Linspire 5-0

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...
    >
    > http://images.linspire.com/linspire5.0intro4-6-5.swf

    Ooh, that's easy!

    1. It is a Linspire ad (yuk)
    2. It is a Flash ad

    and

    3. It doesn't render in Firefox (takes ages to load, though)
    -=rjh=-, Apr 7, 2005

  3. -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...
    >> http://images.linspire.com/linspire5.0intro4-6-5.swf

    > Ooh, that's easy!
    > 1. It is a Linspire ad (yuk)
    > 2. It is a Flash ad
    > 3. It doesn't render in Firefox (takes ages to load, though)

    I was actually meaning the music is really fucking odd.
    The make mention of the kernal version(yeah cos homes users will care)
    and it looks like they're ripping something off.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Mike_P Guest

    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >>> Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...
    >>> http://images.linspire.com/linspire5.0intro4-6-5.swf

    >> Ooh, that's easy!
    >> 1. It is a Linspire ad (yuk)
    >> 2. It is a Flash ad
    >> 3. It doesn't render in Firefox (takes ages to load, though)

    > I was actually meaning the music is really fucking odd.
    > The make mention of the kernal version(yeah cos homes users will care)
    > and it looks like they're ripping something off.

    Hawaii 5-0 theme, not.
    Mike_P, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Enkidu Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:
    >
    >>> Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...
    >>> http://images.linspire.com/linspire5.0intro4-6-5.swf

    >> Ooh, that's easy!
    >> 1. It is a Linspire ad (yuk)
    >> 2. It is a Flash ad
    >> 3. It doesn't render in Firefox (takes ages to load, though)

    > I was actually meaning the music is really fucking odd.
    > The make mention of the kernal version(yeah cos homes users will care)
    > and it looks like they're ripping something off.

    I thought you meant "The story begins *three* years ago" and
    "after *a* year in the making".

    The music is intended I think to resemble the Hawaii Five -
    O theme tune. versus Linspire 5.0.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 7, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:25:57 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >-=rjh=- wrote:
    >>> Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...
    >>> http://images.linspire.com/linspire5.0intro4-6-5.swf

    >> Ooh, that's easy!
    >> 1. It is a Linspire ad (yuk)
    >> 2. It is a Flash ad
    >> 3. It doesn't render in Firefox (takes ages to load, though)

    >I was actually meaning the music is really fucking odd.

    Butchered version of the Hawaii 5 0 theme.

    Bret, Apr 7, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...
    >
    > http://images.linspire.com/linspire5.0intro4-6-5.swf

    Looks OK to me....and sounds good, too.

    Something major? or trivial?

    steve, Apr 8, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...
    >>
    >> http://images.linspire.com/linspire5.0intro4-6-5.swf

    > Ooh, that's easy!
    >
    > 1. It is a Linspire ad (yuk)
    > 2. It is a Flash ad
    >
    > and
    >
    > 3. It doesn't render in Firefox (takes ages to load, though)

    It rendered fine in Firefox on my system.....and took no significant
    amount of time to load (I'm on 2mbps adsl).

    steve, Apr 8, 2005
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    steve Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> Ooh, that's easy!
    >>> 1. It is a Linspire ad (yuk)
    >>> 2. It is a Flash ad
    >>> 3. It doesn't render in Firefox (takes ages to load, though)

    >> I was actually meaning the music is really fucking odd.
    >> The make mention of the kernal version(yeah cos homes users will care)
    >> and it looks like they're ripping something off.

    > I thought you meant "The story begins *three* years ago" and "after *a*
    > year in the making".

    It's been around for 3 years...and the current version has been a year
    in the making.

    > The music is intended I think to resemble the Hawaii Five - O theme
    > tune. versus Linspire 5.0.

    Got that.....vague resemblance.

    steve, Apr 8, 2005
  10. Hi there,

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...
    >
    > http://images.linspire.com/linspire5.0intro4-6-5.swf

    There are no hawaiian shirts or chest hair or medallions to
    be seen. Other than that, nothing... :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Apr 8, 2005
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    David Preece Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this ad...

    It appears to be an advert for a crap version of Mac OSX. What's all
    that about then?

    Dave
    David Preece, Apr 8, 2005