Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Patrick Whittle, Jun 26, 2009.

  1. Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that
    plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.
    Patrick Whittle, Jun 26, 2009

  2. Patrick Whittle

    Daddy Guest

    You couldn't find any more newsgroups to cross-post to?

    Daddy

    Daddy, Jun 26, 2009

  3. Patrick Whittle

    Raymond Shaw Guest

    "Patrick Whittle" <> wrote:

    >Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal, that
    >plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

    It plugs into the computer's PCI bus? Maybe that's why it's called a
    PCI Adapter... ya think?
    Raymond Shaw, Jun 26, 2009
  4. "Patrick Whittle" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter? It's an internal,
    > that plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

    No, I have not, but it's just a wireless adapter, and all adapters are
    pretty similar in functionality.

    Do you have a question regarding a problem or how to use it?

    --
    Ace

    confers no rights.

    Please reply back to the newsgroup/forum to benefit from collaboration among
    responding engineers, as well as to help others benefit from your
    resolution.

    Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    http://twitter.com/acefekay

    For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please
    Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer], Jun 26, 2009
  5. Patrick Whittle

    Natéag Guest

    I have it, and it is great.
    But other brands probably would work just as well.

    Natéag, Jun 26, 2009
  6. "Natéag" <> wrote in message
    >I have it, and it is great.
    > But other brands probably would work just as well.

    Good to hear. Hopefully your feedback will help others when making a
    decision on which brand and model to choose.

    Ace
    Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer], Jun 26, 2009
  7. "Natéag" <> wrote in message
    >I have it, and it is great.
    > But other brands probably would work just as well.

    Natéag,

    I meant to add that I hope it also helps the original poster, but then
    again, based on his post, I'm not sure if he had a problem or not with the
    NIC.

    Cheers!

    Ace
    Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer], Jun 26, 2009
  8. Hi
    Wireless is about signal propagation.
    Place the system so that it is High and away from the wall so it would not
    be stifled between the Case and the Wall.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jun 26, 2009
  9. Patrick Whittle

    Natéag Guest

    As I wrote it works flawlessly. That may be due to the antenna,
    which is lets say, gigantic.

    de news:...

    Natéag, Jun 27, 2009
  10. I ended up buying an external D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band gigbit router. I
    know enough about 802.11n from previous, but do you know streaming...
    High-Definition, and other media? ... the 5GHz band.

    http://support.dlink.ca/products/view.asp?productid=DIR-825

    Patrick Whittle, Jun 27, 2009
  11. We have had no problems!!

    Patrick Whittle, Jun 27, 2009
  12. "Patrick Whittle" <> wrote in message
    >I ended up buying an external D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band gigbit router. I
    >know enough about 802.11n from previous, but do you know streaming...
    >High-Definition, and other media? ... the 5GHz band.
    >
    > http://support.dlink.ca/products/view.asp?productid=DIR-825

    No, not really, at least not with wireless, if that's what you mean? From
    what it says at that link, it can send/receive data on two different bands
    simultaneously, but I would assume to get this to work, you'll need a Dlink
    card that supports their implementation.

    Ace
    Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer], Jun 28, 2009
  13. Well... wireless-N, is wireless-N

    Patrick Whittle, Jun 29, 2009
  14. Patrick Whittle

    Curious Guest

    If you want to use both bands with the same PC you would need 2 PC wireless
    cards. I believe that there are download applications that will use two
    cards at the same time to reduce download time. AFAIK a more common use of
    the dual functionality is to support two different wireless client
    concurrently.

    Curious, Jun 29, 2009
  15. "Patrick Whittle" <> wrote in message
    > Well... wireless-N, is wireless-N

    Yes, I know that. I meant with High-Definition, and other media, answering
    your question as to whether I've worked with it or not.

    As for wireless, I've implemented multiple Cisco APs using AD and GPO
    Certificate Autoenrollment with WPA2. Matter of fact, I wrote a paper on it.
    And for video, we used a third party product to handle video conferencing,
    with their own bridge, etc, and the clients (wired and wireless) simply used
    the client side app.

    But to answer your specific question, no, I haven't used Dlink's
    implementation.

    Ace
    Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer], Jun 29, 2009
  16. Patrick Whittle

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jun 26, 2:41 pm, "Patrick Whittle" <>
    wrote:
    > Has anyone used the Linksys Wireless-N PCI Adapter?  It's an internal, that
    > plugs into the PCI bus of your computer.

    Head over to Linksys Support Community forums.
    smlunatick, Jul 2, 2009