    anyone verify this for me? (Or suggest a better alternative!)

    Thanks,

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Feb 26, 2008

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Herman Guest

    "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    news:fq1if6$2v8c$...
    > I'm after an ATA that can have one BT line plugged into it and one
    > analogue phone, and manage at least one SIP account.
    >
    > Nothing out of the ordinary there, I guess, however I want the ability
    > to be able to put an incoming caller on the BT line "on hold", make a
    > call on the SIP line, and then transfer the call from the BT line to the
    > SIP line (the ATA acting as a bridge or mini PBX in this instance)
    >
    > (The SIP account will be on a virtual PBX and other phones connected to
    > the same vPBX and we want to transfer the call to one of these phones)
    >
    > And yes, I know this will tie-up the BT line and maybe even the local
    > phone and SIP line for the duration of the call, but that's not an issue
    > here...
    >
    > Looking at the SPA3102, it seems like this will do the trick, but can
    > anyone verify this for me? (Or suggest a better alternative!)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gordon

    The Fritz!Box range are spec'ed to do this, but transfers do not work for me
    on the 7050 with the latest firmware (even though they should). That may
    not be a typical experience.

    Herman, Feb 26, 2008

  3. Gordon Henderson

    Jono Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote :
    > I'm after an ATA that can have one BT line plugged into it and one
    > analogue phone, and manage at least one SIP account.
    >
    > Nothing out of the ordinary there, I guess, however I want the ability
    > to be able to put an incoming caller on the BT line "on hold", make a
    > call on the SIP line, and then transfer the call from the BT line to the
    > SIP line (the ATA acting as a bridge or mini PBX in this instance)
    >
    > (The SIP account will be on a virtual PBX and other phones connected to
    > the same vPBX and we want to transfer the call to one of these phones)
    >
    > And yes, I know this will tie-up the BT line and maybe even the local
    > phone and SIP line for the duration of the call, but that's not an issue
    > here...
    >
    > Looking at the SPA3102, it seems like this will do the trick, but can
    > anyone verify this for me? (Or suggest a better alternative!)

    I can certainly do all that with my SPA3000.....although not in quite
    the same configuration:

    The PSTN side is registered as a trunk to the PBX and the SIP extension
    is registered to the same PBX.

    I can put a BT call on hold & transfer it to any of the extensions, or
    for that matter, any external number the PBX allows.

    I've not tried to do what you're after without the PBX sitting in the
    middle.

    Jono, Feb 26, 2008
  4. In article <>,
    Jono <> wrote:
    >Gordon Henderson wrote :
    >> I'm after an ATA that can have one BT line plugged into it and one
    >> analogue phone, and manage at least one SIP account.
    >>
    >> Nothing out of the ordinary there, I guess, however I want the ability
    >> to be able to put an incoming caller on the BT line "on hold", make a
    >> call on the SIP line, and then transfer the call from the BT line to the
    >> SIP line (the ATA acting as a bridge or mini PBX in this instance)
    >>
    >> (The SIP account will be on a virtual PBX and other phones connected to
    >> the same vPBX and we want to transfer the call to one of these phones)
    >>
    >> And yes, I know this will tie-up the BT line and maybe even the local
    >> phone and SIP line for the duration of the call, but that's not an issue
    >> here...
    >>
    >> Looking at the SPA3102, it seems like this will do the trick, but can
    >> anyone verify this for me? (Or suggest a better alternative!)

    >I can certainly do all that with my SPA3000.....although not in quite
    >the same configuration:
    >
    >The PSTN side is registered as a trunk to the PBX and the SIP extension
    >is registered to the same PBX.
    >
    >I can put a BT call on hold & transfer it to any of the extensions, or
    >for that matter, any external number the PBX allows.
    >
    >I've not tried to do what you're after without the PBX sitting in the
    >middle.

    Well, they have a PBX... but it's at the end of another bit of ADSL and
    porting the BT line into the VoIP platform isn't an option right now...
    (It will be, but not for several months yet)

    Thanks,

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Feb 26, 2008
  5. Gordon Henderson

    Jono Guest

    Gordon Henderson presented the following explanation :
    > Well, they have a PBX... but it's at the end of another bit of ADSL and
    > porting the BT line into the VoIP platform isn't an option right now...
    > (It will be, but not for several months yet)

    Could still be done over the ADSL....I'll experiment at the weekend
    with my Mother's SPA3102.

    She can certainly do a 3-way call, The three parties being my Mum, a BT
    caller & a Sipgate caller. What I'm not sure of is what happens if she
    then hangs up....

    Jono, Feb 26, 2008
  6. Gordon Henderson

    Jono Guest

    Gordon Henderson laid this down on his screen :
    >>> (The SIP account will be on a virtual PBX and other phones connected to
    >>> the same vPBX and we want to transfer the call to one of these phones)

    I wonder how Voipfone are implementing call transfer on PSTN lines..?

    <http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Voipfone_For_Your_BT_Line.php>

    Jono, Feb 26, 2008
  7. Gordon Henderson

    alexd Guest

    On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:55:23 +0000, Jono wrote:

    > I wonder how Voipfone are implementing call transfer on PSTN lines..?
    >
    > <http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Voipfone_For_Your_BT_Line.php>

    I believe they're using a wholesale service provided by Gamma to do this.
    I know of a switchless carrier who use Gamma and do this sort of thing
    also - one of their claims for it is to port numbers from any area code
    to your PSTN.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    09:05:11 up 2 days, 16:56, 1 user, load average: 0.23, 0.09, 0.02

    alexd, Feb 27, 2008