    a viable alternative to Microsoft Windows, according to approximately
    two thirds ...

    <http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/4067/53/>

    Au79, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Au79

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Au79 <> wrote in news:Mbi4g.584$:

    > iTWire - Australia
    >
    > A clear majority of readers believe that a Linux desktop will one day be
    > a viable alternative to Microsoft Windows, according to approximately
    > two thirds ...
    >
    ><http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/4067/53/>

    Why Linux May Never be a True Desktop OS:

    Excessive Advocacy

    A few years ago I recall getting a note from an Apple guy who said something to the effect of, "I'm sure glad all
    of the crazy Apple supporters moved over to Linux." While I seriously doubt all of the crazy Apple zealots
    moved to Linux, I can say that they were instrumental in getting Apple out of large enterprises.

    <http://www.technewsworld.com/story/50091.html>

    Fuzzy Logic, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Au79

    Guest

    Au79 wrote:
    > iTWire - Australia
    >
    > A clear majority of readers believe that a Linux desktop will one day be
    > a viable alternative to Microsoft Windows, according to approximately
    > two thirds ...
    >
    > <http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/4067/53/>

    > http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html

    I agree. I think it's pretty much there now and it's free. With a
    little investment of ones spare time to learn new methods, anyone with
    little or no computing knowledge could use Linux effectively NOW!

    Ian.

    , Apr 28, 2006
  4. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Fuzzy Logic wrote:

    > Au79 <> wrote in news:Mbi4g.584$:
    >
    >> iTWire - Australia
    >>
    >> A clear majority of readers believe that a Linux desktop will one day be
    >> a viable alternative to Microsoft Windows, according to approximately
    >> two thirds ...
    >>
    >><http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/4067/53/>

    > Why Linux May Never be a True Desktop OS:
    >
    > Excessive Advocacy
    >
    > A few years ago I recall getting a note from an Apple guy who said
    > something to the effect of, "I'm sure glad all of the crazy Apple
    > supporters moved over to Linux." While I seriously doubt all of the crazy
    > Apple zealots moved to Linux, I can say that they were instrumental in
    > getting Apple out of large enterprises.
    >
    > <http://www.technewsworld.com/story/50091.html>

    Not logical, not relevant.

    Au79, Apr 29, 2006
  5. Au79

    Seatoller Guest

    It was on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:00:39 -0700, that Au79 wrote:

    > Fuzzy Logic wrote:
    >
    >> Au79 <> wrote in news:Mbi4g.584$:
    >>
    >>> iTWire - Australia
    >>>
    >>> A clear majority of readers believe that a Linux desktop will one day
    >>> be a viable alternative to Microsoft Windows, according to
    >>> approximately two thirds ...
    >>>
    >>><http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/4067/53/>

    >> Why Linux May Never be a True Desktop OS:
    >>
    >> Excessive Advocacy
    >>
    >> A few years ago I recall getting a note from an Apple guy who said
    >> something to the effect of, "I'm sure glad all of the crazy Apple
    >> supporters moved over to Linux." While I seriously doubt all of the
    >> crazy Apple zealots moved to Linux, I can say that they were
    >> instrumental in getting Apple out of large enterprises.
    >>
    >> <http://www.technewsworld.com/story/50091.html>

    > Not logical, not relevant.

    Rob Enderle is wrong, more large enterprises /are/ moving over to linux.
    Business anylists Quocirca did an online survey last year. They had
    /deep/ unease & /dissatisfaction/ with M$ÿs Windows. Linux is gaining
    ground here, at Windowsÿ expense.
    It is used by 1/3 of UK local authorities, though thatÿs still way behind
    Franceÿs 71%, Germanyÿs 68% and Hollandÿs 55%.

    --
    The short life and hard times of a Linux virus
    http://librenix.com/?inode=21

    Seatoller, Apr 29, 2006