    time it fails, that's one problem. My major issue is that the PCMCIA
    wireless card in the notebook would lose it's connection many times a day,
    it maybe an issue with SP-2 but not sure.
    Clayton, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Clayton

    Malke Guest

    Clayton wrote:

    > I brought this router about 6 months ago and now and then the wired
    > router would stop working and no lights on the front indicating it
    > being down, I would power it off and on again and would start working
    > again until the next time it fails, that's one problem. My major issue
    > is that the PCMCIA wireless card in the notebook would lose it's
    > connection many times a day, it maybe an issue with SP-2 but not sure.

    If the lights on the wired router are going off, then you either have a
    problem with your ISP or the router is failing (hardware). Just because
    the hardware is new doesn't mean it can't fail. If the router is
    failing (I assume you have a combination wired/wireless router since
    you didn't specify), that would explain the loss of connectivity.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Dec 6, 2004

  3. "My major issue is that the PCMCIA wireless card in the notebook would lose
    it's connection many times a day, it maybe an issue with SP-2 but not sure."

    For what it's worth - I had the issue where my PCMIA cards were dropping
    the connection and would not re-establish unless I rebooted. I turned out to
    be an issue with strong encryption - with encryption removed, they work
    fine. It took about two weeks of calls to and from tech support at Belkin to
    sort this out.
    Odd.

    Mick

    There is a solution!"

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    news.ntlworld.com, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    There is no encryption set, I would like to know if the problem is with the
    router or PCMCIA card

    Clayton, Dec 6, 2004
  5. The problem is most likely with the router. As a simple test, why don't you
    try connecting to other wireless networks that you have access to, like
    maybe a friend's, using the PCMCIA card.

    Peter Bui[MS], Dec 8, 2004
  6. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    I have connected to the router using my Toshiba Tecra 8200 notebook with the
    internal wireless built in and that has been very stable, I think this
    notebook runs a or b and not the g

    Clayton, Dec 10, 2004