    like to do if possible is just hang up the VOIP side of the call and have a
    dial tone again without redialling into the Gateway. Any ideas? Thank you in
    advance

    Zid Swanish, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Zid Swanish

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:41:07 -0000, "Zid Swanish" <>
    wrote:

    >I am using Linksys SPA-3102 like this. I have a GSM gateway connected to the
    >PSTN port, when I dial the GSM gateway from my mobile the SPA-3102 answers
    >it and then gives me a dial tone using my VOIP account, I can then make
    >calls from my mobile through my VOIP account, (Great I hear you say) The
    >problem is if I want to make another call from my mobile through me VOIP
    >account I need to end the call on my mobile and dial again. What I would
    >like to do if possible is just hang up the VOIP side of the call and have a
    >dial tone again without redialling into the Gateway. Any ideas? Thank you in
    >advance

    I don't know if I've really understood you but I think I have. I don't
    know how you would solve this problem with the apparatus 'as
    is'...though it would be interesting to read of a solution.
    If I was faced with this I would make use of a DTMF decoder chip. I'd
    interface the PSTN ATA connection to GSM gateway with a relay
    controlled switch. Then I'd devise some electronics to make use of the
    DTMF decoder chip to control the relay such that when, say, a '#'
    signal was received it open circuited the link - hence the call goes
    down.
    In summary...detect a '#' being dialled by the mobile phone and open
    circuit the connection to the PSTN connection on the ATA in response.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---

    Brian A, Jan 14, 2008

  3. Zid Swanish

    Jono Guest

    on 14/01/2008, Brian A supposed :
    > On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:41:07 -0000, "Zid Swanish" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am using Linksys SPA-3102 like this. I have a GSM gateway connected to the
    >> PSTN port, when I dial the GSM gateway from my mobile the SPA-3102 answers
    >> it and then gives me a dial tone using my VOIP account, I can then make
    >> calls from my mobile through my VOIP account, (Great I hear you say) The
    >> problem is if I want to make another call from my mobile through me VOIP
    >> account I need to end the call on my mobile and dial again. What I would
    >> like to do if possible is just hang up the VOIP side of the call and have a
    >> dial tone again without redialling into the Gateway. Any ideas? Thank you in
    >> advance
    >>

    > I don't know if I've really understood you but I think I have. I don't
    > know how you would solve this problem with the apparatus 'as
    > is'...though it would be interesting to read of a solution.
    > If I was faced with this I would make use of a DTMF decoder chip. I'd
    > interface the PSTN ATA connection to GSM gateway with a relay
    > controlled switch. Then I'd devise some electronics to make use of the
    > DTMF decoder chip to control the relay such that when, say, a '#'
    > signal was received it open circuited the link - hence the call goes
    > down.
    > In summary...detect a '#' being dialled by the mobile phone and open
    > circuit the connection to the PSTN connection on the ATA in response.

    Does that mean you thought he might be asking how to make a follow-on
    call when using the PSTN-to-VoIP gateway when ringing from his
    mobile....?

    ;-)

    Jono, Jan 14, 2008
  4. Zid Swanish

    mr deo Guest

    > I don't know if I've really understood you but I think I have. I don't
    > know how you would solve this problem with the apparatus 'as
    > is'...though it would be interesting to read of a solution.
    > If I was faced with this I would make use of a DTMF decoder chip. I'd
    > interface the PSTN ATA connection to GSM gateway with a relay
    > controlled switch. Then I'd devise some electronics to make use of the
    > DTMF decoder chip to control the relay such that when, say, a '#'
    > signal was received it open circuited the link - hence the call goes
    > down.
    > In summary...detect a '#' being dialled by the mobile phone and open
    > circuit the connection to the PSTN connection on the ATA in response.

    I rekon you understood him......
    But he's gonna scratch his head a little bit ;).

    mr deo, Jan 15, 2008
  5. Zid Swanish

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:17:15 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >on 14/01/2008, Brian A supposed :
    >> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:41:07 -0000, "Zid Swanish" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am using Linksys SPA-3102 like this. I have a GSM gateway connected to the
    >>> PSTN port, when I dial the GSM gateway from my mobile the SPA-3102 answers
    >>> it and then gives me a dial tone using my VOIP account, I can then make
    >>> calls from my mobile through my VOIP account, (Great I hear you say) The
    >>> problem is if I want to make another call from my mobile through me VOIP
    >>> account I need to end the call on my mobile and dial again. What I would
    >>> like to do if possible is just hang up the VOIP side of the call and have a
    >>> dial tone again without redialling into the Gateway. Any ideas? Thank you in
    >>> advance
    >>>

    >> I don't know if I've really understood you but I think I have. I don't
    >> know how you would solve this problem with the apparatus 'as
    >> is'...though it would be interesting to read of a solution.
    >> If I was faced with this I would make use of a DTMF decoder chip. I'd
    >> interface the PSTN ATA connection to GSM gateway with a relay
    >> controlled switch. Then I'd devise some electronics to make use of the
    >> DTMF decoder chip to control the relay such that when, say, a '#'
    >> signal was received it open circuited the link - hence the call goes
    >> down.
    >> In summary...detect a '#' being dialled by the mobile phone and open
    >> circuit the connection to the PSTN connection on the ATA in response.
    >>

    >Does that mean you thought he might be asking how to make a follow-on
    >call when using the PSTN-to-VoIP gateway when ringing from his
    >mobile....?
    >
    >;-)

    Well, Yes, but I have never tried doing this as I don't have a PSTN
    line so was unable to comment as to whether this might be possible 'as
    is' but I couldn't see a way.
    Building up a DTMF detector isn't difficult. I once did it to control
    a remote computer over the phone. Put together that and perhaps a
    transistor to drive a relay and it's done.

    ---

    Brian A, Jan 15, 2008
  6. Zid Swanish

    Guest

    On 1ÔÂ15ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç12ʱ41·Ö, "Zid Swanish" <> wrote:
    > I am using Linksys SPA-3102 like this. I have a GSM gateway connected to the
    > PSTN port, when I dial the GSM gateway from my mobile the SPA-3102 answers
    > it and then gives me a dial tone using my VOIP account, I can then make
    > calls from my mobile through my VOIP account, (Great I hear you say) The
    > problem is if I want to make another call from my mobile through me VOIP
    > account I need to end the call on my mobile and dial again. What I would
    > like to do if possible is just hang up the VOIP side of the call and have a
    > dial tone again without redialling into the Gateway. Any ideas? Thank you in
    > advance

    It depends on your service provider and your ATA. As I know, no ATA
    can do it, even my Shang332. because the fxo call state machine would
    never back to wait new call after they get calls. If you use
    asterisk, you could write a dial plan to repeat it.

    Leon
    telecomchinasourcing.com

    , Jan 16, 2008