Linksys RV082 Problem: Can "login" but can't access web based utility

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Giffy, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. Giffy

    Giffy Guest

    Hi,

    Ok this is going to sound strange but here goes... I've had the
    Linksys RV082 for 6 months now and it's worked great until last
    Tuesday. Users couldn't connect to the internet etc... I've done
    numerous tests and here's what's happening:

    - I can access the web based utility whe on the internal network
    192.168.1.1/24
    - I can sometimes access the web based utility externally (using port
    8080)
    - This used to work fine all the time before.
    - When I connect from work, it no longer lets me (I didn't change any
    network configs from work)
    - When I connect from home, sometimes.
    - When I am connected to the VPN using Quick VPN, it doesn't work at
    all
    - I can connect to the VPN
    - Internal users (on 192.168.1.1/24 network) can get IP addresses, and
    see each other. They can not access the internet (DNS doesn't work at
    all). They can ping static IP addresses but can't really do too much
    with them.

    Again, I know this sounds crazy. I've updated to the newest flash,
    done a hard reset, tested a bunch of difference scenarios and still
    same results.

    I have not made any changes to the router for a while which leads me
    to believe that it's broken. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance

    mRMEOVE_HTISartin@gRMEOVE_HTISmail.com

    (I know I spelt "remove this " wrong...)
    Giffy, Jun 28, 2006

  2. Giffy

    Giffy Guest

    OK,

    One more thing I forgot to add (which makes it even more wierd)...
    When I try to login externally or via VPN, I am prompted for the
    username/pass (which rules out firewall issues)... I login properly (I
    know because I tested with bad passwords as well) and then it just trys
    to load up the home.htm page... doesn't give me a "page timeout"
    error....

    Thanks.

    - When I try to access the

    Giffy, Jun 28, 2006