    looks like a saving worth having.

    I'm running Ubuntu Breezy.

    elsan shoop
    Elsan Shoop, Jul 4, 2006

  2. T'was the Tue, 4 Jul 2006 20:04:28 +1200 when I remembered "Elsan
    Shoop" <> saying something like this:

    >Does any member of this group kinow of a working Linux driver for the
    >Vodafone mobile broadband card U630?

    It's a Huawei brand if it's any help. I went with a 3G phone linked to
    my old laptop (Got stolen on the weekend, not happy) for internet
    access. The advantage is, you have a cell phone not just a data card.
    The disadvantage is voice takes priority over data, so if you get a
    phone call your internet dies. Also, you can't just have a phone on a
    data plan, you have to have a voice plan + data plan.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Elsan Shoop

    Richard Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > It's a Huawei brand if it's any help. I went with a 3G phone linked to
    > my old laptop (Got stolen on the weekend, not happy) for internet
    > access. The advantage is, you have a cell phone not just a data card.
    > The disadvantage is voice takes priority over data, so if you get a
    > phone call your internet dies. Also, you can't just have a phone on a
    > data plan, you have to have a voice plan + data plan.

    Eh? Ive had a phone on a data only plan before, there is a horrific per min
    charge if you do make a voice call on it, but they were happy to do it when I
    asked. Besides, its the sim on a plan, not the device.
    Richard, Jul 6, 2006