    any way I can use the WRT54G as a repeater or a print server?

    Cheers,

    Neil
    Neil Barras, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Neil Barras

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Neil Barras wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Linksys WRT54G connected to my ntl cable service which is paid
    > for by my eployer, and have just had word in the last week from them that
    > they have begun to realise that most of its home-working employees use the
    > internet for leisure use as well as their work, and so, are pushing
    > everyone
    > onto a single contract ADSL ISP. This means, unless I can use my current
    > router on the ADSL modem, I have to buy a seperate ADSL router. Is there
    > any way I can use the WRT54G as a repeater or a print server?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Neil

    I think you're going to have to buy the ADSL router.

    You can turn the 54g into a wire/wireless switch and plug it into the ADSL
    router. Wire and wireless computers can use the 54G as a switch and the
    ADSL router will be the gateway device. You can plug a standalone print
    server into the 54g too. If you set it up right machines conneded to both
    routers can share resources.

    http://tinyurl.com/486gk

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 30, 2004