linksys wrv54g

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. I installed a replacement linksys wireless router wrv54g. When windows xp
    loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems to
    function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone experienced
    this problem?
     
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=, Jan 11, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=

    Malke Guest

    Jerry wrote:

    > I installed a replacement linksys wireless router wrv54g. When
    > windows xp
    > loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems
    > to
    > function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone
    > experienced this problem?


    That's just the color of the light on that particular router. My Linksys
    Wireless-G access point has an amber light for LAN, too.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
     
    Malke, Jan 11, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. I don't believe that is correct.
    The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the previous
    same model router had a green light during operation..

    "Malke" wrote:

    > Jerry wrote:
    >
    > > I installed a replacement linksys wireless router wrv54g. When
    > > windows xp
    > > loads desktop, my green light on LAN port turn to amber. System seems
    > > to
    > > function properly but cannot correct the amber light. Has anyone
    > > experienced this problem?

    >
    > That's just the color of the light on that particular router. My Linksys
    > Wireless-G access point has an amber light for LAN, too.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=, Jan 11, 2005
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=

    Malke Guest

    Jerry wrote:

    > I don't believe that is correct.
    > The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the
    > previous same model router had a green light during operation..
    >

    Well, my light is amber and my network has been working perfectly for
    over a year and the colors match up to what is specified in the manual
    for my device. If your device is different and your manual says the
    light should be green, contact Linksys tech support for advice as to
    what is wrong and for a possible replacement.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
     
    Malke, Jan 12, 2005
    #4
  5. I had this problem and it actually went to red. Discussion with techs
    revealed that plugging in the router first and then the modem or vice versa
    is the problem. Simply unplug both from the wall, then plug the router in
    first followed by the modem. If that fails, unplug both from the wall, plug
    in the modem first followed by the router. One of these two worked for my
    system.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > Jerry wrote:
    >
    > > I don't believe that is correct.
    > > The light is green before windows desktop loads. In addition, the
    > > previous same model router had a green light during operation..
    > >

    > Well, my light is amber and my network has been working perfectly for
    > over a year and the colors match up to what is specified in the manual
    > for my device. If your device is different and your manual says the
    > light should be green, contact Linksys tech support for advice as to
    > what is wrong and for a possible replacement.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?U2t1bGxib25l?=, Jan 12, 2005
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. mbike
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,537
    mbike
    Feb 1, 2004
  2. BG
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    4,384
    DAMnet
    Aug 12, 2006
  3. Linksys WRV54G

    , May 25, 2005, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    518
  4. spencerwill.com
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    4,306
    Peter
    May 26, 2005
  5. sphealey
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    2,303
Loading...

Share This Page