    the SPA in my router table).
    Thanks
    Roger.
    Roger Barrett, Jul 27, 2006

  2. Roger Barrett wrote:
    > Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
    > filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I disable
    > MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
    > the SPA in my router table).
    > Thanks
    > Roger.

    I may just be being silly, but isn't MAC filtering usually only on
    wireless devices that can ast as an AP, and then generally only related
    to the wireless clients connecting to them?
    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Roger Barrett wrote:
    > Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
    > filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I disable
    > MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
    > the SPA in my router table).
    > Thanks
    > Roger.

    I may just be being silly, but isn't MAC filtering in SOHO wireless
    devices usually only on wireless devices that can ast as an AP, and then
    generally only related to the wireless clients connecting to them?
    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 27, 2006
  4. "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    > Roger Barrett wrote:
    >> Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
    >> filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I
    >> disable
    >> MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
    >> the SPA in my router table).
    >> Thanks
    >> Roger.
    >>

    > I may just be being silly, but isn't MAC filtering usually only on
    > wireless devices that can ast as an AP, and then generally only related
    > to the wireless clients connecting to them?

    yes - the adapter is a client connecting to the router (AP)
    Roger Barrett, Jul 27, 2006
  5. Roger Barrett

    Lansbury Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:46:48 GMT, "Roger Barrett" <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
    >filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I disable
    >MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
    >the SPA in my router table).

    Yes had one for some weeks. Running ok with MAC filtering turned on.

    I did have to set it up first with filtering turned off, and then turned it
    back on again.

    --
    Lansbury
    www.uk-air.net
    Lansbury, Jul 27, 2006
  6. "Lansbury" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:46:48 GMT, "Roger Barrett"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
    >>filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I
    >>disable
    >>MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
    >>the SPA in my router table).

    > Yes had one for some weeks. Running ok with MAC filtering turned on.
    >
    > I did have to set it up first with filtering turned off, and then turned
    > it
    > back on again.
    >

    > --
    > Lansbury
    > www.uk-air.net
    > FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

    as it happens my Belkin pre-N router gave up in the heat today and I had to
    run out and buy another router. Bought a netgear and it works fine with that
    so it must have been a peculiarity of the Belkin.
    Roger Barrett, Jul 27, 2006