    --
    Kax

    , Oct 15, 2011

  2. ray Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 10:58:07 +0200, kax wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > for studying and analysis purpose, I would like to find a way of
    > converting from some common format to linear DNG. Do you see a way tot
    > do that (workaround is OK)? I browsed the web and found that each time
    > this question occurs, the very single answer is "Why do you want to do
    > that? Do you understand what is a raw file, what is a JPEG, etc.?"
    > Please, just answer if you have the answer to my question. As I said, I
    > am not an end-user but rather would like to understand the behaviour of
    > some commercial tools and I need to create some fake-DNG files. My
    > question is about "linear DNG". Regards,

    I have been able to use Adobe's dng converter under WINE.

    ray, Oct 15, 2011

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2011, ray wrote:
    > I have been able to use Adobe's dng converter under WINE.

    I actually use it wunder Wine, but are you sure you can convert tiff files
    with Adobe's dng converter? Regards,

    --
    Kax

    , Oct 15, 2011
  4. <> wrote:

    > for studying and analysis purpose, I would like to find a way of converting
    > from some common format to linear DNG. Do you see a way tot do that
    > (workaround is OK)?

    If everything fails:
    - read up on the source format
    - read up on the target format
    - write a converter

    I'd hook into dcraw or one of the free raw processors (usually
    using dcraw) and just write out the data in the right format at
    the right place.

    If you're not a programmer, you can probably interest a programmer
    using money.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Oct 28, 2011