    message news:4578e0fe$...
    > Hi there,
    >
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    > <snip about Linux Limo outfit>
    >
    > Vic:
    > Hi, I'd like to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks
    >
    > MSL Manager:
    > Certainly, please take this official MSL starter pack, that
    > includes your 50-digit activation code, and COA, to ensure
    > that you, the end user, are using a genuine MSL product. Lets
    > get started, can you please read and accept the terms of this
    > lengthy EULA, thanks...
    >
    > Vic:
    > Er, all I want to do is get to the airport...my flight leaves
    > quite soon...
    >
    > MSL Manager:
    > Sorry sir, but the EULA outlines your legal entitlements
    > when using the MSL service...you are required to read the
    > entire EULA, and click Accept to acknowledge your legal
    > rights under its terms...
    >
    > Vic:
    > Can I read it on the way?
    >
    > MSL Manager:
    > No, I'm sorry. You need to read and accept the terms of the
    > EULA before the Limousine will start. Then you are required
    > to telephone MSL Support to activate the driver...
    >
    > Vic: Eh, what? Sod it! <clicks Accept without reading EULA>
    >
    > MSL Manager:
    > Now telephone MSL Support to activate the driver....
    >
    > Vic:
    > Christ! Alright OK, I'm calling them now...<very lengthy wait
    > and talk on phone ensues>. Allright, I'm done...
    >
    > MSL Manager:
    > Excellent. Lets get you in the limo, and get you to the airport...
    >
    > Vic:
    > Shit! Look at the time, I'll never make the flight now!! I'm gonna
    > claim back every cent I lose from this, you bastards!
    >
    > MSL Manager:
    > Sorry, but you should have read the EULA more closely, where you
    > would have seen that the EULA removes any responsibility on the part
    > of MSL, for losses and/or damages you may have incurred as a result
    > of using the MSL Service...
    >
    > Vic:
    > **** this shite! I'm getting the free Linux Limo next time!
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    LOL That's not bad.
    Except the free Linux Limo comes with **** all gas, no door locks, a dead
    battery, and 4 flat tyres.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 8, 2006
  6. E. Scrooge

    Shane Guest

    *sling wrote:

    > "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    >> If I might quote General Motors
    >> "If General Motors had developed technology like Microsoft, we would
    >> all
    >> be driving cars with the following characteristics:
    >>
    >> 1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
    >>
    >> 2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy
    >> new car.
    >>
    >> 3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You
    >> would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the
    >> windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you
    >> could continue. For some reason, you would simply accept this.
    >>
    >> 4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause
    >> your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have
    >> to reinstall the engine.
    >>
    >> 5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable,
    >> five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only
    >> five
    >> percent of the roads.
    >>
    >> 6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be
    >> replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light.
    >>
    >> 7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.
    >>
    >> 8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out
    >> and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle,
    >> turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
    >>
    >> 9. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to
    >> drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the
    >> same
    >> manner as the old car.
    >>
    >> 10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

    > Trouble is the Linux limo will only run on compressed natual gas.
    > It will need a special battery, tyres and brakes. You can't just use any
    > old parts and fuel like you can with MS vehicle. The MS vehile comes with
    > firewall and security measures. The MS vehicle also comes with special
    > tools.
    > Also the radio is locked onto 1 station only - "God Help FM".
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    *Sigh* does nobody here post facts

    --
    Fry: He's an animal. He belongs in the wild. Or in the circus on one of
    those tiny tricycles. Now that's entertainment.

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org
    Shane, Dec 8, 2006
  7. E. Scrooge

    Blue Guest

    On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:08:09 +1300, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > Trouble is the Linux limo will only run on compressed natual gas.

    Nope it runs on anything, fuel and surface wise.

    > It will need a special battery, tyres and brakes.

    Nope, its happy with anything normal.

    > You can't just use any
    > old parts and fuel like you can with MS vehicle.

    You can. Works well.

    > The MS vehile comes with a
    > firewall and security measures.

    So does the Linux limo, but they work better.

    > The MS vehicle also comes with special
    > tools.

    The Linux limo has plenty too. Most of them are back at base because they
    have been found only to be needed during mtce, as there are no breakdowns.

    > Also the radio is locked onto 1 station only - "God Help FM".

    Still confused I see.
    Blue, Dec 8, 2006
  8. E. Scrooge

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-12-08, E. Scrooge <scrooge@*shot.co.nz> wrote:

    > Vic:
    > I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS cab
    > that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
    > certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?

    good luck with the roadblocks.

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Dec 8, 2006
  9. Hi there,

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Chris Wilkinson" <> wrote in
    > message news:4578e0fe$...
    >
    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>E. Scrooge wrote:
    >><snip about Linux Limo outfit>
    >>
    >>Vic:
    >>Hi, I'd like to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks
    >>
    >>MSL Manager:
    >>Certainly, please take this official MSL starter pack, that
    >>includes your 50-digit activation code, and COA, to ensure
    >>that you, the end user, are using a genuine MSL product. Lets
    >>get started, can you please read and accept the terms of this
    >>lengthy EULA, thanks...
    >>
    >>Vic:
    >>Er, all I want to do is get to the airport...my flight leaves
    >>quite soon...
    >>
    >>MSL Manager:
    >>Sorry sir, but the EULA outlines your legal entitlements
    >>when using the MSL service...you are required to read the
    >>entire EULA, and click Accept to acknowledge your legal
    >>rights under its terms...
    >>
    >>Vic:
    >>Can I read it on the way?
    >>
    >>MSL Manager:
    >>No, I'm sorry. You need to read and accept the terms of the
    >>EULA before the Limousine will start. Then you are required
    >>to telephone MSL Support to activate the driver...
    >>
    >>Vic: Eh, what? Sod it! <clicks Accept without reading EULA>
    >>
    >>MSL Manager:
    >>Now telephone MSL Support to activate the driver....
    >>
    >>Vic:
    >>Christ! Alright OK, I'm calling them now...<very lengthy wait
    >>and talk on phone ensues>. Allright, I'm done...
    >>
    >>MSL Manager:
    >>Excellent. Lets get you in the limo, and get you to the airport...
    >>
    >>Vic:
    >>Shit! Look at the time, I'll never make the flight now!! I'm gonna
    >>claim back every cent I lose from this, you bastards!
    >>
    >>MSL Manager:
    >>Sorry, but you should have read the EULA more closely, where you
    >>would have seen that the EULA removes any responsibility on the part
    >>of MSL, for losses and/or damages you may have incurred as a result
    >>of using the MSL Service...
    >>
    >>Vic:
    >>**** this shite! I'm getting the free Linux Limo next time!
    >>
    >>--
    >>Kind regards,
    >>
    >>Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    > LOL That's not bad.
    > Except the free Linux Limo comes with **** all gas, no door locks, a dead
    > battery, and 4 flat tyres.

    I never mentioned the cost of hiring the MS Limo; shall
    we call it even stevens before this thread becomes even
    more silly? :)

    Chris Wilkinson, Dec 8, 2006
  10. "Shane" <-a-geek.net> wrote in message
    > 5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable,
    > five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only
    > five
    > percent of the roads.

    Unfounded rubbish. I use Macs and PC's 50/50 for around 60 hours per week. I
    buy them, repair them, configure them.
    Hardware failures or problems are about even, and OS and app crashes are
    about even.

    Given that...

    Macs are overpriced
    Macs are under warrantied
    Macs are SLOW not fast (the only Mac that ever "felt" fast to me is Core Duo
    PowerMacs with 2Gb RAM)
    Macs use propreitary harware and design and are therefore more expensive and
    time consuming to repair
    Mac OS is renewed yearly (ish), updates for older versions stop (new
    versions cost $239 yearly)
    Mac third party applications versions are always behind those of the pc, as
    are the updates
    Mac OS support for peripheral hardware is pathetic, giving decreased options
    and higher prices

    End rant.

    J&H.

    Jekyll and Hyde, Dec 8, 2006
  11. E. Scrooge

    thingy Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > Vic:
    > I need to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks.
    >
    > LL Manager:
    > Sorry, no can do at the moment.
    >
    > Vic:
    > Why can't I hire this limo right here?
    >
    > LL Manager:
    > Only problem with that is there's no driver for it. Unless you'd be willing
    > to drive it yourself.
    >
    > Vic:
    > You must be joking. Is there any reason why you couldn't drive me to the
    > airport in it?
    >
    > LL Manager:
    > That would be fine if I had a licence to do so.
    >
    > Vic:
    > Shit! What an outfit. Wouldn't surprise me if it's not registered and
    > certified.
    >
    > LL Manager:
    > Funny you should say that, just try not to spread it around. It wouldn't be
    > good for business.
    >
    > Vic:
    > Is there any special reason why those horses are harnessed to the front of
    > it?
    >
    > LL Manager:
    > Glad you asked. Fact is we pride ourselves by doing our own servicing.
    > When the engine died we replaced it with some real horsepower. Good
    > reliable runners. Take my word for it.
    >
    > Vic:
    > I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS cab
    > that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
    > certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?
    >

    > E. Scrooge

    Total bollocks.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Dec 8, 2006
  12. E. Scrooge

    thingy Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Chris Wilkinson" <> wrote in
    > message news:4578e0fe$...
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> <snip about Linux Limo outfit>
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> Hi, I'd like to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks
    >>
    >> MSL Manager:
    >> Certainly, please take this official MSL starter pack, that
    >> includes your 50-digit activation code, and COA, to ensure
    >> that you, the end user, are using a genuine MSL product. Lets
    >> get started, can you please read and accept the terms of this
    >> lengthy EULA, thanks...
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> Er, all I want to do is get to the airport...my flight leaves
    >> quite soon...
    >>
    >> MSL Manager:
    >> Sorry sir, but the EULA outlines your legal entitlements
    >> when using the MSL service...you are required to read the
    >> entire EULA, and click Accept to acknowledge your legal
    >> rights under its terms...
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> Can I read it on the way?
    >>
    >> MSL Manager:
    >> No, I'm sorry. You need to read and accept the terms of the
    >> EULA before the Limousine will start. Then you are required
    >> to telephone MSL Support to activate the driver...
    >>
    >> Vic: Eh, what? Sod it! <clicks Accept without reading EULA>
    >>
    >> MSL Manager:
    >> Now telephone MSL Support to activate the driver....
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> Christ! Alright OK, I'm calling them now...<very lengthy wait
    >> and talk on phone ensues>. Allright, I'm done...
    >>
    >> MSL Manager:
    >> Excellent. Lets get you in the limo, and get you to the airport...
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> Shit! Look at the time, I'll never make the flight now!! I'm gonna
    >> claim back every cent I lose from this, you bastards!
    >>
    >> MSL Manager:
    >> Sorry, but you should have read the EULA more closely, where you
    >> would have seen that the EULA removes any responsibility on the part
    >> of MSL, for losses and/or damages you may have incurred as a result
    >> of using the MSL Service...
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> **** this shite! I'm getting the free Linux Limo next time!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind regards,
    >>
    >> Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    > LOL That's not bad.
    > Except the free Linux Limo comes with **** all gas, no door locks, a dead
    > battery, and 4 flat tyres.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Carry on believing it.....you deserve what you get.

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Dec 8, 2006
  13. E. Scrooge

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:38:47 +1300, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:

    >*Sigh* does nobody here post facts

    Yeah, Roger does.

    :)
    Craig Shore, Dec 8, 2006
  14. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> Vic:
    >> I need to hire a limo to get to the airport, thanks.
    >>
    >> LL Manager:
    >> Sorry, no can do at the moment.
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> Why can't I hire this limo right here?
    >>
    >> LL Manager:
    >> Only problem with that is there's no driver for it. Unless you'd be
    >> willing to drive it yourself.
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> You must be joking. Is there any reason why you couldn't drive me to the
    >> airport in it?
    >>
    >> LL Manager:
    >> That would be fine if I had a licence to do so.
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> Shit! What an outfit. Wouldn't surprise me if it's not registered and
    >> certified.
    >>
    >> LL Manager:
    >> Funny you should say that, just try not to spread it around. It wouldn't
    >> be good for business.
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> Is there any special reason why those horses are harnessed to the front
    >> of it?
    >>
    >> LL Manager:
    >> Glad you asked. Fact is we pride ourselves by doing our own servicing.
    >> When the engine died we replaced it with some real horsepower. Good
    >> reliable runners. Take my word for it.
    >>
    >> Vic:
    >> I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS
    >> cab that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
    >> certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?
    >>

    >> E. Scrooge

    > Total bollocks.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    It's all completely true.
    Just ask Vic.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 8, 2006
  15. E. Scrooge

    Shane Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:

    > Yeah, Roger does.
    >
    > :)

    Speaking of Gaming consoles...
    I hear the new wii rocks

    --
    Amalgamated Priest: I barely knew Philip, but as a clergyman I have no
    problem telling his most intimate friends all about him.

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org
    Shane, Dec 8, 2006
  16. E. Scrooge

    k Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > Speaking of Gaming consoles...
    > I hear the new wii rocks

    it does!! :D
    k, Dec 8, 2006
  17. E. Scrooge

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-12-08, E. Scrooge <scrooge@*shot.co.nz> wrote:

    >> **** this shite! I'm getting the free Linux Limo next time!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind regards,
    >>
    >> Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    > LOL That's not bad.
    > Except the free Linux Limo comes with **** all gas, no door locks, a dead
    > battery, and 4 flat tyres.

    not a problem as it also comes with 12 good tyres, and is diesel fueled
    (and also runs on used cooking oil) the starter works off compressed
    air.

    the flat tyres are clearly labeled "experimental" or "incomplete."

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Dec 8, 2006
  18. E. Scrooge

    steve Guest

    *sling wrote:

    > Vic:
    > I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS cab
    > that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
    > certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?

    At least with Linux, there are hundreds of 'taxis' and each offers its own
    level of service. Full service Linux distros include: Red Hat, Novell,
    Xandros and Linspire....all nicely certified, licensed, supported....and
    loads cheaper than the MS cab.

    There is only one MS cab....and it only goes to one destination. Like it or
    not and the fare is $600 per passenger.....and watch out for the people who
    jump in at intersections and tell the driver to go somewhere else....while
    YOU pay for it.

    --
    Only boring people are bored.
    steve, Dec 9, 2006
  19. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > *sling wrote:
    >

    >> Vic:
    >> I've taken more than enough crap for one day. I'm off to grab that MS
    >> cab
    >> that's just pulled up, and what's the bet that it's fully registered,
    >> certified, and has a driver who actually has a licence?

    > At least with Linux, there are hundreds of 'taxis' and each offers its own
    > level of service. Full service Linux distros include: Red Hat, Novell,
    > Xandros and Linspire....all nicely certified, licensed, supported....and
    > loads cheaper than the MS cab.
    >
    > There is only one MS cab....and it only goes to one destination. Like it
    > or
    > not and the fare is $600 per passenger.....and watch out for the people
    > who
    > jump in at intersections and tell the driver to go somewhere else....while
    > YOU pay for it.

    You got it all wrong.
    The MS cab will run on any fuel made by any non MS company. Parts aren't a
    problem as parts from any non MS company will fit it.
    It starts first time every time, and program that does cause an error can be
    shut down without tipping out the apples from the cart.
    MS cabs are used by the majority of the people on the planet. Linux Limos
    are used by very few people who simply want to do things the hard way and
    differently.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 9, 2006
  20. E. Scrooge

    Philip Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    (snippity snip)

    > LOL That's not bad.
    > Except the free Linux Limo comes with **** all gas, no door locks, a dead
    > battery, and 4 flat tyres.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Well, actually, the Linux Limo turns out to be pretty close to the
    latest Lexus, confortable, quiet, safe, beautifully designed and
    unobtrusive.

    It uses less gas, handles perfectly and complies with all regulations.

    And the service is free, and as easy as asking on the Internet.

    Looks like a good choice to me.

    Philip
    Philip, Dec 9, 2006