    system by 90% using Novell Open Enterprise Server, the company's version
    of SuSE Linux ...

    <http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2006/07/04/216740/Linux+cuts+Kent+Police+system+costs+by+90.htm>
    Au79, Jul 4, 2006

  2. Au79

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Au79" <> wrote in message
    news:fEyqg.6869$...
    > ComputerWeekly.com - UK
    >
    > Kent Police has cut the cost of running its major criminal investigations
    > system by 90% using Novell Open Enterprise Server, the company's version
    > of SuSE Linux ...

    Yeah, yeah - and they're looking at a max 3.000 users.... what happens when
    it rolls over and dies at 3001 users?
    Who provides instant response then? Dell????
    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Au79

    Gordon Guest

    Noel Paton wrote:

    > Yeah, yeah - and they're looking at a max 3.000 users.... what happens
    > when it rolls over and dies at 3001 users?

    But it won't - that's the difference between MS Software and Linux......

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Kubuntu 6.06, Open Office 2
    Gordon, Jul 4, 2006
  4. Au79

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > Noel Paton wrote:
    >

    >> Yeah, yeah - and they're looking at a max 3.000 users.... what happens
    >> when it rolls over and dies at 3001 users?

    > But it won't - that's the difference between MS Software and Linux......

    At least you know who to scream at when Windows goes belly-up.... when was
    the last time you got real-time support for Ubuntu, (or Red-Hat for that
    matter?) - and how long did it take to find the phone number??

    Noel Paton, Jul 4, 2006
  5. Au79

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Noel Paton wrote:

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >
    >> Noel Paton wrote:
    >>

    >>> Yeah, yeah - and they're looking at a max 3.000 users.... what happens
    >>> when it rolls over and dies at 3001 users?

    >> But it won't - that's the difference between MS Software and Linux......
    >>

    > At least you know who to scream at when Windows goes belly-up.... when
    > was the last time you got real-time support for Ubuntu, (or Red-Hat for
    > that matter?) - and how long did it take to find the phone number??

    They can make a phone call to Novel about SuSe for support and it's not
    *free*, as I have used them. ;-) SuSe is not free either. And for the
    server edition of SuSe, it cost some serious $$$$$. The workstation
    versions cost too.

    Duane :)

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 4, 2006
  6. Au79

    Seatoller Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:51:30 +0100, "Noel Paton" <>
    wrote:

    >"Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> Noel Paton wrote:
    >>

    >>> Yeah, yeah - and they're looking at a max 3.000 users.... what happens
    >>> when it rolls over and dies at 3001 users?

    >> But it won't - that's the difference between MS Software and Linux......
    >>

    >At least you know who to scream at when Windows goes belly-up....

    As it usually does.

    > when was the last time you got real-time support for Ubuntu, (or Red-Hat for that
    >matter?) - and how long did it take to find the phone number??

    I didn't, & I've no idea what the phone number is. Why? Because I don't need it.
    Next strawman argument......
    Seatoller, Jul 5, 2006
  7. Au79

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Seatoller wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:51:30 +0100, "Noel Paton" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >>>But it won't - that's the difference between MS Software and Linux......
    >>>

    >>At least you know who to scream at when Windows goes belly-up....

    > As it usually does.
    >

    >>when was the last time you got real-time support for Ubuntu, (or Red-Hat for that
    >>matter?) - and how long did it take to find the phone number??

    > I didn't, & I've no idea what the phone number is. Why? Because I don't need it.
    > Next strawman argument......

    This *ho* has an excuse for everything.

    It's simply pathetic with Linux *ho* to the rescue.

    This applies here as there is something wrong with her.

    http://www.studyandjobs.com/Internet_addiction.html

    Give this *ho* a couple of bones to suck and slobber on and do some
    Linux licking.

    Duane
    Duane Arnold, Jul 5, 2006
  8. Au79

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:13:18 +0100, Seatoller <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:51:30 +0100, "Noel Paton"
    >><>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Gordon" <> wrote in
    >>>message

    >>>At least you know who to scream at when Windows goes belly-up....

    >>As it usually does.
    >>
    >>> when was the last time you got real-time support for Ubuntu, (or Red-Hat
    >>> for that
    >>>matter?) - and how long did it take to find the phone number??

    >>I didn't, & I've no idea what the phone number is. Why? Because I don't
    >>need it.
    >>Next strawman argument......

    > I don't know what you expected, really. Mister "MS-MVP" here has his munge
    > on
    > the wrong side of his address, after all.

    Wrong again - there's no munge there at all!
    It is a valid email addy - and besides, as I own the domain, I can do WTF I
    like with the addies.

    Noel Paton, Jul 5, 2006
  9. Au79

    Seatoller Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:35:35 -0500, Mara <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:13:18 +0100, Seatoller <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:51:30 +0100, "Noel Paton" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >>>At least you know who to scream at when Windows goes belly-up....

    >>As it usually does.
    >>
    >>> when was the last time you got real-time support for Ubuntu, (or Red-Hat for that
    >>>matter?) - and how long did it take to find the phone number??

    >>I didn't, & I've no idea what the phone number is. Why? Because I don't need it.
    >>Next strawman argument......

    >I don't know what you expected, really. Mister "MS-MVP" here has his munge on
    >the wrong side of his address, after all.
    >
    >*snork*
    >
    ><Foghorn Leghorn>
    >
    >That boy, I say, that boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball.
    >
    ></Foghorn Leghorn>

    LOL Yeah, one without finger holes!

    He's probably never figured out why he gets so much spam.
    Seatoller, Jul 5, 2006
  10. Au79

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Noel Paton wrote:

    > "Mara" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:13:18 +0100, Seatoller <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:51:30 +0100, "Noel Paton"
    >>> <>

    >>> As it usually does.

    >>> I didn't, & I've no idea what the phone number is. Why? Because I
    >>> don't need it.
    >>> Next strawman argument......

    >> I don't know what you expected, really. Mister "MS-MVP" here has his
    >> munge on
    >> the wrong side of his address, after all.
    >>

    > Wrong again - there's no munge there at all!
    > It is a valid email addy - and besides, as I own the domain, I can do
    > WTF I like with the addies.

    LOL

    It looks like the old Shipwreck Santa Mara is facing the wind kissing
    ass again.

    Seacream and Shipwreck Santa Mara are mates on the seas of the Internet
    together. <g>

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 5, 2006
  11. Au79

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Seatoller wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:35:35 -0500, Mara <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:13:18 +0100, Seatoller <> wrote:

    >>>As it usually does.

    >>>I didn't, & I've no idea what the phone number is. Why? Because I don't need it.
    >>>Next strawman argument......

    >>I don't know what you expected, really. Mister "MS-MVP" here has his munge on
    >>the wrong side of his address, after all.
    >>
    >>*snork*
    >>
    >><Foghorn Leghorn>
    >>
    >>That boy, I say, that boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball.
    >>
    >></Foghorn Leghorn>

    > LOL Yeah, one without finger holes!
    >
    > He's probably never figured out why he gets so much spam.

    Let's see of the Shipwreck Sana Mara docks!

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jul 5, 2006
  12. Au79

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Seatoller" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:35:35 -0500, Mara <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:13:18 +0100, Seatoller <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:51:30 +0100, "Noel Paton"
    >>><>

    >>>As it usually does.

    >>>I didn't, & I've no idea what the phone number is. Why? Because I don't
    >>>need it.
    >>>Next strawman argument......

    >>I don't know what you expected, really. Mister "MS-MVP" here has his munge
    >>on
    >>the wrong side of his address, after all.
    >>
    >>*snork*
    >>
    >><Foghorn Leghorn>
    >>
    >>That boy, I say, that boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball.
    >>
    >></Foghorn Leghorn>

    > LOL Yeah, one without finger holes!
    >
    > He's probably never figured out why he gets so much spam.

    I get less spam on that account than the one that my ISP insisted I create
    as the master email addy - and have only ever used in emails with the ISP

    Noel Paton, Jul 5, 2006
  13. Au79

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:48:26 +0100, Seatoller <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:35:35 -0500, Mara <> wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    >>>I don't know what you expected, really. Mister "MS-MVP" here has his munge on
    >>>the wrong side of his address, after all.
    >>>
    >>>*snork*
    >>>
    >>><Foghorn Leghorn>
    >>>
    >>>That boy, I say, that boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball.
    >>>
    >>></Foghorn Leghorn>

    >>LOL Yeah, one without finger holes!

    > LOL!
    >

    >>He's probably never figured out why he gets so much spam.

    > Quirk Objection.

    Did you make sure you wiped her ass before you puckered-up
    and kissed it?

    Duane
    Duane Arnold, Jul 5, 2006
  14. Au79

    Noel Paton Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 00:48:26 +0100, Seatoller <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 18:35:35 -0500, Mara <>
    >>wrote:

    > <snip>
    >>>I don't know what you expected, really. Mister "MS-MVP" here has his
    >>>munge on
    >>>the wrong side of his address, after all.
    >>>
    >>>*snork*
    >>>
    >>><Foghorn Leghorn>
    >>>
    >>>That boy, I say, that boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball.
    >>>
    >>></Foghorn Leghorn>

    >>LOL Yeah, one without finger holes!

    > LOL!
    >
    >>He's probably never figured out why he gets so much spam.

    > Quirk Objection.

    It's really rather sad that two people should get so immersed in their own
    little world as to ignore reality completely.....

    1) it's a valid email addy - so the bowling ball fits the gap between your
    ears
    2) I own the domain - so the finger-holes probably contain your collective
    sexual anatomies
    3) I get very little spam on that account (about 10/day - before
    filtering) - so I think it just about tells you that you really should just
    bend over and kiss your collective &sses goodbye.

    Noel Paton, Jul 5, 2006