    this device. If so, what if one of those accounts needs stun settings
    and the other doesn't? Do/can they coexist? This isn't too important,
    as it can be worked around, but could be useful.

    paul123, Apr 20, 2006

  2. paul123

    Brian A Guest

    On 20 Apr 2006 13:25:18 -0700, "paul123" <> wrote:

    >In the market for an FXO capable device for my asterisk box, saw a
    >Linksys SPA-3000 for about 50 squid and was wondering..... Presumably
    >the Linksys SPA-3000 is simply a Sipura 3000 in different clothes. Can
    >someone confirm this is so?

    Yes!

    >Another question - I understand 2 sip accounts can be configured on
    >this device. If so, what if one of those accounts needs stun settings
    >and the other doesn't? Do/can they coexist? This isn't too important,
    >as it can be worked around, but could be useful.

    You can have ONE SIP account for incoming calls (which is also for
    outgoing - though you don't have to use it). You can have 4 'gateways'
    (additional providers) for outgoing calls. However, the gateways are
    just a convenient way of routing in the dial plan. You can equally
    well add more outgoing providers with the apprpriate syntax in your
    dial plan.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 20, 2006

  3. paul123

    Matt Guest

    Where from? - sounds like a great price. Could do with another one...

    Cheers

    Matt, Apr 20, 2006
  4. paul123

    Jim Guest

    Broadbandbuyer - I believe
    Does anyone know if the Fritz!box does the same thing ?

    Jim, Apr 20, 2006
  5. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    paul123, Apr 20, 2006
  6. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > On 20 Apr 2006 13:25:18 -0700, "paul123" <> wrote:
    >
    > >In the market for an FXO capable device for my asterisk box, saw a
    > >Linksys SPA-3000 for about 50 squid and was wondering..... Presumably
    > >the Linksys SPA-3000 is simply a Sipura 3000 in different clothes. Can
    > >someone confirm this is so?

    > Yes!
    > >
    > >Another question - I understand 2 sip accounts can be configured on
    > >this device. If so, what if one of those accounts needs stun settings
    > >and the other doesn't? Do/can they coexist? This isn't too important,
    > >as it can be worked around, but could be useful.

    > You can have ONE SIP account for incoming calls (which is also for
    > outgoing - though you don't have to use it). You can have 4 'gateways'
    > (additional providers) for outgoing calls. However, the gateways are
    > just a convenient way of routing in the dial plan. You can equally
    > well add more outgoing providers with the apprpriate syntax in your
    > dial plan.

    Brian, thanks for the answers. As they are one and the same device and
    highly regarded on all the forums, I think I'll get one! Cheers.

    Notes aside: As only one sip account can be used for incoming, I'd
    probably just configure that as another extension (let's call it
    ext3000) of the asterisk box. That way it could receive incoming sip
    calls from various providers. Likewise, I'd route the incoming PSTN
    calls to asterisk and let it route back to ext3000 if it wants to
    (afterhours could be routed to voicemail). Outbound would also all be
    pointed at asterisk to handle.

    paul123, Apr 20, 2006
  7. paul123

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > Broadbandbuyer - I believe
    > Does anyone know if the Fritz!box does the same thing ?

    The Fritz!Box comes in various guises, the one I have (Fritz!Box Fon, no
    wireless) can accommodate up to 10 SIP accounts, I am assuming the other
    versions are similar in this respect, but see www.avm.de/en for more info.

    There are 2 FXS (phone) ports and these can be configured to ring on
    any/all of the accounts, so all can be used for incoming calls. For
    outgoing calls, all the accounts can be used, although dialling out on
    anything other than the first two, which are directly associated with the
    2 phone ports, requires dialling a prefix code in the form *123## which
    for some reason doesn't work if stored in a speed dial, so has to be
    dialled manually. For this reason, I recommend you assign the accounts you
    dial out on the most to the first two positions, this puts them on the
    phone ports directly.

    There is also a fixed line port, which works on either an ordinary
    analogue line or will also work on an ISDN line, although this is not
    usually required in the UK, given that ISDN and ADSL seem to be mutually
    exclusive here. The fixed line can also be configured to ring the phones
    and can also be used to dial out on, but again a prefix is required unless
    the line is assigned to one of the phone ports.

    If anyone wants more info on the Fritz!Box let me know, I've been using it
    for almost a year and can recommend it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 21, 2006
  8. paul123

    Jim Guest

    Ivor does the fritz!box do pass through on the pstn port like the 3000 does
    ? i.e. if the router fails it just connects the analog phone port directly
    through to the
    pstn connection ?
    Also I am thinking of buying the 7050 , can be bought on ebay for £100
    delivered , is the firmware generic ? i.e. gives
    option of English or German

    Thanks
    Jim

    Jim, Apr 21, 2006
  9. paul123

    Sean Guest

    Does the SPA pass BT PSTN CLI through to asterisk ok?

    Sean, Apr 26, 2006
  10. Sean wrote:
    > Does the SPA pass BT PSTN CLI through to asterisk ok?

    Some people on here have said that the Linksys SPA 3000 is exactly the
    same board as the Sipura 3000, with a slightly different firmware.

    I hope it does, I've just ordered another one.

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 26, 2006
  11. paul123

    Sean Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Sean wrote:
    >> Does the SPA pass BT PSTN CLI through to asterisk ok?

    > Some people on here have said that the Linksys SPA 3000 is exactly the
    > same board as the Sipura 3000, with a slightly different firmware.
    >
    > I hope it does, I've just ordered another one.

    Where you ordered them from?

    Think i will order one soon

    Sean, Apr 26, 2006
  12. Sean wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >> Sean wrote:
    >>> Does the SPA pass BT PSTN CLI through to asterisk ok?

    >> Some people on here have said that the Linksys SPA 3000 is exactly the
    >> same board as the Sipura 3000, with a slightly different firmware.
    >>
    >> I hope it does, I've just ordered another one.

    > Where you ordered them from?
    >
    > Think i will order one soon

    Don't buy one from redstore, I ordered one from one and a half months
    ago, they haven't responded to emails, I can't get through to them on
    the phone and they ignored the fax I sent them.

    In the end I ordered it from the Dutch fellow that's been selling them
    on ebay.

    Just got a shipping confirmation (I think, I don't know dutch).

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 26, 2006
  13. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    > In the end I ordered it from the Dutch fellow that's been selling them
    > on ebay.
    >
    > Just got a shipping confirmation (I think, I don't know dutch).

    I ordered one from him too Thomas (Monday evening).

    Yesterday I got another email from him which systransoft.com translated
    as:
    "I have sent the next object to your. It lies soon in the bus.", so I
    assume it's on its way! :)

    paul123, Apr 27, 2006
  14. paul123 wrote:
    > Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >> In the end I ordered it from the Dutch fellow that's been selling them
    >> on ebay.
    >>
    >> Just got a shipping confirmation (I think, I don't know dutch).

    > I ordered one from him too Thomas (Monday evening).
    >
    > Yesterday I got another email from him which systransoft.com translated
    > as:
    > "I have sent the next object to your. It lies soon in the bus.", so I
    > assume it's on its way! :)

    Heh :) I got an english one today. (Had the Dutch one already).

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 27, 2006
  15. paul123

    Sean Guest

    Sipura user guide says :

    Notes:
    - The <Caller-ID Method> parameter under [Regional] tab only controls
    the Caller-ID signal format
    sent by the SPA to the Caller-ID device attached to the FXS/PHONE port;
    it does not apply to the
    caller-id signal format sent to the SPA by the PSTN switch via the
    FXO/LINE port. At present the
    SPA can only decode Bellcore FSK style Caller-ID signal sent by the PSTN
    switch.

    So i guess no chance of CLI coming through on the PSTN to the stuff
    connected?

    I've ordered one... will be interesting :)

    Sean, Apr 28, 2006
  16. Sean wrote:
    > > Sipura user guide says :
    > >
    > > SPA can only decode Bellcore FSK style Caller-ID signal sent by the PSTN
    > > switch.

    I noticed that on the FAQ on sipuras site (linksys' site still a bit
    hopeless)

    NOTE: SPA-3000 only supports Bellcore Type I (On-Hook) Caller ID.

    But in the notes for the latest 2.0 firmware it states.

    'Support Denmark/Netherlands PSTN line side caller-ID detection'

    (not that I have any idea what the Denmark/NL standard is).

    Maybe they are being added, or have been in v3 and the FAQ hasn't been
    updated.

    Either way it would have been nicer if they enclosed a full changelog.

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 29, 2006
  17. Sean wrote:
    > Sipura user guide says :
    >
    > SPA can only decode Bellcore FSK style Caller-ID signal sent by the PSTN
    > switch.

    I noticed that on the FAQ on sipuras site (linksys' site still a bit
    hopeless)

    NOTE: SPA-3000 only supports Bellcore Type I (On-Hook) Caller ID.

    But in the notes for the latest firmware it states.

    'Support Denmark/Netherlands PSTN line side caller-ID detection'

    Maybe they are being added.

    (not that I have any idea what the Denmark/NL standard is).

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 29, 2006
  18. In article <e2u2n8$r77$2surf.net>,
    Sean <> writes:
    > Sipura user guide says :
    >
    > Notes:
    > - The <Caller-ID Method> parameter under [Regional] tab only controls
    > the Caller-ID signal format
    > sent by the SPA to the Caller-ID device attached to the FXS/PHONE port;
    > it does not apply to the
    > caller-id signal format sent to the SPA by the PSTN switch via the
    > FXO/LINE port. At present the
    > SPA can only decode Bellcore FSK style Caller-ID signal sent by the PSTN
    > switch.
    >
    > So i guess no chance of CLI coming through on the PSTN to the stuff
    > connected?

    The manual is wrong (probably way out of date). It picks up
    BT's callerid automatically without any special configuration.
    It can also be configured to send BT callerid to the FXS port.

    I have one installed in France, and that also does the off-hook
    callerid on the FXS port when doing call waiting. I don't have
    any off-hook callerid capable equipment in the UK, so I don't
    know if that aspect works when configured for BT's callerid on
    the FXS port.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Apr 29, 2006
  19. In article <jjx4g.1488$>,
    Thomas Kenyon <> writes:
    > I noticed that on the FAQ on sipuras site (linksys' site still a bit
    > hopeless)
    >
    > NOTE: SPA-3000 only supports Bellcore Type I (On-Hook) Caller ID.
    >
    > But in the notes for the latest 2.0 firmware it states.
    >
    > 'Support Denmark/Netherlands PSTN line side caller-ID detection'

    I bought my first SPA-3000 a year ago, and it had older 2.x
    firmware on it than was then current. This supported BT callerid
    out of the box.

    > Either way it would have been nicer if they enclosed a full changelog.

    Yes, and/or updated the manual occasionally.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel

    Andrew Gabriel, Apr 29, 2006
  20. paul123

    Sean Guest

    > The manual is wrong (probably way out of date). It picks up
    > BT's callerid automatically without any special configuration.
    > It can also be configured to send BT callerid to the FXS port.
    >
    > I have one installed in France, and that also does the off-hook
    > callerid on the FXS port when doing call waiting. I don't have
    > any off-hook callerid capable equipment in the UK, so I don't
    > know if that aspect works when configured for BT's callerid on
    > the FXS port.

    Very good to know!

    It will work with call waiting caller ID.... Its same in UK as other
    places i think.

    Just need to wait for it to be delivered :)

    Sean, Apr 29, 2006