    old man Guest

    Is there any real diff. other than price between
    Linksys SPA 3000 (£45) and Sipura SPA3000 (£80)

    old man, Mar 28, 2006

  2. old man

    Tim Guest

    old man wrote:
    > Is there any real diff. other than price between
    > Linksys SPA 3000 (£45) and Sipura SPA3000 (£80)

    They are the same hardware - I've taken them apart and the circuit
    boards are identical. It just the moulding around which is different.

    45 is very cheap though. Where are you getting them from?

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 28, 2006

  3. Tim wrote:
    > old man wrote:
    >> Is there any real diff. other than price between
    >> Linksys SPA 3000 (£45) and Sipura SPA3000 (£80)

    > They are the same hardware - I've taken them apart and the circuit
    > boards are identical. It just the moulding around which is different.
    >
    > 45 is very cheap though. Where are you getting them from?

    If it's redstore (£45.85 + VAT) I wouldn't recommend it, I ordered one
    on the 10th and they still haven;t despatched it. (or replied to my
    email asking when).

    Maybe I should phone them.

    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 28, 2006
  4. old man

    old man Guest

    Various sites listing eg dabs £45.82 inc vat + delivery of course

    old man, Mar 28, 2006
  5. old man

    DJ Guest

    In message <69dWf.37985$>, old man
    <> writes
    >Various sites listing eg dabs £45.82 inc vat + delivery of course
    >
    >"Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> old man wrote:
    >> > Is there any real diff. other than price between
    >> > Linksys SPA 3000 (£45) and Sipura SPA3000 (£80)

    >> They are the same hardware - I've taken them apart and the circuit
    >> boards are identical. It just the moulding around which is different.
    >>
    >> 45 is very cheap though. Where are you getting them from?
    >>
    >> Tim

    I can't see any SPA3000 on Dabs site, only a PAP2 at that price.

    --
    DJ

    DJ, Mar 28, 2006
  6. old man

    old man Guest

    According to the Linksys site when looking at SPA3000 and doing where to buy
    it links direct to this Dabs page
    Allthough it gives a model # as you said, checking other sites which give #
    SPA3000 it appears to be the same. prices vary from £45 - £49 approx

    old man, Mar 28, 2006
  7. old man

    corb Guest

    Anyone has a link for these ?

    corb, Mar 28, 2006
  8. old man

    old man Guest

    http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...lectedId=11211&fb=468&NavigationKey=11211&v=2
    or http://tinyurl.com/fxuu9

    http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/S...308563&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper
    or http://tinyurl.com/l3hnk

    old man, Mar 28, 2006
  9. old man

    Guest

    , Mar 28, 2006
  10. old man

    corb Guest

    corb, Mar 28, 2006
  11. In The Netherlands, the Linksys 3000 is sold for Euro (not Pound Sterling)
    49,95 incl VAT 19% at MediaMarkt (a store from German origine).
    It is part of a deal for SIP telephony which is also dirt cheap (E 9,95/mo
    incl free calling to all NL landline numbers).<
    Bit the Linksys 3000 box can be reconfired without any problem.

    Grz Henk

    Henk van Andel, Mar 28, 2006
  12. old man

    old man Guest

    Depending which uk site you visit, you'll find the Linksys listed as either
    SPA3000 or papa2, however they all show within the price range £45 - £50,
    and reading tech spec they appear identical
    The Sipura SPA3000 is listed at approx £75

    old man, Mar 29, 2006
  13. old man wrote:
    > Depending which uk site you visit, you'll find the Linksys listed as either
    > SPA3000 or papa2, however they all show within the price range £45 - £50,
    > and reading tech spec they appear identical
    > The Sipura SPA3000 is listed at approx £75

    I can't find anything that refers to it as a PAPA2 (not even pricerunner
    , froogle etc.)

    The difference between a PAP 2 and an SPA3000 is the same as the
    difference between an SPA2000 and an SPA2000.

    (PAP 2 has 2 X FXS ports and the SPA3000 has an FXS and an FXO port with
    failover).

    The one at Dabs if a PAP2 (which is unsurprisingly the cheape rof the 2).

    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 29, 2006
  14. old man

    old man Guest

    Sorry meant pap2
    I notice Amazon uk lists Linksys pap2 as a Linksys Vonage unit (£40)
    Linksys UK doesnt list a pap2, only a SPA3000 (1 FXS + 1 FXO)
    Sipura list SPA3000 (1 FXS + 1 FXO)

    old man, Mar 29, 2006
  15. old man wrote:
    > Sorry meant pap2
    > I notice Amazon uk lists Linksys pap2 as a Linksys Vonage unit (£40)
    > Linksys UK doesnt list a pap2, only a SPA3000 (1 FXS + 1 FXO)
    > Sipura list SPA3000 (1 FXS + 1 FXO)

    There are 2 PAP2's in the uk, a PAP2/NA and a PAP2/VO (or summat
    similar), the Vonage one is subsidised (and therefore locked).

    The pap2 is on linksys' uk site at:

    http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/S...308483&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper

    Strangely I can't find the SPA-3000 on there. (feggin site).

    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 29, 2006
  16. old man

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:02:15 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    >old man wrote:
    >> Sorry meant pap2
    >> I notice Amazon uk lists Linksys pap2 as a Linksys Vonage unit (£40)
    >> Linksys UK doesnt list a pap2, only a SPA3000 (1 FXS + 1 FXO)
    >> Sipura list SPA3000 (1 FXS + 1 FXO)
    >>

    >There are 2 PAP2's in the uk, a PAP2/NA and a PAP2/VO (or summat
    >similar), the Vonage one is subsidised (and therefore locked).
    >
    >The pap2 is on linksys' uk site at:
    >
    >http://www-uk.linksys.com/servlet/S...308483&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper
    >
    >Strangely I can't find the SPA-3000 on there. (feggin site).

    Anyone know a cheap source of SPA-1001?
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 29, 2006
  17. old man