    Any suggestions on what type of filter I need in the ATA box
    to make this work?

    Thanks
    SPD, Sep 28, 2004

  2. SPD

    BlueRinse Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:32:36 -0400, SPD wrote:

    > I have a version 2 BEFSR41 cable/dsl router. I want to use
    > a Cisco ATA186 behind this box. I have the ATA setup and the SIP proxy I
    > want to register with even sees register attempts however the register is
    > not successful nor can I make calls.

    Turn off DMZ.

    Find the port forwarding page

    5060 TCP/UDP to the ip of your ATA
    Also forward a range of RTP ports to the same ip.
    (see the ATA config web page I think it
    says "1024-65535, default 5004")

    Sometimes it's easier to set a fixed ip for the ATA or SIP phone.

    I think port forwarding should help you. Look at "sip port forward
    linksys" on Google for more info.
    BlueRinse, Sep 28, 2004