    I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G

    Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system

    TIA!

    EvilDeus, Nov 19, 2006

  2. EvilDeus

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:23:41 +0000, EvilDeus Has Frothed:

    > I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
    >
    > Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
    >

    > TIA!

    http://192.168.1.1

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Nov 19, 2006

  3. EvilDeus

    SJP Guest

    "EvilDeus" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
    >
    > Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
    >

    > TIA!

    192.168.1.1

    SJP, Nov 19, 2006
  4. EvilDeus

    SJP Guest

    "SJP" <> wrote in message

    > "EvilDeus" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
    >>
    >> Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
    >>

    >> TIA!

    http://192.168.1.1

    A new window will appear and ask for a "User name" and "Password." Leave the
    User name space blank, type in your router's password (admin is the default
    password), then click OK.

    SJP, Nov 19, 2006
  5. EvilDeus

    EvilDeus Guest

    Thank you, and to further replies....

    Evildeus!

    EvilDeus, Nov 19, 2006
  6. EvilDeus

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:23:41 GMT, EvilDeus wrote:

    Another 1. Avoiding spam by using an address that isn't yours may be
    okay if you have the owners permission.

    Registrant:
    Mosher, Shaun
    ATTN: YOUR.NET
    c/o Network Solutions
    P.O. Box 447
    Herndon, VA. 20172-0447
    Domain Name: YOUR.NET

    You ISP has notes on avoiding spam.
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid

    >I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G

    WRK seems not to be in the list for the Linksys UK site,
    http://www-uk.linksys.com there is also what looked like 3 versions on
    the US site..

    >Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system

    That would be the address as factory delivered or after you or somone
    else changed the settings?

    RTFM.

    If no M,

    STFW

    If still no luck, www.linksys.com try Support / Downloads.

    Me

    why?, Nov 19, 2006
  7. EvilDeus

    Fred Kasner Guest

    SJP wrote:
    > "SJP" <> wrote in message
    >> "EvilDeus" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have a Linksys Wireless Router WRK54G
    >>>
    >>> Need the HTTP address for the buit in menu system
    >>>

    >>> TIA!
    >>>

    > http://192.168.1.1
    >
    > A new window will appear and ask for a "User name" and "Password." Leave the
    > User name space blank, type in your router's password (admin is the default
    > password), then click OK.

    My router (Netgear) has somewhat different settings to get to the
    router's software. http://192.168.0.1 . Then it presents you with a page
    that has as the default user name "admin". The password is something you
    personally change. But before it was installed the default password was
    abundantly clear. I suspect that Linksys has a very similar type of
    setup to access the settings for the router.
    FK

    Fred Kasner, Nov 20, 2006
  8. EvilDeus

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:26:51 +0000, Fred Kasner Has Frothed:

    > SJP wrote:
    >> "SJP" <> wrote in message
    >>> "EvilDeus" <> wrote in message

    >> http://192.168.1.1
    >>
    >> A new window will appear and ask for a "User name" and "Password." Leave the
    >> User name space blank, type in your router's password (admin is the default
    >> password), then click OK.
    >>

    > My router (Netgear) has somewhat different settings to get to the
    > router's software. http://192.168.0.1 . Then it presents you with a page
    > that has as the default user name "admin". The password is something you
    > personally change. But before it was installed the default password was
    > abundantly clear. I suspect that Linksys has a very similar type of
    > setup to access the settings for the router.

    Nope it's exactly as SJP described it.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Nov 20, 2006
  9. EvilDeus

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:26:51 GMT, Fred Kasner wrote:

    >SJP wrote:
    >> "SJP" <> wrote in message
    >>> "EvilDeus" <> wrote in message

    >> http://192.168.1.1
    >>
    >> A new window will appear and ask for a "User name" and "Password." Leave the
    >> User name space blank, type in your router's password (admin is the default
    >> password), then click OK.
    >>

    >My router (Netgear) has somewhat different settings to get to the
    >router's software. http://192.168.0.1 . Then it presents you with a page

    Doesn't count it's different, that's Netgear, and Belkin is different
    yet again 192.168.2.1. BT ADSL modem was something daft like home/ but
    really 192.168.1.1

    You will get to know the different defaults after a while.

    Me

    why?, Nov 21, 2006