  1. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    My son wants me to get one....what is it?

    BillKirch, Oct 24, 2003

  2. BillKirch

    derek / nul Guest

    On 24 Oct 2003 05:15:10 GMT, oads (BillKirch) wrote:

    >My son wants me to get one....what is it?

    Its linux and why not ask him.

    derek / nul, Oct 24, 2003

  3. BillKirch

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    oads (BillKirch) wrote in

    > My son wants me to get one....what is it?

    Since you misspelled Linux, I don't think it's that simple to explain to
    you via newsgroups. No offense or anything like that. First, search
    google for "linux shell account" and see what you get, and then ask your
    son what a shell account is and ask him why you should have one. Does he
    want you to personally get one, or get one for him? If he wants one for
    you, I don't think you need it. If he wants one for himself, ask him what
    he wants to do with it and why he can't do that from your current PC.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 24, 2003
  4. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    >Since you misspelled Linux,

    ##############
    I know I misspelled it. Hey was misspronouncing it ....he's 11. So could
    someone give me an Idea what it is ..please. He can't seem to explain it. BG

    BillKirch, Oct 24, 2003
  5. BillKirch

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    oads (BillKirch) wrote in

    > I know I misspelled it. Hey was misspronouncing it ....he's 11. So
    > could someone give me an Idea what it is ..please. He can't seem to
    > explain it. BG

    Since he can't explain it and you don't know what it is you don't need it.

    But as a simple explanation, you sign up with someone for a linux shell
    account. You can then log into their linux server from your machine and
    run commands on it. Back in the day, many people would do this for
    websurfing with a text based browser.

    You don't need one though.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 24, 2003
  6. BillKirch