linksys wifi card "not connected"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Oct 11, 2007.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    Compaq Armada M700 Widnows XP Home.
    Linksys PCM wireless notebook "g" card.

    Installed program through the disk with no problems. Plug the card in,
    icon changes from grey to green showing the card is working just fine.
    Opening the dialog window shows all is ok except no connection is ever
    achieved.

    In the systemtray the standard icon appears with a red x. Double
    clicking the icon starts the windows search for networks which it
    can't do because I'm using other software.

    Viewing the status of the networks it shows "not connected". Please
    turn your switch on. Well I have no switch on this lap top as my other
    one does. So how do you "connect"?

    I've done it before but it's been some time and I do not recall
    something.
    The last time I went through the process of creating a new network and
    it worked. So I know it can work, I just need a refresher on that
    which I am missing.

    I don't see the need of creating yet another network as I've got 5 of
    them already with only 2 showing.
    richard, Oct 11, 2007