    children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
    pstn->voip and voip->pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
    help from Brian A and the rest.. !!

    Wira One, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Wira One

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:52:05 GMT, Wira One <>
    wrote:

    >Received my unit from broadbandbuyer today and spent few hours cracking my
    >head playing with the dialplan. Anyway, it works as intended and I could
    >use my landline with voip now. Found few UK specific settings on the net
    >but wondering why they're varies. I'll stick with the one found in
    >voxilla for now. The great thing about it is.. no more confusion for the
    >children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
    >pstn->voip and voip->pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
    >help from Brian A and the rest.. !!

    Pleased you got it working !!!

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Brian A wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:52:05 GMT, Wira One <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Received my unit from broadbandbuyer today and spent few hours cracking my
    >> head playing with the dialplan. Anyway, it works as intended and I could
    >> use my landline with voip now. Found few UK specific settings on the net
    >> but wondering why they're varies. I'll stick with the one found in
    >> voxilla for now. The great thing about it is.. no more confusion for the
    >> children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
    >> pstn->voip and voip->pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
    >> help from Brian A and the rest.. !!

    > Pleased you got it working !!!

    Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 5, 2006
  4. Wira One

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:46:46 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    >Brian A wrote:
    >> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:52:05 GMT, Wira One <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Received my unit from broadbandbuyer today and spent few hours cracking my
    >>> head playing with the dialplan. Anyway, it works as intended and I could
    >>> use my landline with voip now. Found few UK specific settings on the net
    >>> but wondering why they're varies. I'll stick with the one found in
    >>> voxilla for now. The great thing about it is.. no more confusion for the
    >>> children and missus. I'm not going to do fancy thing for now and the
    >>> pstn->voip and voip->pstn features are turned off for now. Cheers for the
    >>> help from Brian A and the rest.. !!

    >> Pleased you got it working !!!
    >>

    >Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

    So, what's the problem?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 5, 2006
  5. Brian A wrote:
    > On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:46:46 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Brian A wrote:

    >>> Pleased you got it working !!!
    >>>

    >> Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

    > So, what's the problem?

    2 things mainly, when a call comes in from the PSTN, it will only switch
    to asterisk if I have PSTN CID For VoIP CID unset (so no CallerID) and
    for outgoing calls I can't get it to consistenly reproduce DTMF tones.

    This is all with firmware 3.1.10 and asterisk 1.2.9.1.

    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 6, 2006
  6. Wira One

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 23:31:29 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    >Brian A wrote:
    >> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:46:46 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

    >> So, what's the problem?
    >>

    >2 things mainly, when a call comes in from the PSTN, it will only switch
    >to asterisk if I have PSTN CID For VoIP CID unset (so no CallerID) and
    >for outgoing calls I can't get it to consistenly reproduce DTMF tones.
    >
    >This is all with firmware 3.1.10 and asterisk 1.2.9.1.

    Sadly I am not an Asterisk expert so can't make any comments of real
    substance.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 6, 2006

    From what I can see, the sip uri changes from username@host to
    incomingnumber@host, and asterisk can't authenticate the call.

    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 6, 2006
  8. Wira One

    paul123 Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

    Thomas, Nerdvittles tutorial for setting up the SPA3000 on
    Asterisk@home was the only one that worked for me. I also tried 2 other
    "working" setups that just wouldn't work for me.....

    The tutorial could probably be adapted to a "pure" asterisk
    installation.
    If you haven't tried it, see: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=65

    paul123, Jul 6, 2006
  9. Wira One

    Andy E Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote in message

    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >> Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

    > Thomas, Nerdvittles tutorial for setting up the SPA3000 on
    > Asterisk@home was the only one that worked for me. I also tried 2 other
    > "working" setups that just wouldn't work for me.....
    >
    > The tutorial could probably be adapted to a "pure" asterisk
    > installation.
    > If you haven't tried it, see: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=65

    Sorry about the "blond" question, but can you give a novice a little info on
    what this product does please?

    I am in UK and have used Skype through a headset etc etc and quite pleased
    with results for 1.2p/min to uk landlines to save a few pennies.

    Wondering what the next stage is, and can anyone give my some basic starting
    tips and info.

    many thanks and sorry not too techo here lol

    AE

    Andy E, Jul 7, 2006
  10. Wira One

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:05:49 +0100, "Andy E"
    <andygaswrexham(nospam)@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >"paul123" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >>> Yeah, good on you, I'm buggered if I can get mine working.

    >> Thomas, Nerdvittles tutorial for setting up the SPA3000 on
    >> Asterisk@home was the only one that worked for me. I also tried 2 other
    >> "working" setups that just wouldn't work for me.....
    >>
    >> The tutorial could probably be adapted to a "pure" asterisk
    >> installation.
    >> If you haven't tried it, see: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=65

    >Sorry about the "blond" question, but can you give a novice a little info on
    >what this product does please?
    >
    >I am in UK and have used Skype through a headset etc etc and quite pleased
    >with results for 1.2p/min to uk landlines to save a few pennies.
    >
    >Wondering what the next stage is, and can anyone give my some basic starting
    >tips and info.
    >
    >many thanks and sorry not too techo here lol

    Take a look at
    www.voip-info.org
    read the forums at
    www.voxilla.com

    All you need for SIP voip is an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA).
    You plug the ATA into your router and ordinary tlephones into the ATA.
    The computer is only required in setting up the ATA. Once that is done
    no ATA is required. You then have a choice of many hundreds of
    providers, world wide, to route your calls - not stuck with one as
    with Skype.
    Make sure that you buy an UNLOCKED ATA - not a Vonage or Sipgate
    locked one for example.
    Check out voip.co.uk, voipfone.co.uk,voiptalk.org

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 7, 2006
  11. Wira One

    Andy E Guest

    Thank you Bryan for speedy reply.

    1. I have 3 cordless phones at home going through 1 base station. Are these
    compatible?

    2. I have noticed that all calls in uk and usa are free using
    www.voipstunt.com Is this a good one to use also?? Seems the cheapest i
    have found so far from uk!

    Andy

    Andy E, Jul 7, 2006
  12. Wira One

    Andy E Guest

    what ATA would you recommend bryan please?

    Andy E, Jul 7, 2006
  13. Thus spaketh Andy E:
    Post fixed.

    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:05:49 +0100, "Andy E"
    >> <andygaswrexham(nospam)@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "paul123" <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry about the "blond" question, but can you give a novice a
    >>> little info on
    >>> what this product does please?
    >>>
    >>> I am in UK and have used Skype through a headset etc etc and quite
    >>> pleased with results for 1.2p/min to uk landlines to save a few
    >>> pennies. Wondering what the next stage is, and can anyone give my
    >>> some basic
    >>> starting
    >>> tips and info.
    >>>
    >>> many thanks and sorry not too techo here lol
    >>>

    >> Take a look at
    >> www.voip-info.org
    >> read the forums at
    >> www.voxilla.com
    >>
    >> All you need for SIP voip is an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA).
    >> You plug the ATA into your router and ordinary tlephones into the
    >> ATA. The computer is only required in setting up the ATA. Once that
    >> is done no ATA is required. You then have a choice of many hundreds
    >> of providers, world wide, to route your calls - not stuck with one as
    >> with Skype.
    >> Make sure that you buy an UNLOCKED ATA - not a Vonage or Sipgate
    >> locked one for example.
    >> Check out voip.co.uk, voipfone.co.uk,voiptalk.org
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > Thank you Bryan for speedy reply.
    >
    > 1. I have 3 cordless phones at home going through 1 base station. Are
    > these compatible?
    >
    > 2. I have noticed that all calls in uk and usa are free using
    > www.voipstunt.com Is this a good one to use also?? Seems the
    > cheapest i have found so far from uk!
    >
    > Andy

    I've been using VoIP stunt for many months, have just recently had to
    top up as the 120 day credit has now kicked in, using this and
    previously VoIPBuster I've had 14 months of free calls all for €6 (six
    Euro), though now have to pay €10 per 120 days and you now get 300 free
    mins per week for that, calls over your 300 mins are charged at 1c/min.
    I've had no problems with VoIP Stunt.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 7, 2006
  14. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 7, 2006
  15. Wira One

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh Andy E:
    > > what ATA would you recommend bryan please?
    > >

    > Depends whether you also want your PSTN to be included,
    > if you do then I'd say the SPA 3000, if you only need
    > VoIP then the PAP2 is very good.

    Or if you want all your eggs in one basket the AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050
    has an ADSL modem, router, hardware firewall, VoIP ATA (with 3 VoIP phone
    ports and a PSTN phone port, it also supports QoS) plus a wireless access
    point. Not the cheapest of devices but does what it says on the tin.
    www.avm.de/en for info or it's available on the Sipgate web page shop.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 7, 2006
  16. Wira One

    Guest

    On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:42:28 GMT, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >UNLOCKED ATA - not a Vonage or Sipgate
    >locked one for example.

    Vonage ones are locked, but the Grandstream AT486 I bought from
    Sipgate wasn't locked. Are some of their ATAs locked?

    , Jul 7, 2006
  17. Wira One

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:39:04 +0100, wrote:

    >On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:42:28 GMT, Brian A
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>UNLOCKED ATA - not a Vonage or Sipgate
    >>locked one for example.

    >Vonage ones are locked, but the Grandstream AT486 I bought from
    >Sipgate wasn't locked. Are some of their ATAs locked?

    The Sipgate Netgear ones are afaik.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Jul 7, 2006
  18. Wira One

    Ian Pawson Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh Andy E:
    > Post fixed.
    >>
    >> "Brian A" <> wrote in message

    >>> Take a look at
    >>> www.voip-info.org
    >>> read the forums at
    >>> www.voxilla.com
    >>>
    >>> All you need for SIP voip is an Analogue Telephone Adapter (ATA).
    >>> You plug the ATA into your router and ordinary tlephones into the
    >>> ATA. The computer is only required in setting up the ATA. Once that
    >>> is done no ATA is required. You then have a choice of many hundreds
    >>> of providers, world wide, to route your calls - not stuck with one as
    >>> with Skype.
    >>> Make sure that you buy an UNLOCKED ATA - not a Vonage or Sipgate
    >>> locked one for example.
    >>> Check out voip.co.uk, voipfone.co.uk,voiptalk.org
    >>>
    >>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >> Thank you Bryan for speedy reply.
    >>
    >> 1. I have 3 cordless phones at home going through 1 base station. Are
    >> these compatible?
    >>
    >> 2. I have noticed that all calls in uk and usa are free using
    >> www.voipstunt.com Is this a good one to use also?? Seems the
    >> cheapest i have found so far from uk!
    >>
    >> Andy
    >>

    > I've been using VoIP stunt for many months, have just recently had to
    > top up as the 120 day credit has now kicked in, using this and
    > previously VoIPBuster I've had 14 months of free calls all for €6 (six
    > Euro), though now have to pay €10 per 120 days and you now get 300 free
    > mins per week for that, calls over your 300 mins are charged at 1c/min.
    > I've had no problems with VoIP Stunt.

    What is the difference between VoIP Stunt and VoIP Cheap? The web sites
    and software are very similar.

    Ian Pawson, Jul 7, 2006
  19. Thus spaketh Ian Pawson:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >>>

    >> I've been using VoIP stunt for many months, have just recently had to
    >> top up as the 120 day credit has now kicked in, using this and
    >> previously VoIPBuster I've had 14 months of free calls all for €6
    >> (six Euro), though now have to pay €10 per 120 days and you now get
    >> 300 free mins per week for that, calls over your 300 mins are
    >> charged at 1c/min. I've had no problems with VoIP Stunt.
    >>

    > What is the difference between VoIP Stunt and VoIP Cheap? The web
    > sites and software are very similar.

    Price differences, that's about it.

    There's also differences in price between voipcheap.com and
    voipcheap.co.uk

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 7, 2006
  20. Wira One

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:39:04 +0100,
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:42:28 GMT, Brian A
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > UNLOCKED ATA - not a Vonage or Sipgate
    > > > locked one for example.

    > > Vonage ones are locked, but the Grandstream AT486 I
    > > bought from Sipgate wasn't locked. Are some of their
    > > ATAs locked?

    > The Sipgate Netgear ones are afaik.

    But now unlockable from the Sipgate site (although you lose entitlement to
    tech support if you do so).

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 8, 2006