    The problem is, I can't get either computer to access the internet through
    the WAG54G, only through my old Speedtouch Modem. I am a newbie to this sort
    of thing, so any help would be appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9ic3Rlcm9r?=, Dec 23, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG9ic3Rlcm9r?=

    nospam Guest

    You need to configure the WAG54G:-

    First get a wired connection working between your pc and WAG54G before
    trying the wireless.

    Using IE connect to 192.168.1.1 and setup the parameters to connect to your
    provider (username, password, VCI, VPI - the provider can tell you what
    values to use for these).

    You might want to check IE.Tools InternetOptions.Connections Never dial a
    connection - is selected.

    I think that was all that was necessary. If you've done all that with no
    luck then try :-
    IE.Tools InternetOptions.Connections Add.. ConnectToTheNetworkViaBroadband

    If you stil have problems the turn off any firewall - just to test the
    etup - and gradually reintroduce rules to see which are causing you probs.

    In addition to all the above you will want change the admin password, set
    wireless encryption, SSID, etc asap.

    Hope this helps

    nospam, Dec 23, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TG9ic3Rlcm9r?=

    Thomas Guest

    hi i have the same router....i just used the setup disk that comes with the
    router....dont connect any cables till you run the set up disk..

    Thomas, Dec 24, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TG9ic3Rlcm9r?=

    Vballjim Guest

    Usually if you are going to change a Cable modem, you will
    need to tell your ISP the WAN address of your new modem.
    THey have to tell their system to look for that specific
    address. Give that a try.

    Vballjim, Dec 29, 2004
  5. I can now access the internet through on the downstairs computer, but not on
    the upstairs. The upstairs computer says that the signal strength is
    excellant. I have tried using ICS, and setting up wireless networks but it
    just won't seem to work. Can anyone give me any tips?

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9ic3Rlcm9r?=, Jan 23, 2005
  6. "Lobsterok" <> wrote in message
    > I can now access the internet through on the downstairs computer, but not

    on
    > the upstairs. The upstairs computer says that the signal strength is
    > excellant. I have tried using ICS, and setting up wireless networks but it
    > just won't seem to work. Can anyone give me any tips?

    Are you getting a valid IP address on the computer?

    --
    Joseph Stewart

    Joseph Stewart, Jan 26, 2005