    Best regards,

    --
    Lord K.
    Lord K., Nov 2, 2010

  2. Lord K.

    ray Guest

    Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the opensource world?

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:21:03 +0100, Lord K. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I own Bibble 5, and I use very often the "perfectly clear" feature. I
    > wonder if there are some other software working on Linux that have such
    > a feature. "Perfectly Clear" makes various settings on a picture and has
    > (for some kinds of pictures...) a nice output without having to "think
    > to much"... ( http://www.athentech.com/ )
    >
    > Are there some plugins for Gimp (or othrs) with such a feature?
    >
    > Is there some command-line tool with such a feature?
    >
    > Best regards,

    Assuming you're working from raw images, ufraw will do that much and more.
    ray, Nov 2, 2010

  3. Lord K.

    ray Guest

    Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the opensource world?

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:21:03 +0100, Lord K. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I own Bibble 5, and I use very often the "perfectly clear" feature. I
    > wonder if there are some other software working on Linux that have such
    > a feature. "Perfectly Clear" makes various settings on a picture and has
    > (for some kinds of pictures...) a nice output without having to "think
    > to much"... ( http://www.athentech.com/ )
    >
    > Are there some plugins for Gimp (or othrs) with such a feature?
    >
    > Is there some command-line tool with such a feature?
    >
    > Best regards,

    I notice that bibble 5 is available for Linux, as well.
    ray, Nov 2, 2010
  4. Lord K.

    Lord K. Guest

    On 02/11/2010 18:42, ray wrote:
    > Assuming you're working from raw images, ufraw will do that much and more.

    Not exactly; I am not claiming "perfectly clear" is the ultimate
    solution for all pictures, but what is great with "perfectly clear" is
    that you have a "perfect image in only one click: you don't have to fix
    the settings by yourself. It is nice when you have many holidays
    pictures with no great artistic value. I know very well UFraw and I know
    you can get the same output but you have to spend some time by youself
    on the settings. Regards,

    --
    Lord K.
    Lord K., Nov 2, 2010
  5. Lord K.

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 11/02/2010 06:21 PM, Lord K. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I own Bibble 5, and I use very often the "perfectly clear" feature. I
    > wonder if there are some other software working on Linux that have such
    > a feature. "Perfectly Clear" makes various settings on a picture and has
    > (for some kinds of pictures...) a nice output without having to "think
    > to much"... ( http://www.athentech.com/ )
    >
    > Are there some plugins for Gimp (or othrs) with such a feature?
    >
    > Is there some command-line tool with such a feature?
    >
    > Best regards,

    IIRC Picasa has some kind of "I'm lucky" correction feature, and is
    available for Linux.

    --
    Bertrand
    Ofnuts, Nov 2, 2010
  6. Lord K.

    Irwell Guest

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 19:23:37 +0100, Ofnuts wrote:

    > On 11/02/2010 06:21 PM, Lord K. wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I own Bibble 5, and I use very often the "perfectly clear" feature. I
    >> wonder if there are some other software working on Linux that have such
    >> a feature. "Perfectly Clear" makes various settings on a picture and has
    >> (for some kinds of pictures...) a nice output without having to "think
    >> to much"... ( http://www.athentech.com/ )
    >>
    >> Are there some plugins for Gimp (or othrs) with such a feature?
    >>
    >> Is there some command-line tool with such a feature?
    >>
    >> Best regards,
    >>

    > IIRC Picasa has some kind of "I'm lucky" correction feature, and is
    > available for Linux.

    Irfanview has an Auto-adjust under Image Corrections
    that does a decent job.
    Irwell, Nov 2, 2010
  7. Lord K.

    me Guest

    Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the open source world?

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:21:03 +0100, "Lord K." <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I own Bibble 5, and I use very often the "perfectly clear" feature. I
    >wonder if there are some other software working on Linux that have such
    >a feature. "Perfectly Clear" makes various settings on a picture and has
    >(for some kinds of pictures...) a nice output without having to "think
    >to much"... ( http://www.athentech.com/ )
    >
    >Are there some plugins for Gimp (or othrs) with such a feature?
    >
    >Is there some command-line tool with such a feature?

    If you have B5 and like this feaure, why are you looking for something
    else?

    And fwiw I've found in B4.X you have to be very careful if you process
    cropped images with PC and the exposure of the overall image image is
    different from the crop. That said, I use Bibble given the quickness
    and ease to apply adjustments and copy and paste adjustments to like
    images . Whta's your beef that you are looking for another solution?
    me, Nov 2, 2010
  8. Lord K.

    Lord K. Guest

    On 02/11/2010 20:40, me wrote:
    > If you have B5 and like this feaure, why are you looking for something
    > else?

    Because I also use script-based workflows made with tools having special
    feature I need or for special purposes (like "contact cheets").
    This is why I would be more interested by some command-line tool rather
    than by some big application. Regards,

    --
    Lord K.
    Lord K., Nov 2, 2010
  9. Lord K.

    me Guest

    Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the open source world?

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:21:03 +0100, "Lord K." <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I own Bibble 5, and I use very often the "perfectly clear" feature. I
    >wonder if there are some other software working on Linux that have such
    >a feature. "Perfectly Clear" makes various settings on a picture and has
    >(for some kinds of pictures...) a nice output without having to "think
    >to much"... ( http://www.athentech.com/ )
    >
    >Are there some plugins for Gimp (or othrs) with such a feature?

    You did see there is a PS plugin at the link you provided, no?
    me, Nov 2, 2010
  10. Lord K.

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Lord K. wrote:
    > Is there some command-line tool with such a feature?

    The best command-line tool I could find for achieving that purpose
    is the tone-mapping operator Reinhard05 from the pfstmo package.
    Once installed, I type:

    pfsin myfile.tif | pfstmo_reinhard05 | pfsoutppm -b 16 output.pnm

    with a 16bits/channel input and output file. The output picture is
    most of the time exactly as it should be.

    --
    Kax
    , Aug 30, 2011
  11. Lord K.

    Pablo Guest

    escribió:

    > On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Lord K. wrote:
    >> Is there some command-line tool with such a feature?

    What feature?

    > The best command-line tool I could find for achieving that purpose
    > is the tone-mapping operator Reinhard05 from the pfstmo package.
    > Once installed, I type:
    >
    > pfsin myfile.tif | pfstmo_reinhard05 | pfsoutppm -b 16 output.pnm
    >
    > with a 16bits/channel input and output file. The output picture is
    > most of the time exactly as it should be.

    Really? What are you talking about?

    --
    Pablo
    Pablo, Sep 1, 2011
  12. Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the opensource world?

    Pablo <> wrote:
    > escribió:
    >> On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, Lord K. wrote:

    >>> Is there some command-line tool with such a feature?

    > What feature?

    "Perfectly Clear" (see subject, google for it) by Athentech.
    A one-click image correction system, see
    http://www.athentech.com/Gallery.html

    Works --- for some value of working. I'm not so happy with it.

    >> The best command-line tool I could find for achieving that purpose
    >> is the tone-mapping operator Reinhard05 from the pfstmo package.
    >> Once installed, I type:

    >> pfsin myfile.tif | pfstmo_reinhard05 | pfsoutppm -b 16 output.pnm

    >> with a 16bits/channel input and output file. The output picture is
    >> most of the time exactly as it should be.

    > Really? What are you talking about?

    pfstmo (just google for it):
    http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/tmo/

    But I agree, kax should have told us what part of PC is done
    by Reinhard05 --- won't be the red eye removal and won't be the
    sharpening etc.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 16, 2011
  13. Lord K.

    Pablo Guest

    Wolfgang Weisselberg escribió:

    > Pablo <> wrote:
    >> escribió:

    >> What feature?

    > "Perfectly Clear" (see subject, google for it)

    No. I don't have time.

    >> Really? What are you talking about?

    > pfstmo (just google for it):

    No. I don't have time.

    > But I agree, kax should have told us what part of PC is done
    > by Reinhard05 --- won't be the red eye removal and won't be the
    > sharpening etc.

    No. He should have included some of the earlier messages to give some
    indication of what the hell he was talking about. Snipping is one thing,
    whereas posts with no context whatsoever are useless when the thread breaks
    up for whatever reason.

    Perhaps he should learn how usenet works before posting to it.

    --
    Pablo

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wibbleypants/
    Pablo, Sep 17, 2011
  14. Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the opensource world?

    Pablo <> wrote:
    > Wolfgang Weisselberg escribió:

    >> Pablo <> wrote:

    >>> What feature?

    >> "Perfectly Clear" (see subject, google for it)

    > No. I don't have time.

    But you have time posting?

    >>> Really? What are you talking about?

    >> pfstmo (just google for it):

    > No. I don't have time.

    But you have time posting?

    >> But I agree, kax should have told us what part of PC is done
    >> by Reinhard05 --- won't be the red eye removal and won't be the
    >> sharpening etc.

    > No. He should have included some of the earlier messages to give some
    > indication of what the hell he was talking about. Snipping is one thing,
    > whereas posts with no context whatsoever are useless when the thread breaks
    > up for whatever reason.

    The context was all there. You just didn't have time (less than
    3 seconds) to see it.

    > Perhaps he should learn how usenet works before posting to it.

    Perhaps you should really learn how to use search engines before
    making a fuss.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 19, 2011
  15. Lord K.

    Pablo Guest

    Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the open source world?

    Wolfgang Weisselberg escribió:

    > Perhaps you should really learn how to use search engines before
    > making a fuss.

    Perhaps I should just ignore postings by idiots.

    Much simpler.

    Bye.

    Pablo, Sep 21, 2011
  16. Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the opensource world?

    Pablo <> wrote:
    > Wolfgang Weisselberg escribió:

    >> Perhaps you should really learn how to use search engines before
    >> making a fuss.

    > Perhaps I should just ignore postings by idiots.

    Good idea, welcome to my killfile.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 21, 2011
  17. Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the opensource world?

    George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 9/21/11 6:00 AM, in article , "Pablo"
    >> Wolfgang Weisselberg escribió:

    >>> Perhaps you should really learn how to use search engines before
    >>> making a fuss.

    >> Perhaps I should just ignore postings by idiots.

    >> Much simpler.

    >> Bye.

    > Good move! This one is not worth the effort. Blockheads are like that...

    Says the vitriol spitter who's terribly embittered.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 25, 2011
  18. Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the opensource world?

    George Kerby <> wrote:

    > On 9/21/11 7:06 AM, in article ,
    > "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <> wrote:

    >> Pablo <> wrote:

    >>> Perhaps I should just ignore postings by idiots.

    >> Good idea, welcome to my killfile.

    > Me too! Please! MEEEEEEE too!!!!!!!!

    No, you're not a typical idiot, you're evil and need to be
    dealt with.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 25, 2011
  19. Lord K.

    Ray Fischer Guest

    George Kerby <> wrote:
    >"Wolfgang Weisselberg" <> wrote:
    >> George Kerby <> wrote:

    >>> Me too! Please! MEEEEEEE too!!!!!!!!

    >> No, you're not a typical idiot, you're evil and need to be
    >> dealt with.
    >>
    >> -Wolfgang

    >Oh just great! I got a Rabid Canine stalker!!!

    _Are_ a rabid canine stalker.

    "arf-arf -- arf (pant) arf-arf (pant) (pant) arf"
    Kanine kerby in <C6CD2583.33D14%>

    > I'm soooooo special!!!!!

    Hmm. "Special".

    Yes indeed.

    Ray Fischer, Sep 26, 2011
  20. Re: [linux] Is there some "Perfectly Clear" alternative in the opensource world?

    George Kerby <> wrote:
    > On 9/25/11 7:34 AM, in article ,
    > "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <> wrote:
    >> George Kerby <> wrote:

    >>> Me too! Please! MEEEEEEE too!!!!!!!!

    >> No, you're not a typical idiot, you're evil and need to be
    >> dealt with.

    > Oh just great! I got a Rabid Canine stalker!!! I'm soooooo special!!!!!

    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure
    sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."
    Terry Pratchett -- "Maskerade"

    -Wolfgang

    --
    "'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head,
    'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'" -- Terry Pratchett
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 28, 2011