    on text to speech programs ?

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Rob K

    philo Guest

    http://leb.net/blinux/
    philo, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Rob K

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:33:52 +0100, Rob K wrote:

    >Ladies and gents,
    >
    >Some of you use an OS that somehow refers to any of various erect
    >short-legged flightless aquatic birds.
    >
    >How's things in the Linux world where it comes to blind users depending
    >on text to speech programs ?

    Fairly good from what I recall.

    www.google.com or
    Searched the web for
    linux text to speech

    In either a SuSE or Mandrake install it even scanned for a braille
    writer.

    I think one of the things to search for is the 'accessability howto' ,
    better yet here is a link to a 2002 version.
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Accessibility-HOWTO

    When I was doing some CSS, I also came across 'Emacspeak' as well.

    Me
    why?, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Rob K

    Rob K Guest

    philo wrote:
    <snip>

    Thank you, philo.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Rob K

    Rob K Guest

    why? wrote:
    <snip>

    > When I was doing some CSS, I also came across 'Emacspeak' as well.
    >
    > Me

    Thank you, why?.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Rob K

    B.Al.Zeebub Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:33:52 +0100, Rob K pecked at a keyboard in panic:

    > Ladies and gents,
    >
    > Some of you use an OS that somehow refers to any of various erect
    > short-legged flightless aquatic birds.
    >
    > How's things in the Linux world where it comes to blind users depending
    > on text to speech programs ?

    Festival or Emacspeak are probably the applications to use for
    text-to-speech support.
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/festival/
    http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net/

    You may also want to examine the options in this link:
    http://linux-sound.org/speech.html

    There are also some specific Linux distributions:
    http://www.brlspeak.net/
    http://www.oralux.org/

    Good Luck
    --