Linux & Firefox/Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Echy, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. Echy

    Echy Guest

    Hello

    I use and like Firefox 1.5 & Thunderbird 1.06 on an old but still "OK"
    notebook computer (Compaq Armada 7400 - Pentium II, Celeron 400, 192 MB
    RAM). I cannot justify replacing it or upgrading.

    It uses Windows 98 (original not SE), a licensed copy, which is now
    becoming a nuisance, being so old.

    I know nothing about Linux. Is it likely to be suitable/better for the
    notebook?

    Appreciate any comments.
    --
    Regards