    RS Guest

    I have xp on one hard drive. I want to add a second hard drive that has
    linux. Any input on what to do or not do?

    RS, Oct 16, 2004

  2. RS

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:58:47 -0500, RS wrote:

    > I have xp on one hard drive. I want to add a second hard drive that has
    > linux. Any input on what to do or not do?

    Safest way is to not slave one off the other, keep them separate. Use
    a switch of some sort to boot up the one you want. There are several
    switches on the market designed for this. The one I like fits into a
    floppy drive slot and simply has a key switch in it.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Oct 16, 2004

  3. RS

    Jerry G. Guest

    I would install the drives as removable drives using a front tray kit. When
    you want to change operating systems, you just simply shut down the machine,
    and pull out the drive from the front slot, and put in the other one. Then
    you restart the machine, and it will work under the operating system that
    has been installed on that drive.

    The front tray kit and the accessories is not expensive.

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Oct 17, 2004