    1 wan port??? Do or can you set more than 1 vlan to a port on the
    switch?

    Thanks
    gene martinez, Sep 13, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    gene martinez <> wrote:
    >I was looking at the doc's for the Linksys wap54gp and it talked about
    >7 ssid's and vlans. What type of switch do you need to connect this
    >unit. I have an old cisco 2900 and have it broken down into 4
    >different vlans, but how do you connect them to the linksys with only
    >1 wan port??? Do or can you set more than 1 vlan to a port on the
    >switch?

    On the 2900XL:

    interface <whatever>
    switchport
    switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,209,305
    switchport mode trunk

    Note: 2900xl systems with only 4 megabytes did not support vlans
    at all, except for the 2916M with appropriate software. However,
    some of the software versions for the 2900XL devices only supported ISL
    VLANs, which are not compatible with the linksys vlan.
    Walter Roberson, Sep 13, 2006

  3. (Walter Roberson) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >gene martinez <> wrote:
    >>I was looking at the doc's for the Linksys wap54gp and it talked about
    >>7 ssid's and vlans. What type of switch do you need to connect this
    >>unit. I have an old cisco 2900 and have it broken down into 4
    >>different vlans, but how do you connect them to the linksys with only
    >>1 wan port??? Do or can you set more than 1 vlan to a port on the
    >>switch?

    >On the 2900XL:
    >
    >interface <whatever>
    >switchport
    >switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    >switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,209,305
    >switchport mode trunk
    >

    >Note: 2900xl systems with only 4 megabytes did not support vlans
    >at all, except for the 2916M with appropriate software. However,
    >some of the software versions for the 2900XL devices only supported ISL
    >VLANs, which are not compatible with the linksys vlan.

    Thanks for all the info, I'll have a look and see what happens...
    gene martinez, Sep 13, 2006