Linksys Wireless network

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Huw Rowlands, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Huw Rowlands

    Huw Rowlands Guest

    Hi,
    I'm trying to install a Linksys Wireless G PCI adapter; however when I
    insert the software the install screen opens and then closes again.

    I've got the network up and running talking to a PCMCIA card on a laptop,
    which installed fine, however I was wondering if anyone new of any problems
    with the PCI card software? - XP can see the card and tires to manage it,
    however can't obtain an IP from the router (I've checked its DHCP enabled).

    I running a Celeron 400 with XP

    Any help would be gratefully received,

    Regards,

    Huw
    Huw Rowlands, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Huw Rowlands

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Huw Rowlands" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    > I'm trying to install a Linksys Wireless G PCI adapter; however when I
    > insert the software the install screen opens and then closes again.

    You can go to the Linksys Web site and download the driver for the card and
    install it and configure the card with Device Manager.

    > I've got the network up and running talking to a PCMCIA card on a
    > laptop, which installed fine, however I was wondering if anyone new of
    > any problems with the PCI card software? - XP can see the card and
    > tires to manage it, however can't obtain an IP from the router (I've
    > checked its DHCP enabled).

    You may have some mis-configuration WAP keys not matching between card and
    router.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 28, 2004