    1
    My Compaq Presario V3015's Internal Wireless Adapter has died so I recently bought an Linksys Expresscard WEC600N to replace it. After installing the software (The Linksys monitor) everything on the program is grayed out except for "exit" which closes the program. After looking at device manager, the adapter isn't even listed their. For some reason, even when just plugging the adapter in after an uninstallation of the software and a restart of the computer, the device never gets detected even when it is clearly on (two blue lights for Power and Link/act). I've tried switching to Windows Wireless Zero connection but under network adapters, it doesn't even show a wireless option, just an LAN one. At this point, I've given up googling up forums to get an answer as well as the tech support and speaking to a guy who can barely manage to understand English. I'm pretty sure its not so much a hardware issue as it is a software one. Everything works fine except for anything related to wireless capabilities on this laptop. Any help would be much appreciated.

    - Kevin

    stridergx35, Jan 3, 2009

  2. stridergx35

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    Hi Kevin, Mabe the connection does no appear because the adaptor can connect to a network yet. Whit Linksys product u don't have to use the program to connect to wireless. Google StarupCPL and install this startup cleaning program. U will find him in the control panel. Unclick the Linksys assistant and reboot. And try setting your connection whit the microsoft regular program. If your adaptor is still not detected. I'm affraid the slot might be damage. Or that your old adaptor was not the defective part. Still before giving up, I would try a few driver cleaning program, CCleaner, and a fresh install.

    technoplume, Jan 9, 2009