    please enlighten me, hj.

    --
    ______________________

    hugh jass, Sep 16, 2003

  2. hugh jass

    pcbutts1 Guest

    What does the manual say the password is. RTFM

    "hugh jass" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I have hooked up my linksys befsx41 (4 port firewall vpn) router so that

    two
    > machines are sharing an internet connection. Now, for configuration so

    that
    > I can optimize the file sharing and printer sharing capabilities as well

    as
    > check what the firewall is doing.
    > Unfortunately, I can't access the configuration when I type the router's

    IP
    > (192.168.1.1) into the browser. The log in window comes up, but I can't
    > gain access. Is it b/c, though I am administrator of both the xp and

    win98

    pcbutts1, Sep 16, 2003

  3. hugh jass

    Miggsee Guest

    I type admin & admin as default on my home network with the same router.

    Luck!!

    Miggsee, Sep 16, 2003
  4. hugh jass

    hugh jass Guest

    That worked! Thanks a lot Miggsee,
    hj.

    --
    ______________________
    "Miggsee" <> wrote in message
    : I type admin & admin as default on my home network with the same router.
    :
    : Luck!!
    :
    : "hugh jass" <> wrote in message
    : news:kyt9b.3320$...
    : > Hello,
    : > I have hooked up my linksys befsx41 (4 port firewall vpn) router so that
    : two
    : > machines are sharing an internet connection. Now, for configuration so
    : that
    : > I can optimize the file sharing and printer sharing capabilities as well
    : as
    : > check what the firewall is doing.
    : > Unfortunately, I can't access the configuration when I type the router's
    : IP
    : > (192.168.1.1) into the browser. The log in window comes up, but I can't
    : > gain access. Is it b/c, though I am administrator of both the xp and
    : win98
    : > machines, I don't have a password defined?
    : > please enlighten me, hj.
    : >
    : > --
    : > ______________________

    hugh jass, Sep 16, 2003
  5. hugh jass

    Rosco Guest

    By default to login to a linksys router, direct to 192.168.1.1 then
    leave the user name box blank and type admin in the password box

    Rosco, Sep 16, 2003
  6. hugh jass

    Miggsee Guest

    :) You are welcome! :)