    1) Can the WRT54GX be used as a repeater? the 3com 8760 can.

    2) Can the 3com united be used as a basic wireless unit?

    3) Will a regular SMA antenna fit on both? Will SMA fit R-SMA ?

    HotRdd, May 29, 2007

  2. Hi
    As is the WRT54GX4 can not be used as a Repeater. Take a look at the free
    3rd party firmware (DD-WRT) it might enable it to work as a repeater,
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php?title=DD-WRT_Docu_(EN)
    The 3com 8760 can work as a Main Wireless source. However you sholud be
    aware that the device is an Access Point.
    I.e you need to connect it to a Router that is connected to the Modem.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 30, 2007

  3. HotRdd

    HotRdd Guest

    Any recommendations of what models I should look at for a good long distance
    repeater? I'm looking for something that will capture the signle and boost
    it.

    HotRdd, May 30, 2007
  4. HotRdd

    HotRdd Guest

    I have some of the hardware already but still have the chance to buy some
    additional hardware. I already have some hi-gain antenna's that are TNC or
    SMA to TNC compatible. And some Linksys WRT54G Wireless routers. I guess I
    just don't understand how it all works together. Is it possible to connect
    your wifi "notebook" to the wireless access point/bridge or will it just
    recieve the signal and then you need an additional wireless router to
    re-broadcast?

    Do I need an Access Point/Bridge at point A (to Send) and B (to Recieve) or
    just on at point B to recieve the signal?

    HotRdd, May 30, 2007
  5. Hi

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 30, 2007