    spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
    So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Collector»NZ

    eduardo Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a spare
    >machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
    > So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

    Playtime !!!!!
    Very entertaining italian neo hippy raver distro.
    Its not really representative of anything, but its built from .debs

    eduardo, Nov 13, 2004

  3. eduardo said the following on 14/11/2004 09:08:
    > "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a spare
    >>machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
    >>So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/
    >>

    > Playtime !!!!!
    > Very entertaining italian neo hippy raver distro.
    > Its not really representative of anything, but its built from .debs

    Yes I should have qualified, that really what I want to do is have a
    look at interface and useability without having a deep dig under the hood.
    I have a lot (I mean a Lot) of digital images and video files plus a
    large library of music so I figured this distro would if nothing else be
    entertaining.
    If it tickles my interest then I will toss the CD Writer (since I have a
    DVD do all Writer) and add another hard drive so I can load a more main
    stream distro and play under the hood with a dual boot system

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Collector»NZ

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:06:21 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > If it tickles my interest then I will toss the CD Writer (since I have a
    > DVD do all Writer) and add another hard drive so I can load a more main
    > stream distro and play under the hood with a dual boot system

    Make it so! Now. What have you got to lose? Wearing the DVD writer out
    burning CDs. Well you need to upgrade in the near future yes?

    Gordon, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Collector»NZ

    thing Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a
    > spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
    > So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

    Another alternative would be suse, think that comes as a cd demo.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Nov 14, 2004
  6. Collector»NZ

    thing Guest

    thing, Nov 14, 2004
  7. Collector»NZ

    steve Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a
    > spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
    > So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

    nevahoiduvit......but it's coming down the torrent at about 100k per
    second...so I should have it shortly.

    I like Knoppix....and you can install it to the hard drive fairly easily.

    But my favourite out-of-box desktop distro remains Xandros.....nothing else
    seems to come close for ease of everything.

    Otherwise....I like Yoper 2.0 and Gentoo.

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home

    steve, Nov 14, 2004
  8. steve said the following on 14/11/2004 23:36:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >

    >>I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a
    >>spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
    >>So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

    > nevahoiduvit......but it's coming down the torrent at about 100k per
    > second...so I should have it shortly.
    >
    > I like Knoppix....and you can install it to the hard drive fairly easily.
    >
    > But my favourite out-of-box desktop distro remains Xandros.....nothing else
    > seems to come close for ease of everything.
    >
    > Otherwise....I like Yoper 2.0 and Gentoo.

    Have a look at the clustering feature

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 14, 2004