    between the one that works and the others is that the one that works is a G
    and the others are B..i verified that the router is sending mixed signals and
    ideas?
    =?Utf-8?B?Vm1hbg==?=, Dec 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Vm1hbg==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    If the other computers are using 802.11b hardware, does the hardware indeed
    support WPA-PSK?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Dec 15, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Vm1hbg==?= <> wrote in

    > I have recently changed my security settings to WPA-PSK and only
    > one computer and a pda can accept the signal the other computers
    > such as my laptop and another stand alone upstairs won't accept
    > the signal i get no error it just doesn't connect...with my laptop
    > i use the radio software for a dell inspiron and the one computer
    > that works i used the wireless network tab and entered the
    > password i created and it works fine...the only difference between
    > the one that works and the others is that the one that works is a
    > G and the others are B..i verified that the router is sending
    > mixed signals and ideas?

    When switching to WPA, all devices in your wireless network community
    must also support WPA. Check the website of your wireless card,
    motherboard manufacturer, or computer company (as applies) for updates
    to the wireless drivers. Recently, wireless drivers seem to be the
    most updated of the lot -- probably because of issues like this. My
    daughter has a Wireless-B card in her laptop computer that works just
    fine with my WRT54GS but I did have to download the latest driver for
    the old PCMCIA wireless card in her computer.

    Good Luck,
    John
    John Wunderlich, Dec 15, 2006
  4. Thanks!! you was right!