    PLEASE any help, getting very frustrated!!

    Thanks in advance.

    PA

    PA, Mar 18, 2008

  2. PA

    TheFug Guest

    PA schreef:
    > Hi I have a linksys wrp200 and I cannot get it to work with voipbuster
    > (or any similar product) I have followed the instruction in freespeech
    > (http://support.freespeech.co.uk/index.php?
    > _m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=77) and change
    > configuration but it just does not register....
    >
    > PLEASE any help, getting very frustrated!!
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > PA

    Most of the time...... NAT is the blame ! at the end of the help page
    you see them mentioning somithing about that, also since this device has
    no own modem, you should also check the NAT related settings in your own
    modem / router, if you doo can setup the connection with your voip
    provider with a softphone, this proves, it's a NAT problem, also some
    ports should be open in your firewall for the Voip serviceses...

    otherwise... reset the settings, and start all over again, this is the
    situation expected, of any user guide...

    --

    The Fug.

    ( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )

    TheFug, Mar 18, 2008

  3. PA

    Hongtian Guest

    On 18 Mar, 17:58, PA <> wrote:
    > Hi I have a linksys wrp200 and I cannot get it to work with voipbuster
    > (or any similar product) I have followed the instruction in freespeech
    > (http://support.freespeech.co.uk/index.php?
    > _m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=77) and change
    > configuration but it just does not register....
    >
    > PLEASE any help, getting very frustrated!!
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > PA

    It is possible that some configurations are wrong, such as auth ID,
    passward, even the proxy address, etc.

    In another way, please configure STUN in this client. You can contact
    voipbuster to get their STUN server address.

    If possible, please capture SIP messages and post them here. Then, we
    can analysis what happened.

    Hongtian, Mar 20, 2008
  4. PA

    PA Guest

    Hi again, thanks for all the help!

    Still not working, but getting there.

    This router is connected to another router (netgear FVS318) and this
    sems to be the problem, because when I connect the WRP200 direclty to
    the internet (via PPOE and a modem in bridge mode) it worked!

    I have open ports 3830, 5600 (seems to be the one used by voipbuster)
    and 3478 (stun server) I have also redirected to the WRP200.

    Another issue is that (God knows why) my netgear does not pick DNS
    servers and I have to introduce it manually, I tried in the wrp200 to
    do both ways (automatic and manual) and none worked.

    Thanks again

    PA

    PA, Mar 26, 2008
  5. PA

    Flyer Guest

    "PA" <> wrote in message
    > Hi again, thanks for all the help!
    >
    > Still not working, but getting there.
    >
    > This router is connected to another router (netgear FVS318) and this
    > sems to be the problem, because when I connect the WRP200 direclty to
    > the internet (via PPOE and a modem in bridge mode) it worked!
    >
    > I have open ports 3830, 5600 (seems to be the one used by voipbuster)
    > and 3478 (stun server) I have also redirected to the WRP200.
    >
    > Another issue is that (God knows why) my netgear does not pick DNS
    > servers and I have to introduce it manually, I tried in the wrp200 to
    > do both ways (automatic and manual) and none worked.

    my FVS318 has been as solid as a rock for 4-5 years, only changed it
    because NTL are upgrading me from 4 to 10mb later this year, and the 318
    only had a 10Mb WAN interface.
    Never used it with VOIP though.

    I currently have ports 5060-5070, 53, 69 & 10000-20000 (all UDP) forwarded
    through to the PAP2, Sipgate & Draytel both work fine, so far ;-)

    P.

    Flyer, Mar 26, 2008
  6. PA

    PA Guest

  7. PA

    Jono Guest

  8. PA

    PA Guest

    I tried putting the gateway address, the open dns ip addresses and
    replace the sip server address by its ip address. nothing worked.

    Thanks anyway,.

    PA

    PA, Mar 28, 2008